Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Twenty minutes after Lois and Clark had arrived at the farmhouse, a haphazard trail of clothes extended from the back door through the living room and up the stairs - and a breathy silence had fallen in the bedroom.

"Wow," Lois said. "What have you done to me? I can't keep my hands off you."

Clark had noticed that. "I'm not complaining," he said.

"I thought you said we were coming back to Smallville to - and I quote - 'work on the farm'."

"That *was* work," Clark said with a wink. "See how breathless we are."

"You should get out of bed, try to locate your clothes, and get your cute butt into your barn to see to your neglected animals or crops or whatever else you have out there."
Thanks!

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adorable. I am happy they are happy. I am also glad they are putting effort in to finding Martha. The reunion with her Uncle Mike and Dad sounds nice too. I wonder if Lois is worrying about what he will remember. He seemed to take the news of being Kryptonian in stride. I still want an nfic part though ;-)Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was a sudden jolt. Going from Lois and Clark in the bedroom love to Menzies and Scardino.
lol

I'm glad they are actively searching for Martha. I wonder if she's actively searching for Clark.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. Very pleased to see that Martha hasn't been forgotten.

Any hope that Jonathan isn't dead? I don't recall the news of his death being very reliable.

Framework4
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I also didn't expect the very sudden change from Lois' dress hitting the floor to Eric and Daniel' scene. I am happy that Eric is actively looking for Martha and that he is acknowledging the truth - even to Daniel - that the alien didn't kill the two agents and that he should have handled the situation differently.

This was my favourite in that scene:

Eric nodded. "Do you think there is any future to the Superman thing?"

"As in Clark getting back into the costume and helping out again?"

"Yes."

"I don't know," Daniel said. "But I can tell you that he won't do it unless Lois encourages and supports him."

"You think she's *that* important to him?"

"I don't think there's a way to quantify how important Lois is to Clark. Or Superman. They both need her."

"He's a lucky man," Eric said.

"Yeah," Daniel agreed, thinking about the cell. "And that's despite everything Trask and Moyne did to him."
Back to L&C: Seems like you have created "insatiable monsters" with their honeymoon and wanting each other so much (and often) laugh

And it was just cute that Clark wanted to get back to the farm asap, and even though he said to "work", I am sure that is not what he meant - and your preview "proved" that smile

Looking forward to the next part and when Martha (and Jonathan?) will show up hyper

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois wriggled her shoulders - just a tiny movement - and the dress slithered to the floor.

Part 11

"Scotch?"

"No, thanks."

Eric Menzies slid open his drawer, set a glass on his desk, and half-filled it from the bottle that had also been stashed out of sight.
*blink* But it is nice to see them again. Interesting switch in tempo.

"We need to find out what happened to his mother," Eric said.
Wow. Getting rid of that miscreant sure opened up possibilities for Menzies.

"I don't think there's a way to quantify how important Lois is to Clark. Or Superman. They both need her."

"He's a lucky man," Eric said.

"Yeah," Daniel agreed, thinking about the cell. "And that's despite everything Trask and Moyne did to him."
clap laugh

"Not in the sense of Earth being your home planet," Lois said lightly. "You come from the planet of Krypton - so that makes you Kryptonian."
So, Clark found the globe before he was imprisoned? I completely forgot about this. And what happened with the globe later on?

"Whatever I am, it didn't keep me from marrying the prettiest of all Earth women." His grin came again, doused with suggestion. "And it didn't stop us from, ah ... verifying our compatibility."
Ah, yes. They managed to read the Ikea instructions on how to produce offspring and they actually got the right nuts and bolts in the little baggies to put everything together.

She had shared her body with him. Willingly. Naturally. Forging unbreakable bonds between them.

And then, with total acceptance as her platform, she had revealed the truth of his identity.

Clark touched a kiss to the top of her head.
What an ingenious woman he had married. Of course, it also meant he would never win an argument. But somehow, that didn't seem all that important, right now.

"We'll be back in Metropolis tomorrow,"
Isn't that going to be a bit suspicious, traveling back and forth twice within two days?

Looking forward to part 12? Is it time, yet?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwwww! What a sweet chapter. Everything is working toward "happily-ever-after" and all this without a bad memory to clog it up.

I think Superman has more friends that are willing to keep his secret than any other story I have read in fic-dom. Clark is a very lucky man that so many professionals are willing and eager to help him become Superman.

I wonder at a 20-something year old (Lois) having so much wisdom that she gives him pieces of his horrible past while keeping him off balance with a wedding and honeymoon. I think the girl should go to work as a shrink. Most of them don't have the delicate touch we have in this story.

Keep it up, Corrina. I love this one (I know I said that about the last one, and the one before that and the one...).

Pat smile1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm getting anxious that Clark will feel betrayed by lois when he recovers his memories and remembers the torture and abuse. Good job you are giving us plenty of WAFFy lemony goodness to offset the anxiety

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
What a lovely chapter. I always love my favorite couple happy and in love. smile Love our little preview. wink

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I too am glad that Eric is looking for Martha--though it was quite a change from the last scene! I'm surprised Martha hasn't surfaced yet since the asteroid event... I wonder if she's been held somewhere?

I thought the timing was perfect for Lois to explain the whole Kryptonian thing. wink thumbsup

I still wonder though if eventually Clark will remember EVERYthing that happened to him... and I'm still torn on whether he should. confused

But I know you have a plan, so I'll just keep reading! wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura

He seemed to take the news of being Kryptonian in stride.
He would have known there was *some* reason for his powers.

Virginia

I'm glad they are actively searching for Martha. I wonder if she's actively searching for Clark.
Yeah. I guess it depends on where she is.

Patrick

Any hope that Jonathan isn't dead? I don't recall the news of his death being very reliable.
You're right, it wasn't. But Lois's gut accepted it, so ... wink

DW Re the swift move from LnC to Eric and Dan ... I had to give LnC some time 'behind the scenes' wink

Michael

Isn't that going to be a bit suspicious, traveling back and forth twice within two days?
She *is* in the travel business!!

Pat

I wonder at a 20-something year old (Lois) having so much wisdom that she gives him pieces of his horrible past while keeping him off balance with a wedding and honeymoon. I think the girl should go to work as a shrink. Most of them don't have the delicate touch we have in this story.
You raise a really good point. From the story point of view, I didn't want Lois making repeated mistakes (although, as you've said, they could have been realistic) because Clark has already suffered enough and the overriding theme is 'love conquers everything' not 'love stumbles along making mistakes' wink

Lois was trained as an agent - which would have probably included some human psychology. Also, Linda majored in psychology in college. Perhaps Lois learned a lot from her!

And if that isn't convincing, I could always use the fact that they're 'soul mates' wink

Joy Uhmm - not sure how to respond to your comment. Sorry!

Jackie A little bit of sweetness was needed after the long wait for them to actually get together. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

MM
I thought the timing was perfect for Lois to explain the whole Kryptonian thing.
This was Lois's plan when she asked him to take her to Smallville - but I didn't outline it specifically because I didn't want it to be a spoiler.

Thanks everyone for the FDK smile

I'm so close to finishing, but not quite there yet. I'm going to keep the posting schedule at about 3-4 days until I finish, then I should be able to post more frequently.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard