Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79093 05/18/11 05:07 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bobbart - fic is belated but finally here!

And you asked for chocolate in the fic... I hope that sixteen pounds of Double Fudge Crunch Bars is enough chocolate for you.

Oh, wait... You thought it was Lois and Clark who were going to eat the chocolate? laugh

#79094 05/18/11 05:19 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! You posted.

When do I get the next part? wink

Corrina.

#79095 05/18/11 05:59 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You really captured Clark's frustration. It did seem like Lois was doing her own version of Clark's disappearing act, by having her own set of 'distractions.'

Wonder where they are off to next, back to his apartment, off to rescue someone (with a lame excuse), or just a curb-side drop off by Lois?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#79096 05/19/11 12:39 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
First, speculation on the title:
Chocolate Lab = adorable Labrador, ie Clark with puppy dog eyes? smile
Or--someone going to steal Lois' loot of chocolate to create an choc lab where they will explode all of that chocolate, covering Metropolis in a sticky brown goo and like in 'Pheromone' too much of a good thing is a bad thing and--
Or--Moose gobbles up all of the chocolate!
laugh I love it!!

Pot, meet kettle.
smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#79097 05/19/11 02:59 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm with VirginiaR, it's almost like Lois is giving Clark a dose of his own medicine. What a way to end it - with the dog vomiting all over Lois' shoes goofy

Joan

#79098 05/19/11 08:58 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I loved the whole tone of this story--so amusing!

The opening was funny, but also touching. I love it when the impact of Clark's secret on his own life is shown clearly, and you did a fantastic job showing that here.

Poor dog! I'm glad Clark realized the danger fast enough to get them to the vet.

So, now I'm very curious if it's going to take all nine parts of this story for him to find a moment to tell Lois he's Superman. smile

Can't wait for the next part.

#79099 05/19/11 11:50 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I somehow suspect that they will end up joint owners of the injured dog...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#79100 05/19/11 04:47 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I don't know who I feel sorrier for - that poor dog or Clark (who's suffering his own agony since his best laid plans have gone awry and now all he can do is fret about how he's going to word that confession) or Lois' new shoes. :p

This is a very fun start. I can't wait to see where you go with it. clap

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#79101 05/20/11 05:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oy! Poor puppy! poor Clark! poor Lois! The neighbors will not be happy. Wait until she gets the bill! So much for the best laid plans. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#79102 05/20/11 04:04 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Soooo... what was the posting schedule for this? smile1

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#79103 05/21/11 08:10 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved this!

So sorry about Lois' shoes wink

Looking forward to the next part (hopefully soon?)

smile

#79104 05/21/11 08:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, Iolanthe. wave

You're right, that is not exactly how I visualized chocolate being part of the story when I framed the request.

I never knew chocolate was toxic to dogs. I'm afraid that I'm not much of a dog person. My last experience with a dog was complaining to the neighbor last month after his dog started barking incessantly at 5:00 am every day for a week - about 15 feet from my bedroom window - and waking both Bev and I up well before out normal times frown . Cats have their issues, but they don't generally wake up your neighbors.

I'm looking forward to the rest. Are you going to give us a hint at the posting schedule?

Bob

#79105 05/22/11 01:28 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois might not take that all that well. In fact, Clark expected her reaction to be volcanic. Clark had a sinking feeling that her reaction might outdo the genuine volcanic eruption he had encountered last month, where he’d diverted the lava flow while the villagers below had scuttled to safety.
Hmm... maybe Clark is to lava as Lois is to chocolate, so he needs to set up a distracting chocolate barrier for when he tells her?

The hell with dinner, let’s stay here and start kissing again.
Huh, now there's a twist help

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#79106 05/22/11 05:31 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow, thanks for all the feedback!

Posting schedule: irregular due to some RL commitments this week.

And MM could be right, Chocolate Lab might just refer to the dog, instead of some insane scientists chocolate lab where he's working on to either complete exterminate the cocoa palm or create a Kryptonian/chocolate hybrid in an attempt to distract Lois
Hee hee! I realized that the title was ambiguous. I couldn't resist it.

#79107 05/23/11 02:32 PM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
I've been mostly MIA from the boards, but Corrina nudged me to take a looksie at your story, and I'm glad I did!

Hahaha. Ah, Moose ate all Lois's chocolate! Didn't expect that! laugh My 12-pound dog (Mxyzptlk) once ate three-quarters of a bag of miniature Reese's peanut butter cups without getting sick (though it's possible the little imp stashed half of that away--we were still finding random peanut butter cups for weeks afterward). Of course, dark chocolate is way worse for dogs than milk chocolate, so poor Moose is in a lot of trouble!! And Lois's shoes aren't exactly in good condition either haha.

Poor Clark! You know what they say about the best-laid plans....And you know, Lois really did seem like she was creating a lot of distractions--though you can't blame her for Moose's decision to eat her beloved chocolate!!

I love all the humor in this. There are a lot of good lines in here! Looking forward to the next part!

#79108 06/18/11 11:42 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh, I like the start of this. I feel so bad for poor Clark though. Here he was, all ready to get his secret out in the open with Lois when once again, life intervenes. Maybe Jimmy isn't the only one who deserves the nickname "Interruptus."

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard