Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I just HAD to give them their first kiss after the opera. smile1

Hope you liked it! wave

PS Don't panic about the 10 going away! I'm on part 9, and I think there will be about 2 parts more. I should know by this weekend, and I'll let you know how many parts for sure as soon as I know.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The kiss was nice. I sure hope she changes her mind soon about making him her story rather then her partner. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I just love the idea of a first 'date' in Italy at the opera. I must admit I don't know much opera but it sounds so romantic. And I love how the storyline of the opera plays into what's going on with Lois and Clark.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois was definitely swept up into the moment and so was I. Nice kiss. Glad that Clark didn't pull away, that they are in the same spot. goofy

My main question is about this line:

Back in my room, I stare at the two evening dresses I have packed, trying to determine which I should wear tonight.
Why would someone heading to the jungles of the Congo have 2 evening dresses with her? I know Lois brings 3-4 suitcases with her on vacation, but on assignment? confused

Love the relationship vs. story dilema. sloppy Hope she doesn't choose the latter over the former.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved the kiss after the opera!!!!

Another great part and I am glad that Lois put Clark's name on the byline.

Eagerly waiting for the next part smile1

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh that Lex... he can be such a bastard.

Loving this fic soo much! Thank you for Clark explaining the opera - i learned a lot from it, very interesting!

Looking forward to the next part!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Features Writer
Features Writer
Very sweet date--and like so much of what happens in Lois & Clark, it revolved around a story!

I'm very curious to what Clark is thinking about all this. I like how she already knows that he's more attached than she's ready to be. And I'm very glad that she is already beginning to realize that publishing this story would be a huge mistake!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing where this goes! Thanks!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Back in my room, I stare at the two evening dresses I have packed, trying to determine which I should wear tonight.
Virginia does have a point. I wondered the same thing. Maybe she takes clothes for all circumstances? And the short black one could come in handy in case the local Gun Lord is looking for 'company' in the evening.

“Ha!” I scoff. “It’s the men who should be tested for fidelity!”
Tsk tsk Lois. Not in the 18th century. Back then, men were the paragon of virtues and they're venereal decease just a byproduct of getting older.

No one could fool me for a second in a disguise…
Now, there's a thought. Of course, we won't get to test the theory in this fic. mecry

“Yes. I can’t believe she has the audacity to wear it on stage like that. If anyone who knows about the theft is here tonight…”
shock

“That’s her. I told you it wasn’t me who stole the necklace!” Luthor says, pointing at the singer.
I did not see that coming. Is it possible the diva really was just really really played? Doesn't she read the papers. Or watch TV, for that matter? Or did she allow Lex a nocturnal visit after he gave her a 'replica' of the collier?

I look back at the drama unfolding before us, and sure enough, a gold watch is found in her bag by one of the officers. She looks in shock at the police, but she has lost her case.
Oh boy. Was she just some bet Lex had with Dr. No and Blofeld? There must have been easier ways into her bed. Even Lex can't afford to leave a trail of criminally charged one night stands in his wake.

At last, we arrive at my hotel room. It almost feels like a date, still dressed up from the opera and just enough sexual tension from that kiss between us to make me interested in what could happen next, but we still have work to do.
Atta girl. First work. Then play.

Clark suddenly grins happily, and I feel my insides melt with pleasure. “Thanks, Lois,” he says. “ You’re a good friend.”
So, will they play now. Or has the window closed and will he just become a good friend?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Virginia/Michael
Virginia does have a point. I wondered the same thing. Maybe she takes clothes for all circumstances? And the short black one could come in handy in case the local Gun Lord is looking for 'company' in the evening.
blush Um, yeah, about that--let's just say the muse got carried away and forgot that Lois was heading into the jungles of Africa originally... peep

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It figures Lex would blame his opera singer girl friend for the theft. But my question is why? On to the next part.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard