Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This week is getting away from me! :p Been super busy, but wanted to get the next part up! I haven't had time to read the new chapters posted this week on anyone else's story either! frown Will have to wait until the weekend, I'm afraid...

Anyway, hope you like part 3! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love Lois seeing Clark repairing the damage. It's an interesting twist to have her know his secret before she really knows who he is. Looking forward to more.

Joan

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love Lois seeing Clark repairing the damage. It's an interesting twist to have her know his secret before she really knows who he is. Looking forward to more.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ah, so is this Alt. Clark and Alt. Lois? Is this where she disappeared to when she disappeared in the Congo? Rome.

I think it's funny that a couple of Americans enjoy a Japanese dinner in a city and country famous for it's food. Ironic.

“Smallville?” I laugh. “Surely you’re kidding. That is a joke of a name!”
frown I know she's mad at him for supposedly stealing her photo, but that's just mean spirited, Lois (although, not out of character). Once again I feel for the people of Smallville.

I love that his mid-west charm disarms her; she starts to believe him and then...

“Uh—I just remembered I was supposed to meet this friend of mine… But he doesn’t carry a pager. He’s in the area though. I’ll be right back!” He says all of this as he stands up to leave, leaving me speechless.

How could he just up and leave like that? – especially after he finagled me into telling him about the photo in the first place! Weird guy!
Oh, that sounds familiar. Poor Clark. He makes way with her, only to dash off again.

“World famous ice cream? Now you’re talking!” I say with a grin. Excellent ice cream can make up for a lot, in my book.
goofy Typical Lois. It's easier to forgive a man offering ice-cream.

When he appears at the subway station, at first I thought he was following her, going to save her from some unseen bad guy, eek but then he just went to fix his mistake with the metro door. wink

So, now she knows. I don't know how I feel about that. He's just a story to her. Let's hope she gets more access to that charm of his, before this hits the presses.

And if he didn't steal the photo, who did? Is Clark Kent being honest or just elusive?

Following him to Rome? I hope she doesn't have any trouble finding him once she's there. (I guess just watch the TV for unexplained / miraculous rescues).

Can't wait for the next installment.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Blogger
Blogger
N
This is a really nice story. Do you plan on bringing them to the most beautiful cities of the world (Paris, then Rome... what a treat...)??? If you plan on staying in Paris, be careful with your French... It's good but you miss so letters here and there...(RéaUmur for instance...)
Update soon!

Nanou
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Merci, Nanou! I was going by memory--some of those metros have tricky spellings. I fixed it smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love it! She caught him too! I am looking forward to what she does with that information. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
I love your depiction of Clark--the way he's punctual, the way he gets her coat and the door for her, but also the easy manner he has with her, and of course, running out in the middle of dinner! smile

Lois is very quick to spot that he has a secret here, something she didn't spot nearly as quickly on the show, but then, she started out suspecting him, so I guess that's only natural.

And I'm sure that Clark didn't steal the photograph! He told her straight out that he didn't, and he does try his absolute best not to tell direct lies. I don't know who took it, but it definitely wasn't him.

I admit, I was very surprised that she finds out it's him already. And VirginiaR is right--he's just a story right now. I feel sorry for Clark, but I can't wait to find out what happens when he learns she's there in Rome with him.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
your Lois is delightful - she is making me laugh. Nice chapter and I love that you didnt' prolong Lois finding out that it's Clark doing these 'rescues'. Truly am enjoying this story!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I love this story too!

I do think that he took Lois' photos of the hand on the airplane wing. And he really just wants to protect his secret.

So interesting ... looking forward to Lois following Clark to Rome smile1

smile

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm glad you guys are liking it! The more I write it, the more I love it and I hope you will too!

It's been really fun to get inside Lois' head wink

VirginaR
Is this where she disappeared to when she disappeared in the Congo? Rome.

I think it's funny that a couple of Americans enjoy a Japanese dinner in a city and country famous for it's food. Ironic.
Not quite alt-world. Pretty much canon except for Lois' plan to go to the Congo..

And actually, yeah, not eating French food seems odd. But the neighborhood I have Lois staying in actually DOES have a well-know Japanese restaurant quarter... so I thought it made sense.

Anyway, off to post the next part! Ciao! wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So you admit it? You stole it [Lois's pictures and negatives], hoping to scoop my story!” I say, brandishing my chopsticks at him like an accusatory finger.

“What? No, I did no such thing!"
Hmm... it seems as if Clark is denying that he stole the picture to scoop her story.

Maybe he stole it, not to scoop her story, but just to eliminate her evidence. He's being very careful in what he's denying.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I decide to look as devastatingly beautiful as I can pull off, so he can see what he might have had the slightest chance with if he had played his cards right.
She does sound like she means business. Only question is, how much are her own baser instincts at work, too dizzy That's one way to spoil the mood.

Oh, he looks so innocent… The wounded reporter in me wants to hold all the details close to my chest and not tell a soul till I know more. But the woman, and the girl who is desperate for a friend in the world wants to trust him.
Indeed. So, is he innocent or did he misplace the photo. And if he's innocent, just *how* did the photo disappear from within the envelope?

I start to think of escape plans. I could just up and leave – it’s been done before. It’s not normally my MO, but I could do it. I’ve gotten out of tighter jams before, after all…
Now that would truly be an interesting twist for their romance. First he steals the photo and then he pulls a dine and dash on her. Without telling her first evil

Well, that's quite the twist, there!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard