Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
A HUGE thank you to Corrina and Iolanthe for beta-ing this story! You guys are awesome!! hyper

I can't promise an exact posting schedule yet, but I can say I have written up to part 8, and I plan on posting every 2-3 days.

Hope you enjoy! wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
You're off to a good start. Love the way you've captured Lois' voice. Sometimes I forget how brash she was pre-Clark. You've got an intriguing setup. It will be fun to see how you develop this.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! My head is buzzing with questions I know you'll answer in time.

Is this an Alt. dimension Lois? Or a this dimension's? Or another retelling of L&C's meeting? If other dimension are you going to explain where she disappeared to (on her Congo story)?

I'm hooked. Can't wait for your next posting.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hey, I'm excited to see you have a new story up! hyper

I love your opening line here--it so fits Lois Lane.

Your choice of using present tense is interesting, and fits Lois very well. I love her progression of thoughts as she sees the hand and arm. There were several instances where I had to laugh--the one I can think of right off hand is when she bites back a triumphant smile and docilely agrees to the guard's request since she already got what she wanted. It was classic Lois--I could picture her perfectly!

I can't wait to see how Clark responds to either his first sight of her or finding out that he's being stalked--er, I mean investigated. wink

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I also love the premise you have set up here!

And I am also wondering if this is Alt-Lois?

Looking forward to where you are going with this!

smile1

smile

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Really interesting start to this story!

We are riding along the river Seine. It’s still pretty early in the day, but the sunlight is beautiful on the golden horsemen on one of the bridges, calming some of my anxiety from my adventure in the skies. I look to my right, across the river, and see a huge domed building. I ask my driver what it is, and he mumbles something that sounds like ‘invalid’ and 'Napoleon.' I make a mental note to look it up in my guide book later.
I enjoyed this, as well as your other descriptions of the city. I love Paris, and you've set it up as an intriguing backdrop. Looking forward to reading more.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah!!!!!! A new story!

LOVED this 'alternate' beginning! Cannot wait to see how this develops. *sighs dreamily* Man, I just love Lois and Clark. smile1

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks guys! This is sort of canon. The only thing alt about this Lois is she was heading to the Congo wink I'll let you find out about Clark as Lois does laugh

I'll post part 2 by the end of the day. wave

The places Lois sees in Paris:
She mentions Les Invalides --This is where Napoleon was buried:
Les Invalides

It's called Les Invalides (the invalids) because it doubles as a retirement home for veterans.

Lois also mentions the opera house (Opera Garnier). This opera house is the legendary inspiration for the Phantom of the Opera:
Opera Garnier

In the future I'll include the links with the posts. smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry, I'm a bit behind blush

So, from the title it would suggest Lois traipsing around Europe. Teenage/Student Lois studying abroad?

It is almost as if France is punishing me personally for having been stupid enough to fall for one of its countrymen. The French, it seems, have it out for me.
Or not? But is she trying to hunt him down, remove his reproductive organs and send him on his merry way? Or is there another reason for her trip?

I am heading to Africa in a few days, to the Congo to follow up on some leads I scrounged up in Metropolis.
Congo? I do sense a pattern. But it sounds that this time she will meet up with Clark in Europe and never reach the Congo.

The turbulence is getting worse.
So, will she meet Clark sooner than one would think?

I swish up my window cover to look out and see lightning has struck one of our wings, snapping the edge off it!
Oh boy. That must have been one in a billion freak accidents. I do wonder, if it might not actually have been turbulence meet material fatigue. Or maybe somebody left a bit of Semtex on the wingtip. Or a time window snapped open around the wing tip and closed again.

I glance outside my window, trying to make sense of why we seem suddenly to be flying safely and are beginning a near normal descent into Charles de Gaulle airport.
Yep, right on time.

. Just then, we hit the tarmac, and I’m bounced back into my seat, hitting my head on the light panel.
Perfect. Now she's hit her head and that's the perfect excuse for her hallucinations.

I pull out my camera and take a photo, quickly heading back to where I was talking to the guards.
Photographic evidence? Oh boy. But it does offer the possibility of Clark seducing Lois and disappearing said evidence evil

My first order of business is to get this film developed.
I keep worrying about something happening to the film.

Because then, I’ll have the story I’ve been waiting for. The story that will put Lois Lane back on top.
Oh boy. The Congo was yesterday. Now Lois Lane is chasing a man around the whole of Europe cool

Delightful start, MM. Looking forward to the remaining 9? parts!
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When this story first appeared I promised myself to read it. Now I’m finally getting a chance to do just that! Poor Lois, she hasn’t even landed in Paris and already she’s in trouble!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard