Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Clark picked up both of their suitcases, and together they went to the Jeep. The pre-dawn air was chilly. Lois shivered. Clark smiled. Warmth radiated through her.

"Do you need me to navigate?" he asked as he opened the driver's door for her.

She couldn't help recalling the last time they had driven out of Metropolis. It had been dark then, too. Just like now, it had felt like a new beginning. But Clark's shock at having been thrust into the world had seemed like a bleak barrier of separation between them.

Now, the barrier had moved. It was no longer between Clark and the world. Nor between her and Clark. The barrier now was between Clark and his past. "Thanks," she said as they settled into the Jeep. "There's a map in the glove compartment."
Next part will be probably be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Corrina. wave

PS - thanks for the good wishes re my anniversary. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Weeeeee! Lovely part. I love the heat between them. I sure hope you will indulge us with an nfic version of their first time. I was trying to figure out if they had used tongues for a while until you finally mentioned that they didn't. How does one kiss for a long period of time without using them I wonder. I don't think that has been the case with me since I was 13...No not even then. I think once initiated a kiss got deeper fairly quickly. It seems a bit of a tease but maybe things are different down under? Anyway it was very old fashioned in a way, but nice. I think my parents may have kissed that way until the honeymoon, but that was in the 1940's. I suppose different cultures kiss differently. Interesting though.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark. Could. Kiss.

And so far, his tongue hadn't left the confines of his mouth. If it ever ventured forward ...

A loud knock on the door perforated their kiss.
And the Tantalizing Cliffhanging Queen of Evil strikes again! laugh

(just kidding. The chapter is great.)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wowwww that was so gooooddddd.

Can't wait to see Clark get down to the business, lol

Another great part

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was really good! I really love this new Clark wink

Happy to see that it isn't easy for Lois to keep dodging his questions and that she feels a little guilty and apprehensive about telling him about the cell. I do understand her wanting to wait a bit so that there is enough good experiences/memories for Clark to draw from once he knows/remembers.

Eagerly waiting for Tuesday/Wednesday! smile1

And have a great weekend! (Hope the Hawks win!!!)

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
I was reading on another board about the sort of overall mythos of the Lois/Clark/Superman relationship. And one key element that is very strong in your Lois is this:

"So you knew about my *oddities* right from the start?"

"Yeah," Lois said. "And I've never been able to think of them as anything other than a wonderful part of you.
It's through Lois' eyes that the world often firsts meet Superman, and it's her faith in him that helps the world embrace him. I think this is an even more important theme in this universe because Clark had (maybe it won't come back!) a real lack of faith in himself due to his circumstances. So Lois is needed more than ever to support and help him become the Superman he's meant to be -- in whatever context that eventually ends up being for this story.

Well done as always! clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Another great part. Very sweet and oh so romantic. Loving this no-bad-memories, go-for-it Clark. Also love how he's still a gentleman even though he knows she'd have no objections to going further.

Happy Anniversary!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Still enjoying the ride. Slow and steady, romance building. You have more paitence as a writer than I do.

I'm still worried that it's all going to backfire on poor Lois when he finds out about the money and her old job (i.e. guard).

You'd think he'd have more questions about them having slept together, but never having kissed. I can see him getting no sleep just pondering that whole dilema.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Merriwether
Merriwether
If you have to leave us for a week (sure, give your anniversary higher priority than our reading wink ), this is the perfect place to leave us. In fact, this whole chapter was perfect! There wasn't a single thing that even brought out a second of doubt in me. Amazing, fabulous job. smile1

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Clark?"

"Uhhmm?"

Lois felt, rather than heard, his response as it rumbled through his chest. "Are your feet on the ground?"
dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura

It seems a bit of a tease but maybe things are different down under?
I doubt it's a country/culture difference. It's probably just me - my kids aren't even allowed a boy/girlfriend until they are 17!

I've always liked that Clark is a little bit old-fashioned.

Iolanthe

And the Tantalizing Cliffhanging Queen of Evil strikes again!
Until I joined this fandom, I would have thought that was a terrible insult. Now, I know better! Thanks!

Seme Clark getting down to business? Do you mean being Superman? wink

DW

I really love this new Clark
One of the reasons why the cell needed to be so bad (and hence have such a devastating effect on Clark) was so we could all enjoy the contrast with this Clark.

(Hope the Hawks win!!!)
We did! This was the fifth time I have travelled to Adelaide to watch Hawthorn play, and my first ever win the 'City of Churches'.

MM I agree - Clark has the powers, but Lois is needed to turn those powers into Superman. That seems to be true in many versions of this story.

Jackie Re 'no-bad-memories, go-for-it Clark' - great description, and see reply to DW.

VirginiaR Patience - I actually try to move the story forward quickly. Then I find myself staring at the computer screen, feeling totally lost, and realise that I've left a hole in the wall and I need to go back and fill it.

Kathy Re Clark's attempts - having never had amnesia, I was at a bit of a loss as to how his mind would work. What would he wonder about? There's a whole lifetime to explore, so what would he think about first? Which questions would he ask first? In some ways, I thought it might be a bit like starting a huge jigsaw puzzle - different people might start in different places, a block of pieces might come together, but for a while, it's not easy to know where they fit overall - then things slowly start to fall into place as connections are made.

I'm glad that Clark's journey through the unknown (for him) seems realistic.

Michael Seems like you got a few clap

Part 7 is up. Part 8 will either be tonight (if I get a chance to work on TMTY today) or tomorrow morning.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard