Just a little bit of fluff. Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you, Mellie, for your usual great beta.

As always, I don't own any of these characters except for the orignal ones. I'm just borrowing them for awhile.

~~~~~

~~It's An Attitude~~

Clark paced the floor in frustration as he waited for Lois to get home. He was in quite a quandary. He slumped down on the couch just as he heard her coming in and buried his head in his hands.

Lois walked in with a smile on her face and she was singing. Then she saw Clark and knew something was wrong. She ran to his side and sat down. “What’s wrong, honey?” she asked tenderly.

Clark ran his hand through his hair then stood up and started pacing again. He thrust the document he held at Lois. “This!” he pouted.

Lois read the document and looked up at him with a smile. She didn’t understand why he was upset. “Clark this is wonderful! Why are you upset?”

Clark stopped and looked at her warily. “Did you see who it was addressed to?”

She nodded. “Superman. So what?”

Clark stared at her as if she had grown another head. “Well, it’s not like I can say no. But, what?” He threw his hands up in defeat. “I mean it’s not like I can show up in the suit. I wouldn’t want to take anything away from the event, and if I arrived with the red cape flying, that is exactly what would happen.” He sighed heavily.

Chewing her lip in thought, she finally responded, “Well, what if you don’t wear the suit? You look pretty awesome in a tuxedo.”

Clark snorted. “Superman in a tuxedo? Are you kidding? Don’t you think I’d be recognized?”

Lois grinned. “Nah, I don’t think so. Superman is not only the suit. It’s an attitude. The glasses aren’t the only reason people don’t know that Clark Kent and Superman are one and the same.” She paused for a moment so Clark could think about what she said. When she saw that he was considering it, she said, “Go put a tux on.”

Clark came back to the living room in a whirl. “Okay. Now what?”

“Go do a rescue. See what happens.” She was anxious to see what transpired, too.

Clark slightly shook his head as he didn’t believe it would work. There wasn’t a lot happening but he did find a cat up a tree who was squalling loudly to be rescued. A mother, her teenage daughter and a younger daughter were discussing how to get the cat out of the tree when Clark floated down and presented the cat to the little girl.

The mother uttered her thanks and didn’t even seem to notice. The little girl stared up at him. “Wow! I like the change, Superman!”

At that her teenage sister’s head snapped up. Her eyes went wide. “A tuxedo! Wow, I mean, wow! The suit comes off.” She paused. “And, man, do you look sexy in black.”

Superman blushed every so slightly and muttered, “Well, you know, I was just trying it on when I heard the cat.” He started to launch into the air and then turned back. “Thanks.”

He flew home and rehearsed the matter to Lois.

She nodded and smiled. “I think it could work.”

Two months later, no one seemed to take any special notice of him at all as he sat in Westminster Abbey waiting for the wedding to start. It really was all about the bride, after all.

~~Fin~~

Author's note: Thank you, Marcus for the idea. It's not Dr. Who, but hey...
Topic

Feedback

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~