Next Thread
Print Thread
#78610 04/24/11 01:34 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Nice Part. I need to go back and re-read the most recent bits. I don't recall if we know who is leaving money for Tony. Tony makes a nice addition.

Looking forward to more parts.

Framework4
#78611 04/24/11 05:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Another part!

Why would Lex (I'm assuming it's Lex, as who else would be connected to the bug at the Daily Planet and also have $20,000 to drop around) be cultivating Tony? Or are they trying to frame him for theft or counterfeiting or something like that?

Good thing that Perry knows about the bug.

I loved that Jimmy made a portable letter steamer for Lois! Well-written - it's very in-character for both of them. Lois would need it, and Jimmy would come up with a gadget.

#78612 04/24/11 09:29 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is a story of all the possibilities of what could happen if Lois was in on all the secrets from the get-go. Her knowing about him being Superman will help them with kryptonite. Both of them knowing that Luthor is not on the level will help keep the sanity levels high. So many possibilities when you are not trying to keep Lois out of the loop and trying to make Superman work against Clark most of the time.

Enjoying this story, Nan. THX
Pat

#78613 04/25/11 10:09 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Nan!
Glad RL showing signs of normalcy again smile

You certainly know your supporting characters. Loved the entire Jimmy/Tony/Perry bits. I do wonder, did Lex get the intel on Tony via sigint or humint. After all, just placing a bug and managing to snag a new hire like this is quite lucky for Lex. On the other hand, if he already has a source in HR, he might be more easily able to snag a new hire.

Small nitpick, based on a gut feeling and a little bit of digging in google. The battery-powered steamer. I'm not sure it's feasible. You'd need at least two D-cells to heat one gram of water in one minute. It's certainly possible I got my numbers wrong, but if I trust my gut... huh On the other hand, shouldn't there be a power outlet in every office?

Glad they picked up on the danger to Rachel et al. Can't wait to find out just how much angst you've got in store for us peep

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#78614 04/25/11 03:12 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Lol, Michael,

But this is a universe in which a man can fly, and the antidote for cataracts produced by exposure to ultra-violet light is infra-red! You can't tell me the battery-powered steamer is any less likely, and besides, you don't know what Jimmy put inside his infernal device that might heat up in response to the battery power <g>.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#78615 04/25/11 03:34 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Believe it or not, my favorite part was when Martha chivvied the boys off to bed so that Santa could deliver the gifts and Jack's pained look. It is so sweet that she's trying to give them a child's magical Christmas and methinks that Jack is probably enjoying it a lot more than he's letting on.

Like the other readers, I really like Tony. I have from his first fare with Lois, when he "followed that car" and then dropped her off at the Bessolo Blvd building. The mystery of the package and the money is very intriguing. I can't wait to see where you go with that and how it ties in with everything else (as I'm sure it does). I'm so glad Tony is working with Perry and Jimmy.

Sigh.

Clark's without his powers and Rachel is in some kind of trouble. And since this is Lois, even on Christmas Day she can figure out a way to dangle over the jaws of death. Maybe they could both just stay home and snuggle up by the fire. They are engaged, after all - even if they can't afford to act like it in public.

Might we hope for at least a Christmas kiss?

More soon,
B

#78616 04/27/11 05:52 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I'm glad to see not everyone has forgotten the story <g> Thanks for the fdk, everybody.

I'm still dealing with this stupid legal tangle with my brother's conservatorship, but hopefully I'll be able to get the time to write over the next month.

Nan

#78617 05/04/11 11:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, a new part! I haven't been checking here very often lately, but I did a search on the Smallville TOC and was delighted to find a new part!

I was thinking that somebody was trying to pre-emptively bribe Tony, but on second thoughts, I agree with Iolanthe - it's more in character for Lex to set the guy up to be blackmailed. Good thing Tony took this straight to Perry. Does Lex know that Lois knows/likes Tony? He might not just be spying on the Planet.

Poor Clark, bleeding all over the floor... smile Lois will take care of him. Plus, even without the superpowers, he's not entirely helpless. Should be fun.

Looking forward to the rest of this, whenever you can manage it...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#78618 05/05/11 02:05 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, I'm interested in reading this story, but can't find the Smallville TOC or part one. Do you have a link to either?

Thank you.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#78619 05/05/11 02:50 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
It's on the third page back, but for your convenience, I'll post it. smile

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001461

Nan

#78620 05/06/11 12:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ok. I'm caught up now... wow, lots going on.

I love how Lois put Lana in her place. Go Lois! thumbsup There are two kinds of pushy people in the world: the Lana's and the Lois's, one pushes other people around and the other stands up for themselves. Great demonstrating the differences between the two.

Interesting Christmas Eve Fest in Smallville. Pig wrestling. Oh, that's a riot.

Wayne Irwig. I love when simple farmers are anything, but. Thanks for giving him a brain to figure out what's going on around him.

Wondering what's going on with all the bugs and the money. Someone thinks Lois, Clark, Jimmy, Perry, Tony and Henderson know something they shouldn't. Can't wait to see where this goes next.

I like how you've taken plotlines from the show, yet made it entirely new. Makes me want to read about Charlie and Nightfall.

I'm fairly new to the MB and still am learning about navigating the site. Can I find the Nightfall storyline here somewhere or should I check out the Archive?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#78621 05/06/11 02:07 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Can I find the Nightfall storyline here somewhere or should I check out the Archive?
Go here, bottom right hand corner has links to the story, the sequels and the trailer.

Framework4
#78622 05/06/11 09:20 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
The trailer isn't there any longer. You'll have to ask Pam Jernigan about it. Maybe she could post it somewhere else so people can access it.

Nan

#78623 05/09/11 05:32 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nan - Technically, I know your Nightfall story is a prequal to Smallville, but WHOA! just finished it and was wonderful. You really captured the characters.

Was a little surprised that no one recognized Charlie as Clark, but I guess the lack of glasses and stubble and hot pink watermellon shirt helped. I loved his discovery of his special abilities and wonder what he would have done if he'd discovered his x-ray vision.

Keep up the great work. Can't wait for next installment of Smallville.

VirginiaR.
---
#78624 05/09/11 05:36 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
woohoo! a new part is up

more soon please? grovel

Janine

I Do Whatever My Rice Krispies Tell Me To
#78625 09/27/11 12:08 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Was wondering how the next part of Smallville was coming along? smile

#78626 09/27/11 05:11 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Believe it or not, I've been working on it. I do, however, want to get a bit of a buffer before I start posting again.

Nan

#78627 09/27/11 06:46 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome! Thank you! I will go and re-read the whole thing in preparation, that way I'll have it all fresh in my mind when Part 11 hits the boards. smile1

Elizabeth

#78628 09/28/11 05:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Believe it or not, I've been working on it.
Yay! That's good news!

Eagerly awaiting more.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard