Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lois reached for the door handle at the same moment as Clark. She was marginally quicker, and his hand encased hers.

He lifted it away and gave her another smile.

Lois fumbled as she opened the door, her dexterity compromised by the pulsing quivers shooting up her arm in wild reaction to his touch.

She gathered her wits and faced Daniel and Menzies as they approached her, their expressions loaded with questions.

"Is everything all right?" Menzies asked.

"Clark and I would like to leave now."
Thanks!

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a beginning !!
I am glad Lois didn't have to wait too long to know Clark is -almost- all right. He may have lost his memory but like Lois said he is still Clark. He seems to feel good with her.
It could be a good thing for their relationship because Clark didn't dare to touch Lois too close because of his past, but now, he doesn't remember anything, no cell, no Moyne to dark his life. He could feel free to be an ordinary man !

Thank you for posting so quickly after Trail !
Two days to wait before the next part.

Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Come on! Amnesia?!?! Haven't they suffered enough?

So, now that I've let that out of my system, I must say this was, again, a great part. But is it ok to hope that Clark gets his memory back fast? Though Annalina does have a point:

Originally posted by Annalina19:

It could be a good thing for their relationship because Clark didn't dare to touch Lois too close because of his past, but now, he doesn't remember anything, no cell, no Moyne to dark his life. He could feel free to be an ordinary man !
Let the new road trip begin!

Cris
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay!! We've started the next book! So glad there wasn't much of a lag between the end of Trail and the start of Highway. smile

Honour is captivating, she thought. And his name is Clark.
So beautiful!!

I'm glad Clark wasn't lost somewhere for too long-- and interesting twist to use the sort of premise from the ARGH in that Lois should allow Clark's memories to come back to him on their own -- at least there is no female Deter equivalent lurking around to take advantage of him! This also sets us up for some intriguing possibilities. Well done, Corrina!! Can't wait to see where you take this!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
awesome beginning! good for her for getting them out of there as soon as possible

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh hurray! I checked this am thinking 'there's no way the next part would be up yet' and yet.... you, in all your awesomeness, had it posted!!!! hyper

Loved that he came back so quickly and Lois didn't have to wonder long! I'm so glad that Scardino and Menzies are allowing Lois to call the shots and now they can see that even without his memory, Clark is not the threat they treated him as earlier in the story.

Can't wait to read what happens next!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Awesome beginning to Highway! smile1 smile1 smile1

laugh

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, this was a bit of a twist on canon ... but a welcome one that fits nicely into this universe. smile1

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was thrilled to see this up today. Awesome start to this next adventure! I am so glad Lois is taking him home. I can't help but wander into the potential of Lois alone with Clark for a long time, and the thought that he doesn't remember how bad he feels about making love. It opens up the whole playing feel. He is free to feel and wonder about such things without the guilt and shame put on him by his imprisonment. Yippie! Maybe he'll even be daringly frisky? Hmmm wouldn't that be nice! I am looking forward to the rest. Thanks for posting so quickly. (imagining front happenings)Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Oh yeah. Some "front happenings".

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I posted this 12 step program for us addicts, in the TMTY support folder but I think we need to start one for Highway.

Step one: Avoid the computer! It is too risky to tempt fate.

Step two: Once you have failed step one, go directly to e mail, do not pass go, do not go to the fanfic link.

Step Three: Once you have failed step two and peeked into the fanfic folder, do NOT open Corrina's story.

Step four: So you peeked and now you are having withdrawal because Corrina didn't post yet. LEAVE THE COMPUTER! Do not continually check the fanfic folder.

Step Five: Stop banging your head on the desk and move to step 6.

Step six: Have a meal, hug your son, stay away from the computer!

Step seven: Do not ignore the needs of your family or your job to read Corrina's story just because she finally posted.

Step eight. Once the elation of reading Corrina's story has past and need and want sets in, do not fill your face with food to fill the gap until she posts again.

Step nine: Stop biting your nails or any other disgusting habit you may have picked up since reading TMTY. Try not to concentrate on HIGHWAY

Step ten: Stop chanting and meditating the phrase:
"Corrina will post the next chapter" Corrina will post the next chapter"

Step eleven: Continue not to keep looking in the fanfic folder for HIGHWAY.

Step tweleve: Rinse and repeat all 12 steps...

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It had been after midnight when Daniel Scardino had suggested that Lois stay the night in his spare room.
Now, there's an idea. Clark could be dead and Lois might end up with Daniel. Or, as an even more evil twist, Clark could be lost for years until he regains his memory again, comes back home, tracks down Lois and find out she's living sort of happily married with Daniel and two and a half kids. hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Catching up on reading and posting feedback. I was very much looking forward to the first posting from Highway, and this certainly did not disappoint.

I wasn't sure if you would include the amnesia or not, but I have learned to trust you, so I knew whatever you did would be just perfect. And it was.

I think my favorite part of this might have been Lois waiting to hear news from Clark. This was so poignant:

The night crawled on - hour after desolate hour - and Lois continued her vigil at the window. She took Clark's watch from her bag and held it against her cheek, listening as it marked the passing of time and wishing it was Clark's heartbeat.

She took out his wallet and brought it to her nose. It still smelled of new leather - she couldn't detect a trace of Clark. She opened it and found the folded piece of paper on which he had written his poem.

She read it slowly - a tear-hampered journey that elicited the entire spectrum of emotions. Upon reaching the final line, she stopped for a moment and sucked in a shuddery breath.
I absolutely adore this story. I'm already getting a bit sad just thinking that we are on our last leg of this 4-part journey. I don't want it to end!

Off to comment on Part 2.

ETA: Oh, I had to come back and comment on something else. After it became apparent Clark *did* have amnesia, I expected a scene of Clark alone in a room, similar to what we saw on the show. What I *didn't* expect was this:

He sat unmoving on the concrete, one leg arched, one straight, his wrist resting on his knee.
Talk about deja vu. No wonder Lois reacted the way she did.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry for the delay in FDK-FDK.

Hannah Clark's non-aversion to physical contact with Lois was one of the first clues that things have changed!

Cristina

Come on! Amnesia?!?! Haven't they suffered enough?
Yes. laugh

MozartMaid I'm glad the possibilites seem intriguing. I'm really uncertain about how readers will respond to the way I've chosen to take this. I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Joy Lois doesn't trust easily, but her gut is mostly calm.

Bellarase

Loved that he came back so quickly
Highway is about Lois and Clark being together - so I didn't want a long time apart.

DW I hope that when you've read more, you understand the reason for the amnesia.

Kathy

I know this can be interpreted as him just be relieved to have someone to fill in the gaps, but I think there is more than that going on inside.
Well picked up!

Laura So true!

And I loved your '12 Steps'.

SJH Ah ... how do I respond to *that*? Maybe I could say that by the end of Highway, Clark will no longer be a v...very patient man cool

Michael You have a talent for tangents, Michael!

I'm glad you liked Longford's little cameo!

Indeed. Say, is it in any way possible you set this whole shindig up just for this line?
No. blush

Vicki Thanks for the ETA - in a way, Clark (before Lois came) was just as alone and lost as he'd been in the cell. I assumed body language and gestures could survive amnesia!

Thanks everyone for your FDK. smile

It seems I'm behind on everything right now - betaing, writing, posting parts, repsonding to FDK, etc. I have 2000 words of the next part written. Hopefully H4 will be posted today.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard