Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lois felt each individual muscle flutter as he passed over them. He gently - almost reverently - explored every inch of her neck, edging into her hair and slipping down towards her throat. When he moved to her shoulders, his pressure deepened, and his thumbs rounded the top of her spine, delving into the ridges, seeking and finding all the hidden modules of tension and releasing them. His fingertips swept along the ridges of her collarbones, dipping into the valleys with sweet caresses.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I absolutely love this part. As a church-goer myself, I found your simple descriptions spot-on and even beautiful, and I love how the people accepted Lois and Clark into their midst so easily and openly.

The walk along the river was poignant in its simplicity, its every-day kind of commonality with that underlying beauty that proves this is Lois and Clark taking the walk. I'm glad they've decided to take some time; it's not that I don't want them to find his mom, but that would be yet another adjustment after everything else they're going through.

I really enjoyed hearing about Lois's novel--it describes the show's story so well. I had to laugh at the page one, line one and page one, line two conversation. Of course Clark feels for the guy--it's him. smile

I'm looking forward to seeing how their relationship progresses as their trust grows. Both have been deeply hurt, and I love that you're addressing that it's going to take time to absorb that. However, I'm fully confident that they will be perfect together--they already are, actually. Anything from now isn't a beginning of a relationship; it's just the next stage.

Thanks so much for sharing. I love this story!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I liked the whole chapter but it seemed way too short for my liking! You are turning out to be quite a tease. I think it is cruel to leave us wondering where this will go from here on a cliff hanger like that. wildguy So hurry back and finish this torture! Or else I will tickle you! (tickle tickle tickle) There take that! So can you post a little sooner? Please, pretty please? Great job, more soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved your description of Jonathan and Martha and their love for each other. That so explains who Clark's character *is* and i'm glad you included it

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awwwwwwww! Great stuff! thumbsup I was glad when Lois realized she had pushed Clark too hard, gone too fast; it didn't make sense to me that he could alter his feelings that quickly. And her insight is awesome; and Clark's insight seems to be growing by leaps and bounds, or was it always there but he just wasn't expressing it much before? They have made so much progress, but we do have trouble remembering how little time they really have known each other. Has it even been 2 weeks yet?

They are totally right in that they need more time to adjust to everything!

As usual, can't wait for more. dance

EvelynC
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful as always. Nice to see Lois and Clark interacting as a couple with the people in Smallville.

Good that he is looking out for Lois prior to finding his mom. Martha would surely approve.

Only five parts left. Somehow I don't see you creating Superman except as a cliffhanger ending to the tale either with a nod to we all know what is to come or a hook for the sequel.

I'd kinda like to see L&C find the suit somewhere on the farm and decide to use it when the threat of the Nightfall asteroid is made public.

Indeed the cliffhanger ending could be Superman, introduced to the world by Dan Scardino, lifting off to deal with the asteroid while the people of Smallville, clearly recognizing Clark is Superman, rally around Lois to wait.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a fantastic chapter! I love how Clark knows what is 'best' for Lois and is being so supportive.

Can't wait for the next part (as always!)

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm not really sure if you're trying to drive them or us crazy! But it's still so nice to see them move forward and being out together, admiting to the world that they are together is definitely progress. But you can't blame us for wanting Clark to get over it all and just kiss Lois! laugh Plus, it's just not fair to torture Lois:

She would give him the time he needed.

She would.

But she didn't know how she was going to do it without dissolving into a puddle of arrant need.
I don't know either. Are you sure she is spleeping soundly? With Clark lying beside her? dizzy

More soon... please? blush

Cris
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
AntiK I'm glad you liked the plot of the novel. smile Having readers with shared background knowledge makes it possible to add an occasional inside joke.

You're right - they aren't at the beginning anymore. They have made a lot of progress already - although there is still a lot to do.

Laura I know the progress seems slow wink I could have made Clark's imprisonment much less traumatic, and then things could realistically happen more quickly and easily. However, all I can hope is that when we get to the end, you will think that all the twists and turns and roadblocks were worthwhile.

(My reply sounds like I thought you were criticising. I know you weren't - even though your comments came with a threat of tickling!)

RE - posting schedule. If I leave you on a cliffy, (and that wasn't *really* a cliffy) I do try to shorten the wait between parts. However, to do that, the other breaks need to be about 3 days. Once I have Highway finished, perhaps I'll try for an EOD schedule.

Joy Good point. Martha and Jonathan are vital to this story - without their love and guidance, Clark probably couldn't have survived the cell as well as he did.

Evelyn They escaped from the cell on Friday - it is now Sunday, nine days later.

In some ways, these chapters are all about time - slowing down the rollercoaster ride to give them (and us) a chance to draw breath.

Patrick Finding the suit on the farm? Uhmm. Interesting.

Bellarase Clark trying to do what's best for Lois is an essential part of LnC for me.

Cristina

Plus, it's just not fair to torture Lois:
Could this be considered a little counter-balancing for all the months canon-Clark had to wait and wait and wait for Lois?

I'm sure this isn't a spoiler ... Lois ends up with Clark. party A little waiting won't hurt her too much.

I'm not really sure if you're trying to drive them or us crazy!
Neither? LOL.

Lois has just had an encounter with Moyne - the sort of man who can contaminate the most beautiful of things. What if Clark kisses her before she's ready? What if she has an instinctive negative reaction?

Clark is naturally cautious. Because of his lack of experience, he can't even guess her most likely reaction.

When the time is right, he will kiss her.

But meanwhile - sorry about the delay!!

Thanks everyone for your feedback,

Corrina.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I also loved this part and the part about the novel and page one, line one, page one, line two was awesome! (and the inside joke was rotflol ).

I also liked their going to church, with the people there so accepting and not bombarding them with questions - that certainly makes it easier for Clark to go out into public again next time.

The turnabout of her asking a question and him choosing the activity sounds very fair wink

And your right, Clark is naturally very cautious and he isn't going to kiss Lois without knowing her reaction and being absolutely sure that is what she wants. I think this Clark is just a tad bit more cautious that canon Clark given his imprisonment and lack of "worldly" experience.

Looking forward to the next part (as always)!!!

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
And yet another wonderful chapter!

Nice seeing them as a couple, and going to church together. thumbsup

I had been wondering which of Lois's two options he was going to choose, but this chapter seems to indicate he balked on both of them. On the other hand, the preview implies that maybe (hopefully?) he was convinced to choose option 2? Or maybe a fully clothed neck massage was all he felt comfortable with? I'm VERY intrigued now to see what happens in the next chapter. (Tonight? Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?)

I loved this whole chapter, and I could quote so many different things. But, I think I'll end by quoting the following. This just brought a lump to my throat:

Lois smiled at the memory. "Could you hear my heart thumping?"

"No," Clark said. "All I could hear was my heart thumping."

"*You* were nervous, too?"

"Intensely."

"But you must have known I couldn't hurt you. I didn't have a rod with me."

"I wasn't nervous about you hurting me. I was nervous about doing something that might scare you away."
Awwww.. mecry

Loving this story....

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm sure this isn't a spoiler ... Lois ends up with Clark.
razz Now all is ruined. grumble

evil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
DW Your comments about Lois's novel and cautious Clark made me wonder if her hero is less cautious ... uhmm. wink

Vicki I glad you highlighted that quote. It was just a little reminder of how things were.

Michael

/can't help but sense a bit of autobiography in there/
Write what you know ... isn't that what they say? wink

Thanks for the FDK,

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm playing catch up! Loved this part! So sweet to see them going to church together. And love that Lois is writing a novel -- 'write what you know', indeed! ;)Very clever, Corrina! I promise to catch up to the rest of the parts posted sometime this weekend!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard