Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
"Clark?"

At the door, he turned. "Yeah?"

"It's the weekend. Our first weekend in Smallville. Is there anything special you used to do with your folks? Anything you'd like us to do?"

"We used to go to church on Sunday mornings," he said evenly.

"Would you like to do that?"

"Would you?"

"I don't know," Lois said. "My family didn't go to church much. Christmas, sometimes - if my parents hadn't already had a fight by then." She subdued those memories. "But if you want to go, I'll come with you."

"The service starts at ten-thirty," Clark said.

"Would you like to take me to church?" she offered.

"Yes," he said. "I would like that."
Thanks!

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice. I liked the arm rub. It was good to see Sam recovering. Hmmm I think he'll pick number two if he is brave. Very sweet. I feel a kiss coming soon. I hope! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
what a lovely chapter. I loved seeing Lois' dad being able to communicate and the tender moments with Lois and Clark. As always, can't wait to read the next part!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Merriwether
Merriwether
Catching up on parts 22 and 23 today. Ohhh, was I right about the swooning. I am loving the slow, sweet seduction. Not just the physical part, though that is being done beautifully, but the emotional one, as well. Just a joy to read.

Lois is really quite brilliant in her planning. She's using his tendency to obsess (and I, like everyone else, absolutely loved the "Stop obsessing" from part 22 laugh ) to do some good. With all the negative touches he's had over the last seven years, there is no way they'd be able to have anything close to a normal relationship if she were to push him into physical intimacy right away; he'd balk and feel overwhelmed, and what should be something beautiful for them to share would have a negative association for him. So Lois is not only taking it slowly, but she's also giving him just enough information about what comes next to get him used to thinking about it. That allows him to get over any initial negative reaction and start looking forward to their intimacy. It gives him something positive to obsess about!

As I said, pure brilliance. smile1

Aside from that, I love all the progress that Sam made while Lois was gone and that he wants to meet Clark. And, of course, the I love you scene that immediately followed. Just fabulous. drool drool drool

Ready and waiting for more! jump

Kathy

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I also love that Sam is recovering and that Lois visited him and that he asked to meet Clark smile1

The whole arm rub scene and Lois touching his bicep was brilliant in itself and for the genius reasoning of (yourself) and Kathy to have Clark obsess about something positive. /too bad there isn't a genius graemlin- about 13 of them would have been perfect here/

"Tomorrow night, you get a choice," Lois said.

"OK," he said as his curiosity soared.

"You can either take off your shirt and let me massage your chest and shoulders."

"Or?" he gasped.

"Or I'll take off my pyjama top, lie face down on the bed, and you can massage my back."
OMG!!!! Clark is so not gonna get any sleep, obsessing about which choice to make clap Though I don't know how he's going to survive her taking of her top and giving her a massage should that be his choice laugh

Also ready and waiting for more jump

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, this was a great part, Corrina. Sam's progress is good to see, certainly made more powerful by her absence and the difference between then and now.

"You can either take off your shirt and let me massage your chest and shoulders."

"Or?" he gasped.

"Or I'll take off my pyjama top, lie face down on the bed, and you can massage my back."
wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura

I feel a kiss coming soon.
Clark *will* kiss Lois. He will.

Bellarase Sam has been out of the story for a few chapters. It was time to see how he was doing. smile

Kathy I'm glad it seems reasonable that Clark would feel hesitant about a physical relationship.

what should be something beautiful for them to share would have a negative association for him.
Exactly.

DW Lois has really only had her instincts to rely on right from the start. How do you try to help a man who has been cruelly imprisoned for seven years? However, he's Clark and she's Lois, so it's only right that she (mostly) makes the right calls.

Michael

I. Did. Not. Expect. This. Nope. never.
dance It's nice to throw in a surprise occasionally.

Thanks, everyone. smile

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Another beautiful chapter. thumbsup

I loved the visit to Lois's dad. Canon Lois & Clark often used a swooping motion as code for Superman. Here, it means the until-now nameless co-worker who flies paper airplanes. Although Superman swoops sky-ward and the paper airplane swoop is a diving plane. Is there a significance in that?

Also loved the entire conversation after the visit, from "Did you tell him my name?" through "Home? - Home."

As I said, altogether a lovely chapter. Thanks!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hi Vicki wave

The swooping motion connection was not deliberate, although one of my BRs pointed it out, and IIRC, I then did a small adjustment to strengthen the association!

Thanks for all of your FDK, smile

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard