Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
With a parting smile, Lois left Ronny and walked quickly to her dad's room as the anticipation welled inside her. She went through his door and saw him, dressed and sitting straight in his wheelchair. His paralysed hand lay in the trough connected to the arm of his wheelchair; his good hand rested near a book that was perched on some sort of stand.

He was reading.

Her dad was reading! Such a normal activity. Something he had enjoyed in his pre-stroke life. Something she had thought could have been gone forever.

"Dad," she said.

He looked up, and his face creased into a lop-sided approximation of a smile that shook loose her wad of tears.

Lois rushed forward to the chair and enclosed him in her arms. "Dad," she breathed, swallowing down her tears. "Dad."
Thanks!

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
<happy, contented sigh>

What a great part. I loved Lois's plan to win back some of what was taken from Clark. Now I'm in desperate want of a back rub! I chuckled at Clark obsessing over what she was going to do next, but I must confess, after back rub my mind went straight to the gutter. laugh Can't wait to see what you have in store for us. And Yay! for title appearing in the last exchange.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another great part. Loved it.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh very nice! Loved the back rub and Clark's nervous anticipation of what will be next. I can't wait for more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, and this was just an absolute gem:

"Clark?"

He jolted at the sudden sound of her voice as it carved through his thoughts. "Yes, Lois?"

"Stop obsessing."
Can't help but chuckle a little at her astute awareness and his startled reply. :p Looking forward to more!

Peace!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Absolutely beautiful part. I hadn't thought before of his aversion to being undressed, but it makes perfect sense. Every time I think I'm getting accustomed to this story, you throw something else in that brings back all my horror and sympathy for what Clark has endured. I'm with Lois in saying that he's truly amazing.

As is she. I like seeing her regaining her footing. It was a bit scary to see her so at a loss. I love how they confront their problems head-on.

And, I think I forgot to mention it the last time, but I also loved how she has seen the possibilities for him to be a hero. They have a long way to go, but trusting each other is a great start!

Thanks for sharing!

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This part really was beautiful and sweet!

I loved the back rub too! And Clark's nervous anticipation of not knowing what to expect the next night and whether it was a two-night or every-night-for-two-weeks package. clap

My favourite part was also:

He jolted at the sudden sound of her voice as it carved through his thoughts. "Yes, Lois?"

"Stop obsessing."

"I ... I thought you were asleep."

"I was. Almost. But I can hear the turmoil chewing up your brain cells. Relax."
clap smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part! I definitely laughed aloud at the 'Stop obsessing' line -- so typically Clark! And nice tie-in of the title at the end of the part. They both need to heal for different reasons, and both need to trust each other to help them heal. clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Wearing ... " He gulped so loudly that Lois winced. "... being allowed to wear clothes ..." His eyes lurched to hers, pleading for her understanding.
Oh dear. What an unexpected bump clap Clark didn't even flinch at the prospect of Lois wanting to go to Metropolis.

The remainder of the day had gone well. They had worked together to clear out most of her possessions from her apartment. They'd left the bed there; they didn't need it at the farmhouse - not until Martha Kent returned home - and it would be useful if they did decide to spend a night in Metropolis.
Huh? They already have two beds confused

But it was a plan that came with a whole raft of risks - risks that even someone as impulsive as Lois Lane couldn't fail to recognise.

What if Clark didn't respond in the way she hoped?

What if she was besieged by memories of Moyne? Or Ivica? She couldn't begin if there was any chance that she wouldn't be able to continue.
This suspiciously sounds like something fit for a wedding night. But it's too early, isn't it. They haven't even kissed clap Well, duh! Big surprise there.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What can I say, yet another great part to take us a little further along the trail. As others have said, these lines...
"Clark?"

"Stop obsessing."
...were just delightful. Got a chuckle out of me for sure. rotflol

Looking forward to the next part as usual! wink

Cheers
Elizabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
Clothes made him feel safe. Camouflaged. Normal.

Being out in public ... where people could look at him ... stare at him ... where he felt like an oddity. The clothing gave him the illusion of being able to blend in.
This gives the donning of the Superman suit, when it happens, much more significance.

I loved this whole chapter. notworthy Looking forward to more. (Today, maybe? grovel )

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Emily

<happy, contented sigh>
smile

my mind went straight to the gutter.
laugh

Seme I'm so glad you're still enjoying the fic.

Laura Uhmm. If you were Lois, what would you do next? (Perhaps you shouldn't answer that wink )

Jen I wrote the part without that scene, but when I started 23, I realised that something was missing.

AntiK

And, I think I forgot to mention it the last time, but I also loved how she has seen the possibilities for him to be a hero.
It's canon that Clark couldn't really be Superman without Lois. That goes double for this fic.

DW Poor Clark. laugh

MozartMaid True about the trust needing to be a part of the healing.

Michael

Huh? They already have two beds
Yes, but one of them is a single bed (in Clark's room). When/if Martha comes home, she would probably want her own room and her own bed.

Although the single bed could be fun ...

And I would like to quote one other line of your FDK, Michael, except I can't - because, well, just because ...

Elizabeth Yep - along the trail, step by step. smile

Vicki Next part - today (your time) is a possibility. I'm taking a break right now, having just finished writing Highway 2. I'm going to attempt to make a start on 3, but if Goo doesn't cooperate, I'll go back to Trail 23 and start getting it ready to post.

Thanks everyone for the lovely FDK. FoLCs are great to write for!

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm going to attempt to make a start on 3, but if Goo doesn't cooperate, I'll go back to Trail 23 and start getting it ready to post.
Huh, isn't that sending the wrong message to Goo? Rewarding him with shiny, new FDK for not coopera-

*ouch! ouch! ouch!*

/gets whacked over head and driven out of thread by angry mob/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard