Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lois stood from the bed and crossed to the door. She shut it.

And they were alone. In a closed-off room.

She walked back to the bed and settled on the edge. "I want you to trust me," she said. "I want you to know that you're safe with me."

"Lois, I -"

"I won't ask you to do anything that is too difficult," she said. "We will take this slowly."

Clark desperately tried to moisten his parched mouth. "What ... what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to take off your shirt."

"Lois, I -"

"That's all I'm going to ask. Just that you take off your shirt. Nothing else. And I want you to lie on the bed, face down."

Clark paused.

"It's only us here," Lois said softly. "Just you and me. We are safe with each other. We can trust each other. I won't do anything to hurt you."

"I ... I know that ... but ..."

Lois smiled. "Just take off your shirt, Clark," she said. "That's all you have to do."

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to claim back some of the things Moyne and Trask stole from you."
Thanks!

Corrina.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I have been busy so haven't taken time to tell you how delightful your tale is, well done.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
love this part...love it love it love it

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have also been too busy of late to leave feedback; although you gotta admit it's strange how I still manage to find the time to read the story! LOL

However, I can tell you that the story just gets better and better, and it's nice to see things slowly falling into place for Lois and Clark including some healing for both of them from their past traumatic experiences.

Looking forward to seeing the hunt for Martha take shape and wondering if the computer is in some way going to help there, not to mention the thought that it will may also be the start of a path into journalism.

Your writing captivates me, Corrina, and although it's so wonderful to see the story progress I am at the same time dreading the end; we have had TMTY a part of our lives for a long time now and the journey you are taking us on is indeed a pleasurable ride.

Looking forward to the next part already! LOL

Cheers from across the ditch.
Elizabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I liked this part a lot! It is still sow going but they are moving in the right direction. I love the preview of the next chapter. MMM mmm. Can't wait. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Mmmmmmmmmmmm!! smile1 Amazing progress for them! So wonderful to see Lois come out of that hole she had fallen into because of Moyne and also of course because of what happened with Linda. Lois' new insight after coming out of her withdrawal is just fantastic-- she already sees the possibility for Clark to be a hero. dance

As usual can't wait for more! Hey, if he goes public as a hero, then Martha could be the one to find him maybe. love

EvelynC
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great part! I'm sure I've said it before, but I love the openness of their relationship. I had to smile when Clark managed to stammer out the question about holding hands.

Curious to see whether they really are going to stay in Smallville permanently or move to Metropolis.

Have to say, I'm not too sure about the whole 'Scardino's a good guy' thing. smile Definitely an alternate universe!

Thanks!

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Awesome part! I also loved Clark stammering his "request" to hold hands - that was so sweet and awww!

I also like the openness of their relationship and that they managed to have a good, serious discussion, answering some questions the other person must have thought about.

I am all curious about the preview you posted and cannot wait for part 22 laugh

Merriwether
Merriwether
He stopped walking and turned to face her. "I don't mind where it ends," he said. "All I want is that when we get there, I'm still with you."
It's fitting that the bulk of this chapter took place on a sunny beach, because it's a nice analogy for the progress they've made. Leaving the rain behind, moving into the sun, walking in the soft sand, hand in hand ... the perfect place to have the conversation they had. I love that they finally got the details of what Moyne did (and more importantly, what he didn't do) out in the open, and that both Lois and Clark are able to start talking about the future and their feelings.

I'm not surprised that Clark wants to stay on the farm. Canon-Clark was able to use it as his sanctuary when his life was very scary (as his powers developed, etc.) ... and that secure upbringing was exactly what gave him the confidence to travel the world and move away from home. TMTY-Clark, on the other hand, had that security torn away, and it makes perfect sense that he'd feel most comfortable on the farm, away from a lot of people and noise, where he'd be aware very quickly if strangers were around and asking questions, and where he could see immediate results from his hard work. Though it's certainly "destiny" for L&C to end up in Metropolis and the Daily Planet, and I fully believe that Clark would be willing to sacrifice his preferred lifestyle to be with Lois, I find myself hoping that Lois will be willing to do the same for him in this story. He's sacrificed so much in this world that it only seems right that he should get his way for once.

The preview of the next chapter, combined with Lois's observation that Clark is wearing jeans to the beach, has definitely sparked my interest. It never occurred me how important being fully clothed would be to him now that he's free, but it, too, makes perfect sense. (And a spark of brilliance on your part, I must say.) The association of being undressed and being in the cell must be incredibly strong. And if I'm reading the preview correctly, it looks like Lois has figured this out and is going to help him get more comfortable with it. (And I might just fall over from the swooning. wink )

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
What Kathy said. Word for word, what Kathy said. laugh

Regarding the clothing, I remember his thought when he first put on the t-shirt Lois brought him in the cell - that he didn't feel so exposed and vulnerable. And how hesitant he was to take that shirt off when she washed his hair - and how she wondered about that, given that he's been shirtless around her all the time until just that day (or the day before, I forget.) Anyway, he ended up keeping it on. So, yes, it seems he very much associates being undressed with his situation in the cell. After spending 7 years wearing nothing (and I mean *nothing*) except a ratty old pair of shorts, I don't blame him for preferring his jeans - even at the beach.

I also had been thinking the same thing about staying on the farm. Everyone has pretty much assumed they'd eventually end up at the Daily Planet in Metropolis, and maybe they will, but I have to say I find that there is something very comforting about them ending up as farmers in Smallville. huh

Finally, the request to hold hands. Awwww... I'll be honest and say I have a little pet peeve about stories with an overly hesitant Clark. Speaking of canon-Clark, here. He had his reasons to wait until he'd found that one person he could share everything with, but once he'd found that person, I got the impression he was not timid or hesitant at all; quite the contrary. In this story, however, there is EVERY reason for Clark to behave just as you have written him, and rather than being put off by his hesitancy, I find it endearing.

Loving this story...

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
I haven't had time to leave feedback peep -- but am still loving the story! smile Love seeing how their lives are slowly falling into place. Looking forward to learning about what happened to Martha.

"You don't want to finish college? Become a journalist?"

"No," he said. "If my father has passed away, I want to be there for my mom."
So no Daily Planet in their future? Or is it too early to say? Though it's very Clark to want to be there for his mom. Curious how this will all turn out!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Patrick Thanks for letting me know you're still on board.

Joy Progress is a little slow in this part of the story - I'm glad you're still enjoying it.

Elizabeth Strange that wink

The end of TMTY isn't in sight yet. Quick estimate - possibly ten parts of Highway - which will probably become 20 parts (ask my BRs about my estimates blush ) + seven parts of Trail - 27 parts @ about 2-3/week = 10 weeks.

Laura I deliberately chose that preview to let you know things are beginning to heat up laugh

Evelyn

she already sees the possibility for Clark to be a hero.
She knows the world in ways that Clark doesn't because of his imprisonment.

AntiK

Scardino - most of us didn't like him in the show because he was a roadblock to what we wanted - Lois love Clark. But he wasn't really a bad guy - he just saw an attractive single woman and tried to woo her.

As for if he's a bad guy/good guy here cool

DW With all the baggage they both have, they have to be as open as they can manage. If not, the story/relationship might never progress.

Kathy Loved your comments, Kathy.

The whole being dressed bit - this was another area where I dropped a few hints and hoped the readers would fill in the blanks. However, if Trask/Moyne thought of Clark as an animal (or wanted him to think of himself like that) - we don't (generally) dress animals. Just saying ...

Vicki I agree entirely with your comments about canon-Clark. He overcame being an alien, he overcame having the secret, he overcame Lois rejecting his first admission of love, he overcame his own unique ability to try so hard to get something right and still manage to make a mess of it.

MozartMaid The Daily Planet ... uhmm. I will say that it has a part to play in how this story unfolds.

Many thanks for the FDK. Update - I wrote Highway 2, stalled, and (after a day of panic) realised what was wrong with it. I'm hoping to get time to fix it tonight.

Anyone who was seriously distressed by the early parts of this fic and would prefer to be warned of anything similar should PM me. smile However, if you've got this far, you'll probably be fine.

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awww... they're connecting hyper

And Lois is staying. At least, until she gets spooked again. hyper

Michael

*) A hopeful extrapolation on the basis that 20 isn't really much more than 10 and 30 is such a nice number laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard