Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
When they reached the indistinct border between the loose sand and the slightly damp rim of the water's reach, Lois veered slightly so that they walked parallel to the ocean. Clark breathed the salty air deep into his lungs and listened to the muted pulse of the waves and the squeaky tempo of their footsteps. The breeze skipped over the water and lingered in Lois's hair, separating strands and positioning them slantwise against the swinging drape.

If he concentrated, he could hear the swish-swish as it brushed against her shoulders in harmony with her stride.

Her head turned to him, and her hand lifted in an attempt to restore some order. "I should have tied back my hair," she said.

"No," Clark said - too sharply. He gave her a smile. "No," he said more softly. "I like watching the wind play with your hair."

She lowered her hand. "It will be knotty later."

He could tell from her smile that she didn't mind. "Do you still have that de-tangling spray?"

"Yes."

"Would you let me to comb out your hair tonight?"

She smiled again. "I'd like that."
Thanks smile

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw this was such a sweet chapter and had no evil cliff hangers or anything!I am looking forward to more. I am glad they are back to being comfortable again with each other. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
WAFF, WAFF, WAFF, WAFF! They are just so sweet!

I love that Clark pointed out that she'd stopped touching him -- that took courage -- and that Lois is ready to give him hugs again. Yay! The computer, the apple pie ingredients, his going into town alone, her commitment to stay ... they are definitely back on the right track!

Keep it coming! thumbsup

Kathy

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Firstly, Yay for the new update!

And secondly, this part was so sweet and cute and waffy that I was sad to see I couldn't scroll down for more.

It must have taken a lot of courage for Clark to go into town and to later tell Lois that she has stopped touching him. But they are so cute together and seems like everything is back on track to progress.

Looking forward to the beach part and from the preview, him brushing her hair later laugh

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
aww! What a sweet chapter!! Love that Clark is able to just slip back into his old life so easily!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Top Banana
Top Banana
WAFF indeed! smile Just what the doctor ordered! And I wonder how good Lois' cooking skills will be for that apple pie wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm *so* sorry I've been MIA here lately, but I want to assure you I'm still reading, still enjoying.

This chapter was wonderful, as others have said. I, too, am curious to see how the apple pie comes out. Will Clark fly in to town to get a pizza for dinner?

The beach scene is wonderful, so far. What else has Clark planned? And most importantly, when, oh when, will we get that long awaited first kiss???

Loving this story....

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy And will she recognize the reporter?

An hour later, Lois had stashed a bucketful of apples in the back of the pantry, and Clark still wasn't home.
Cooking? Baking? Oh well, I'm guessing the farm house had a good run, but everything must come to an end. And then Clark can build a bigger one in place of the burnt down one.

"I think you need to rest," Clark said. "For days. Maybe even weeks. But eventually, you are going to want something to do. I figured maybe you could think about writing that Great American Novel of yours."
blush Yeah, you did mention that some time ago, didn't you?

"Something practical? A new pair of shears so I can finish pruning the front garden?"
That reminds me of an episode of Deep Space Nine. There, the resident spy talked about how he once worked as a gardener at the embassy, and it just so happened that the ambassador was poisoned during that time. Gardening and spies apparently do go well together.

Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello Corinna,

Still reading your story even if I don't often -I confess- leave comments, not because I don't like them, they're just great ! But comment are not my best part.

So to go straight, I will just stay it was really a sweet chapter, Lois begins to feel herself again, it was a great idea to take the Apple pie's receipt to please Clark.
I hope it will recall sweet memories, without too much pain because he missed all this time with his parents and still doesn't know where his mom is.
Will Lois burn the Apple Pie or will she succeed, eager to know the end of this ! lol
I am glad Clark took himself in hand and went to Smallville. It's good the people of Smallville don't pressure him to talk about what happened. I like the moment when Dave cut Maisie before she overwhelmed Clark with her questions and babbling.

Always waiting for the suite, keep going, Corinna, your writing is just so amazing !

Hannah.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I loved this part! It was perfect, exactly what I've been hoping would happen sooner or later. Now that they're both starting to acclimate to all the changes that have occurred, their relationship can start to move forward.

I love how eager Clark is to do the right thing, how earnestly he's trying so hard not to scare her away or do or say the wrong thing at the wrong moment.

One of my favorite moments was when Lois is waiting for Clark to return, thinking that he's incredible without powers, and then 'almost skips' down the stairs just because he's home. That was incredible and certainly made me laugh.

So glad to see them back to hugging and being open and honest with each other. I loved Lois's reaction to the computer, as well as Clark's discomfort with wanting to use the gift he's giving her.

And hurray for telling him she's not going to leave him. Unfortunately, I don't know that I see them staying in Smallville forever. Metropolis always has a powerful call on Lois and Clark...or at least, traditionally, anyway. smile

Thanks!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I loved the positive feel of this update. Like maybe Lois and Clark reached their low and came out the other side.

As Clark opened his eyes the next morning, he was struck by an invigorating sense of anticipation. A sense so real that it reminded him of the first moments of wakefulness on Christmas morning when the day stretched ahead with wonderful promise.
Hmm, that about sums up the feeling of opening up a new chapter of TMTY. laugh

He wanted to touch her - just to place a hand on the material of her pyjamas. Feel her warmth. Connect with her.

He didn't. He didn't want to startle her.
He's so innocent and sweet. I love this image.

Clark's arms spread wide, and Lois fell into the sanctuary of his broad chest. He enclosed her, and his big, gentle hand curled around her head. She heard the steady beat of his heart and felt his warmth.

And knew that everything was going to be all right.
Back where they belong. Can't wait for more. Congrats on finishing 'Trail'!

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura

Aw this was such a sweet chapter and had no evil cliff hangers or anything!
You make it sound like I always finish a sweet chapter with something evil wink

Kathy

WAFF, WAFF, WAFF, WAFF!
Who would have thought it after the Prologue and early chapters of Junction? wink

DW Both DW and Kathy commented that Clark needed courage to mention that Lois had stopped touching him. I think the added confidence comes from having to be the strong one for a while.

Bellarase Perhaps going to town was another consequence of gaining more confidence.

MozartMaid Lois. Cooking skills. Should I say any more? laugh

Vicki

Ah, Vicki - either you are a really attentive reader or we think alike. That's all I'm saying. wink

Michael

Cooking? Baking? Oh well, I'm guessing the farm house had a good run, but everything must come to an end. And then Clark can build a bigger one in place of the burnt down one.
smile1

Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting. Your feedback makes me dance

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard