Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
In the barn, Clark dropped onto a bale of hay, and his head sagged into his hands.

Lois had said she wanted to leave him.

She was sleeping peacefully now. His hearing was tuned to the steady breaths coming from his parents' room.

They had come so far together. Made such progress.

Until Moyne had come and tainted their lives.

So many times, Clark had imagined the moment of utter despair when Lois would tell him she wanted to leave him. He'd dreaded it. He'd expected it.

Yet when it had happened, he hadn't been able to accept it.

His reaction had been fuelled by pure desperation. He'd astounded himself. Replaying their conversation now, Clark couldn't believe that he'd sounded so staunch, so resolute, so calm.

Inside, he'd been nothing of the sort. He'd been petrified.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
WOW! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Wow! That really was quite an emotional roller-coaster!

I am glad that Clark stood by his points and calmly and rationally 'fought' for Lois and his bargain that she gives him to days - for healing - was absolutely inspired. Also great that he used her reasoning on her, especially the part about his line and the hair washing.

I, too, cannot wait for the next part hyper

smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
Clark is becoming Clark again! thumbsup

His wink and parting line at the end of the chapter was priceless. Never expected him to not only use her words against her, but also her actions. Yay!

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was very scary. I thought Lois was going to be too stubborn but then Clark did something miraculous! wonderful job. Wow! I loved how Scardino kept seeing Clark for the first time as a person. I am so glad Clark convinced her to stay. And the last bit about him getting the water to wash her hair was just incredible! they've come 360 degrees Wow. Loved it!!!

I was so excited I accidentally posted in the fiction instead of here. Sorry! If there is a moderator here maybe they can remove it from the end of your story.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
What everybody else said. I loved it! hyper

ETA: I forgot to thank you for posting this now, and not making us wait 18 hours! Of course, since you were already thinking of making a posting 18 hours from your reply to Part 15, you could always post Part 17 then! (According to my math, that would be around 10 hours from now. Sounds good to me!) wink

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Merriwether
Merriwether
I was so excited I accidentally posted in the fiction instead of here. Sorry! If there is a moderator here maybe they can remove it from the end of your story.
Deleted. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah Clark!!!! Thank you for not being Mr Noble and letting Lois go!!

Amazing chapter and as always, I look forward to the next part. LOVE LOVE LOVE this story!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wonderful--it's great to see Clark being so much of the Clark we know from the show. I've always really admired the way he could stand up to Lois in such a calm and reserved way (as shown so wonderfully in your story "With A Source").

I loved their conversation here, seeing his confidence and finally getting to see the real Lois--what we've already seen of her plus these vulnerabilities she's hidden inside. Continuing the similarities between Lois, the secret agent, and Superman, the superhero, it's great to finally get to see the two complementing each other so well as they do on the show.

I usually try not to comment too much on the preview since I'll probably comment again later on, but I really liked this little flash forward. It's so indicative of Clark--so confident and able on the outside and so scared and unsure on the inside, yet good all the way through.

Thanks for more of this wonderful story.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was unbelievable! Typing one-handed due to a reign of wasps I'm waging battle against (Jen-2 Wasps-1 after tonight). More after the swelling goes down!

More now that I have mostly two hands: Way to turn the shoe on the other foot, Clark. My heart just broke initially, and I feared he was going to just let Lois walk away - and he stepped up like nothing I expected. Amazing how everything finally sinks together for him right when she stops believing everything she's been telling him. I think it's Clark's turn to prop Lois up for a little while, and this will be a good next journey for them both.

JD
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
His appearance was shockingly normal, but it was more than that. His manner was polite ... gracious.
And suddenly, Daniel understood how his agent could have been fooled into abandoning her job and consorting with the enemy. This would certainly prove to be a problem once the invasion arrived and Earth's female population would freely flock around the alien gods.

"Moyne is dead," Daniel said, feeling a strange sense of elation that really shouldn't accompany such an announcement.
Something's creaming about this being way too easy and the bombshell still out there.

"Yes," she said. "Yes, I would like to come back to Metropolis with you."
Funny, I just took that as Lois wanting to go back to check up on her father, get some more things from her apartment, etc. And probably take Clark with her.

She wanted to leave him.
And I kept saying, 'talk to her, she will clear up the misunderstanding'.

Tell Clark ... tell him what? Tell him *anything* that he would accept. Lie, if necessary. Last night, she had come within a heartbeat of killing a man. A few lies were not going to dent her conscience over much.
Oh. Right. blush eek

Clark was there, standing in the doorway, his arms folded across his chest, his face impassive.
huh

Michael

PPS: is it tile for #17, yet?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It's hard to think what to say. There is just so much in this part, it's awesome! hyper

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! Another excellent part! You divide the parts so well that each one is a totally awesome read; just as good as the previous if not better!!!

Everyone has already expressed my sentiments regarding this part so I'll just say ditto to all the above!

So looking forward to the next one! Bring it on!

Cheers
Elizabeth

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark is awesome. I feel sorry for Lois. I am glad that call-me-Daniel came through for her.

Can I have the next part, please?

B

ETA:
Oh, and how soon before the Smallville Post runs the story about the hometown boy returned and the evil government agent slain in local jail? They might not know where Martha went, but I'm sure she keeps up on what's happening at home. Just in case.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, and how soon before the Smallville Post runs the story about the hometown boy returned and the evil government agent slain in local jail? They might not know where Martha went, but I'm sure she keeps up on what's happening at home. Just in case.
Oooh, now there's a good thought!

Merriwether
Merriwether
Definitely an interesting idea! Of course, this is set in those early-internet days before newspapers were online, especially tiny ones. So if Martha is in some rural town in California or Florida or Maine, without any way to keep up with Smallville, that could be a problem.

Don't mind us, Corrina. We'll just sit here and plot your story for you while we wait for the next part. goofy

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Wow, not only did Clark realize that he is indeed what Lois needs, but he is also confronting her about it. And what a confrontation, what a way to corner her with the one thing she can't possibly refute: her own arguments. I really really really liked this side of Clark. And I really am glad that you set this up so nicely: I was sure that your purpose with Moine's attack was to turn Clark into the savior but I certainly wasn't expecting him to confront Lois about it so fast, so sure and with such force, such conviction, without being harsh and without any reproach.

I'm dying to read how he manages to fully convince Lois in the following 48 hours (because there's no way you're going to be evil and have Lois actually leave him and return to Smallville wildguy )

And I know you're unlikely to answer, but... is there any chance we'll get the kiss right towards the end of trail? If 'Bridge' was a new beginning because Lois entered the cell and made direct contact with Clark, and if Trail is a new beginning because Clark is finally a free man... It seems reasonable to expect that 'Trail' leads them to a point where they both have finally acknowledged that they do deserve each other, that they are what the other needs and thus are both finally ready to start a relationship (probably realizing that they've had a relationship almost all along). And what better way to seal all that than with that first kiss?

Say, wouldn't it be nice to wake up Sunday to a new part and enjoy it with a good cup of coffee? laugh

Cris
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love it when Clark grows a backbone. Especially when it shows itself in the form of gentle resolve (as opposed to pouty self-righteousness which cannon Clark is occasionally prone to). Well done indeed.

I also loved the way your Clark convicted Daniel's conscience not by accusing him outright, but simply by being so graciously, gently, civilly...human.

Off to read part 17. smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
MozartMaid Yeah, it was a bit of a roller coaster. But Clark showed that he's learnt a lot from Lois!

DW Clark wouldn't have had too much experience of human relationships in the cell. He used what he had - what Lois had given.

Kathy

Clark is becoming Clark again!
What a nice way to put it!

Laura

I thought Lois was going to be too stubborn
Clark can be stubborn, too.

Vicki Loved your maths!

Bellarase It never occurred to me that Clark might be 'noble'. I wanted him to fight for Lois.

AntiK

It's so indicative of Clark--so confident and able on the outside and so scared and unsure on the inside, yet good all the way through.
Even more so here, given what he's been through.

Jen Hope you had a win against the wasps!

I think it's Clark's turn to prop Lois up for a little while, and this will be a good next journey for them both.
Hope so. wink

Michael

Oh no, given the day/part ratio, after the two days, Trail and #4 will be over and then Lois will leave Clark forever
I've made it to Monday! You're at Wednesday. laugh

Evelyn Strong Clark had to emerge eventually.

Elizabeth I do try to balance the parts. It worries me if not much seems to happen.

Brenda Good point re the paper. And Kathy's point about the internet is true, too.

Don't mind us, Corrina. We'll just sit here and plot your story for you while we wait for the next part.
Keep plotting!

Cristina Nice thinking about the timing of the kiss.

I will say this - when the story idea hit me, there were four very definite stages. I'm just building up to the end of Trail now.

Michelle I figured there wasn't much Clark could say to Daniel without risk of it sounding antagonistic.

Many thanks, everyone.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard