Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Daniel had been expecting Lois to answer the door.

Instead, there was a man - a man who was younger, taller, and more toned than Scardino. A man who looked as if he, too, had been expecting someone else.

"Ah, hi," Daniel said, offering his hand to shake. "I'm Daniel Scardino."

The man took his hand in a firm grip and nodded. "Mr Scardino," he said. "I'm Clark Kent."

Daniel's jaw plunged. *This* was the alien? The prisoner? Former prisoner? He looked ... looked ... human. "Ah, Mr ... ah, Kent," Daniel stammered, realising that he shouldn't be surprised that the alien had answered his knock. But he had not been expecting *this*. "Mr ... ah ... Kent. Ah ... Lois. Lois Lane. Is she here?"
Thanks!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent part -- well done! Lois' emotions and turmoil is well described. Loved how Clark got breakfast for her-- I could picture exactly what the old teddy bear plate and silverware looked like! smile SO relieved that Moyne is dead-- that has to solve some problems! And now curious how the next chapter will play out with Scardino...

Keep it coming! Great installment, as always! clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, I loved this! Very well done. notworthy

I'll admit the ending took my by surprise. Don't know why, since Scardino had said he was going to Smallville. I guess after the scene in the jail, I was just expecting to see Rachel show up at the farm. I loved Scardino's reaction to Clark.

Now I cannot wait for Part 16 to see what happens next! I know you just barely posted this part, but when it comes to this fic I am insatiable!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Good job......I can't wait to see what takes place wit Lois and Dan, especially when the "prisoner" is around and looks so "human"......

Keep up the excellent work!!!!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Amazing job! Agonizingly slow but necessary for the characters to heal. I have a feeling we are never going to get that kiss. I think we should all stop waiting for it. Maybe it will show up toward the end of this fiction. I cheered when Moyne was killed! Yippie! Now we will see how Scardino does with the situation. It is starting to look good for them. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I think we are all insatiable when it comes to this fic laugh

Ok, now back to FDK.

Neville Moyne dropped.

A few seconds later, he died in a creeping pool of his own blood on the floor of the sheriff's office in Smallville, Kansas.
I so did not expect that! Seems like another version of the bus with Trask. But I am glad that you killed him off! I just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

*He* could overlook it - but she couldn't.

She was evil.

On the inside.

A killer.
Why do I get the feeling that Lois will try to pull away from Clark now, just after Clark stopped pulling away from Lois and started believing that they can and should be together? I am sure, though, that her defences will last long, especially not with Clark grinning and smiling. And he will make her see reason - that, just because she had that rage took over twice does not make her a killer, particularly when taken in context with her life (and dignity) being threatened.

Also did not expect Scardino - hoped he stopped by the jail first and has good news to deliver to the farmhouse. His reaction in the preview was spot on for what I would've expected it to be - one does not tend to think of an alien as human looking, and even more not so considering how Clark has been treated.

More, please hyper

smile

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
This is a nitpick, please note I like your tale.

His rage erupted, and he lurched towards the sheriff.

Two shots fired.

Neville Moyne dropped.

A few seconds later, he died in a creeping pool of his own blood on the floor of the sheriff's office in Smallville, Kansas.
Please consider having him die from heart failure after being shot by Tasers. It is very rare but it does happen. Example Another example

My concern is the shooting review board would never pass on two officers shooting an unarmed subject. Both are looking at manslaughter charges, and no matter how it plays out they are both losing their jobs.
It is a completely different story if he dies from the Taser. In most cases subject who die from tasers are found to have drugs in their systems, Meth commonly.

Meth would also explain how Moyne got so far off track.

Framework4
Merriwether
Merriwether
From my feedback on part 14 ..
So is it too much to hope for that Moyne will be so outraged by the fact that Menzies isn't covering for him that he'll try to escape and will be killed in the process?
From the beginning of part 15 ...
His rage erupted, and he lurched towards the sheriff.
Two shots fired.
Neville Moyne dropped.
Me, as I read it ...

goofy

As for the rest of the chapter, I could paste large passages, but they would all essentially be saying the same thing: Damn, are you good at this! goofy

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, another possible solution to the shooting of an unarmed man - Moyne had enough animal cleverness in his rage to grab one of the deputies' guns. Or he'd had a weapon hidden on him and pulled it out.

OR when Moyne lunged out of the cell, one of the deputies pulled his gun to warn Moyne back, Moyne grabbed for the gun and it went off.

I'm glad you added in the part about Clark realizing that Rachel would have insisted on a hospital visit for Lois if she'd seriously thought there'd been a possibility that Lois had been raped.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Merriwether
Merriwether
I agree with Dandello -- the easiest and obvious (to me, at least) solution would be for Moyne to go for either Rachel's gun or one of the deputies' guns. Then he will be armed when they shoot him and it will be a clean shoot. (And if it's Rachel who does the shooting, there would a parallel to her shooting of Trask in GGGoH.)

Oh, yeah, and I just started a TMTY Support Group thread in Fanfic Related. Come commiserate with me while we wait for the next chapter of this amazing fic. goofy

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, personally, I was just glad that Moyne died, regardless of the 'how'. dance

Fantastic chapter and I can't wait to read the next chapter with Scarndino!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Blogger
Blogger
Another great chapter, bringing even more promise to the story.

Ditto to all the comments others already wrote. I also did not expect Moyne to be "dealt" with like that, but it suits him.

Too bad that Lois is closing in into herself, but that was to be expected sooner or later. At least now Clark is not trying to do the same, or that could have been more problematic.

I can't wait to see the next chapter with the interactions between Dan, Lois, and Clark. I kind of suspected that when/if they meet, it sure would be an awkward meeting, especially for Dan who had no clue what to expect from Clark, although the same applies to Clark regarding Dan.

Please update soon! smile1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! is definitely an understatement for the recent happenings in Smallville. eek

Every death by violence is too bad; but that you've taken care of Moyne not being able to ever reveal that Clark is still alive, that he can't ever be a threat to them again, is so awesome! Their hope for the future will spring hugely once they get past Lois' emotional obstacles now pressing in, but that growing hope of the past not chasing them anymore can't but help both Lois and Clark right now. Can't wait until they know it.

And I know just how his teddy bear plate and utensils looked goofy , as I imagine they are similar to the little set I keep with Superman on them! laugh

Ready for the next part now!!! thumbsup

EvelynC
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow! This is another of my now-favorite parts ( I just know I'll get tired of typing that and you'll get tired of reading it before the end)!

I absolutely love how strong Clark is in protecting her and being there for her. I also love how Lois instinctively knows she can depend on him. After everything else that's been happening and how she's had to support him, it might be easy for her to think she can't just crash on him, but she knows without a doubt that he'll be there for her.

Each of their thoughts about the other are just perfect. That's one of the top things I've always loved about Lois and Clark--how they each supply what the other needs and help and support and encourage the other, sometimes without even knowing they're doing it. It's just another sign that they're meant to be together. smile

I loved the pacing of this part and progression of thoughts. I hope Clark realizes soon what Lois is afraid of and confronts it as skillfully as she confronted his fears.

Very surprising about Moyne dying--but I don't mind at all. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that means something--or someone--worse is going to happen to our favorite couple. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
A quick reply - I have limited time, and I want to get another scene written.

RE Moyne's death.

As I'm sure you're all aware, I am not an American and have never lived in your country (I don't think six days spent in one state counts as 'living there' wink )

I wanted Moyne dead because I didn't want either of the alternatives - he lives and causes further problems for LnC or he lives, but is silenced/discredited - which would have to be explained and that's not the thrust of the story.

So, I had to decide how to kill him.

I didn't want either Lois or Clark to do it.

Because Trask was a part of this story, I decided to use his death in GGGoH and copy that.

IIRC, Trask was armed when Rachel shot and killed him - so those who mentioned that perhaps Moyne should have drawn a weapon have a point.

Rachel shot (and killed) Trask because he was pointing a gun at a friend of hers, and she had information from a stranger (Jimmy) that Trask was a bad guy.

Two deputies shot Moyne because he charged and attacked their sheriff.

In my opinion, both were probably unjustified in RL - and consequences would have followed.

However, whatever they were for Rachel, the show didn't think it was important enough to be included.

I realise that this almost certainly isn't realistic in RL USA.

But, in the absence of RL experience, all I have is the LnC universe (which I'm sure differs from RL, although I don't know how exactly. blush )

I think it's interesting that DW - another non-American - was the first person to notice that Moyne's death was so similar to canon Trask's.

Moyne's death is mentioned again in later chapters. You will get more detail. When I do another edit, I might elaborate further on exactly how Moyne threatened Rachel - thanks for the suggestions.

Again, thanks to everyone who took the time to comment. I will reply individually soon.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was just happy he was dead. Eager to see how scardino's role plays out

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well done, Corrina. What you have here is fondly known as a page turner. We just can't wait to find out what happens next.

Lois's trauma is unfortunate for her, but it brings a much-needed symmetry to the L&C relationship--they are there for each other, rescuing each other, helping each other through their dark nights of the soul, etc. In the long run this will keep Clark from feeling somehow inferior to Lois or dependent on her in a one-sided way. It's sort of the mirror image of the realization that cannon Lois has rescued Superman as well as vice-versa. It makes them equals in a way that wouldn't be possible if one of them was doing all the rescuing.

Looking forward to seeing the Dan/Lois/Clark scene.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Top Banana
Top Banana
In my opinion, both were probably unjustified in RL - and consequences would have followed.
In RL, Rachel shooting Trask would be considered a 'good' kill - she shot an armed man who was a clear threat to a civilian and there were witnesses to confirm that. While there would have been an investigation during which she probably would have been put on forced leave, chances are very good the Feds would have disavowed Trask and she would have been cleared.

In Moyne's case, shooting unarmed people is frowned upon. From personal experience, many years ago my family was being threatened by a stalker. The honest-to-god advice from the local sheriff was 'If you shoot him, make sure we find a knife on the body.'

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
by DW:
Why do I get the feeling that Lois will try to pull away from Clark now, just after Clark stopped pulling away from Lois?
This is properly Corrina's question to answer, but I have beta'd the next few chapters, and I feel confident that I can anticipate her reply:

Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah! (evil laugh)

(in other words, get ready to turn the Angst-o-Meter up to eleven.)

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
By IolantheAlias:

quote:
by DW:
Why do I get the feeling that Lois will try to pull away from Clark now, just after Clark stopped pulling away from Lois?
This is properly Corrina's question to answer, but I have beta'd the next few chapters, and I feel confident that I can anticipate her reply:

Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah! (evil laugh)

(in other words, get ready to turn the Angst-o-Meter up to eleven.)
Uhm.... thanks!?!? /gulps/

Ok. It might a good idea to skip town where there is no internet connection and then come back next week so that there is more parts to read simultaneously?

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard