Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So it wasn't Tempus, or Mxy, or even some other random magic-- but a good old-fashioned Wellsian intervention! smile

And I couldn't let the story end without alt-Clark finding his Lois. Hope you don't mind the ending. wink

And, IolantheAlias' requirements for the fic:

Three things I want in my story:
1. The revelation
2. An Alt-Clark, Alt-Lois, or Alt-somebody.
3. A Slinky (the toy that's a long spring)

Three things I don't want in my story:
1. Murder
2. Anything about clones, the ARGH wedding, or amnesia
3. Yogurt

--oops, so there was a little amnesia-- but I THINK (hope!) Iolanthe was referring to the Season 3 Lois-amnesia that drives us all crazy! /hopeful smile/

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Well, you did manage to wrap things up nicely in one part. Well done!

And I'm glad it hadn't been a dream, after all.

A slinky? No yogurt? Interesting prompts! Iolanthe, may I ask what the story is behind them, especially behind the 'no yogurt' prompt? Had there been previous stories involving yogurt?

Joy,
Lynn

Merriwether
Merriwether
Ohhh, it was a Wells set-up! Not what I was expecting at all! (My theory was that it was all a dream or hallucination, perhaps AltClark's mind's way of dealing with the trauma of his own universe's Nightfall, an alt-world reaction instead of our Clark's amnesia.)

It all worked out fine in the end, though, with Alt Clark getting a little break to emotionally refuel, and then he comes back home to find his Lois. A happy ending all around. thumbsup

Thanks for sharing it with us! smile

Kathy

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I didn't expect a Wells set up either. You managed to wrap it all up very nicely and I enjoyed every part of it - which I think I have mentioned before?

I am glad that you managed to 'find" alt-Lois, even though it was in Dakar - and have her reunite with alt-Clark. I do like happy endings laugh thumbsup

Looking forward to whatever else you write and post next!

smile

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I love the idea that Wells set this up to inspire alt-Clark and build up his confidence. Not only does alt-Clark not have his Lois (or didn't), the whole world knows who he is. That's a lot to deal with.

Aw- alt-Clark gets his Lois afterall. It would be interesting to see how this Lois interacts with Clark when she knows his identity at the first meeting. (Hint, hint..)

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well done! Wells' explanation was both unexpected and fitting. I'm glad you let this Clark find his Lois in the end. When I read the line about 'not in his life, but in his heart,' I immediately began mentally whining "That's not the same!" I'm glad he got her in his life in the end.

Loved her reaction to being scooped up. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes indeed, (W)ell(s) done! I like the explanation and the setup. Indeed, Clark needed some cheering up. And I'm very glad that Clark got his happy ending, and that his Lois was all right!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice ending! Very sweet to allow him to find his Lois. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A great story - I really enjoyed it! I certainly got my "money's worth" out of this ficathon! smile

You really got in all the requirements too. I saw that you managed to work in the Slinky in part one - well done! Somehow one doesn't associate a Slinky with L&C. I just threw that in there to be difficult wink

Re the yogurt - how petty, but I had just been disappointed in my cup of yogurt at lunch the day I put in the request! (I tried a new flavor and it tasted terrible.) So, not much mystery there.

I'm so glad you had a happy ending! I always wanted alt-Clark to find his Lois, and they never did that on the show.

Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup
Bob

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed this fic -- and I'm glad I pulled off Wells' intervention as a surprise. wink

IolantheAlias
I certainly got my "money's worth" out of this ficathon!
So glad you enjoyed it! It was written for you, after all! I have to admit, at first the slinky was what threw me... I pondered that for a good three days... then it was how to use an alt character with the revelation, since most appearances of alt characters are post-rev in canon, except for Tempus Fugitive-- but I don't think it counts as a revelation since Wells does the memory swipe on Lois at the end... Anyway, it worked out and that's all that matters!

Bobbart
Re the secret -- since this whole fic was only from Alt-Clark's POV, you could assume that Wells fixed the reveal later on... Just sayin' wink

Anybody catch the Alice in Wonderland references besides in the title? First one was really buried, but when Clark first mentions thinking it was Tempus that had sent him to Lois' world, she says 'tempus fugit' or time flies -- kind of a stretch, but it's like the white rabbit saying he's late and Alice (or in this case Clark) chases after... Other reference was at the end, when Alt-Lois mentions the title-- the implication being that you could say it was LOIS who was down the rabbit hole and lost, nearly missing her opportunity to meet and fall in love with Clark. Ok, enough of my literary nerdiness! goofy

Anyway, thanks for reading!
wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's nice to see Clark found his Lois. I do wonder if Wells set the trip up at precisely that time so Clark would be ready for Lois, emotionally speaking. BTW, how did Wells then fix the other universe, i.e. remove the memory? I'm guessing he did not go and kiss both Lois and Clark goofy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard