Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Now, the revelation was one of the requirements for the fic -- I actually had some other ideas without doing the revelation. peep

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I’d give anything to have my superhearing back
Oh, alt-Clark, alt-Clark, alt-Clark, haven't you learned yet not to use that phrase? wink

It should be me in the Suit. It should be me getting ready to save the world.
Let's hope that while he is in "our" world, a Nightfall equivalent isn't heading toward *his* world!

Have I been able to make a difference just as he has? I hope so.
This brings to my mind some lines from Robert Burns' To a Louse:
O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
Alt-Clark is (sort of) being given that gift. "Sort of" since, as he recognizes, the opinions are of "our" Clark.

“Lois, he’s Superman,”
I love your entire revelation scene. It rings true.

Have I mentioned lately how much I am enjoying this story? I don't see how it can be wrapped up in only one more part, but I have every confidence that you'll manage it.

Joy,
Lynn

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Wow - what a revelation! Guess Alt-Clark realized there was no other way to handle it. What a fun set up!

I love this:

Her confidence in him suddenly makes me understand something – it’s not just Lois Lane that I lack in my life, it’s her belief in Superman
That Lois' belief in Superman is such an important part in developing Clark's confidence.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wildest revelation yet! Loved it! Very creative. I am looking forward to more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I think you handled the revelation well and I don't think was any other valid explanation that alt-Clark could have used.

I also don't think you can wrap this up in one part - mostly because it will be sad to see this end - but I am sure that you will do it just as excellently as the rest of the story laugh

Looking forward to the next part hyper

smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
There have been a lot of revelation stories in this fandom over the last 16+ years ... and I think it's safe to say that no one has done it like this before!

Definitely wasn't expecting Alt-Clark to out our Clark like that, but hopefully since it was just to Lois, it will simply speed up their relationship. But have Alt Clark's powers really returned enough for him to fly into space and stop Nightfall? I guess if he's down the rabbit hole of his mind, his subconscious could create any scenario it needs to to teach the needed lesson. I'm looking forward to seeing the explanation in the final chapter to put it all together.

(Though I have to admit, I feel a little sorry for Clark -- if remembering being Superman is what jogged his memory in the first place, how is he going to ever get over his amnesia if he thinks Superman is someone else? lol )

Kathy

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is a very interesting and very different fic. It's sad, too. There is no way that alt-Clark can find his Lois, is there?

But like Lynn said, it was very nice for Clark to ask people in this Metropolis how they feel about Superman, because all the praise they gave their hero in blue can give alt-Clark more confidence in his own super-self. And it was really fascinating to see the interaction between the two Clarks/(not so) Supermen.

So alt-Clark outed Superman? Well, that was some sort of poetic justice, I suppose, given what happened to alt-Clark himself!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
This is a fun, different take on both alt-Clark and Nightfall. I read the first past last night and just finished 2 & 3.

So, as of the revelation, neither of these is the main-line Clark anymore. I guess I'd call them alt-Clark (the main character in this fic) and Clark-alt (the Clark that currently has amnesia.)

So is something bad going to happen to Clark-alt?
Is alt-Clark going to have to go back to his world and miss Lois even more than before?
I know, alt-Clark will get Lois and Mayson will show up for Clark-alt. smile1

Bob

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois suddenly looks up at me. “You really think he’s okay, Clark?” she asks, concerned. Her eyes are wide like a frightened child, and I want nothing more than to gather her in my arms.
So, will they find an amnesiac Superman?

As I enter the elevator and push the button, I push a little too hard and crack the plastic. I pause—have my powers returned? I try the x-ray vision and get nothing… no freeze breath… but my strength is returning… it’s a good sign.
So, how did his energy drain?

“We’re—twins,” I say, though Henderson doesn’t look convinced.
hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am enjoying your story. smile1

But I do question how Lois and 2 Clarks can have their very private conversation and revelation in the room where Clark was, with the one-way mirror/window where they were watching him before they went in the room.
Did I miss something? confused Or do they need to go to a more secure room?

Can't wait to see how you wrap this up!! clap

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, this is a really meaty fic!

I can't wait for more.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So glad you guys are liking this fic! Makes me feel WAFFs inside! smile

Lynn S. M.
I love 'Rabbie' Burns, as the Scots call him -- and yes, this is part of the moral of the fic.

I love your entire revelation scene. It rings true.
Thanks -- It was tricky, since I was only writing from one POV!

scifiJoan
That Lois' belief in Superman is such an important part in developing Clark's confidence.
Indeed-- that's one thing that makes the LnC relationship so special--Lois builds up her hero without even realizing it!

Laurach
Wildest revelation yet! Loved it! Very creative.
Thanks! It was a little wild, but I'm glad you liked it!

DW
I also don't think you can wrap this up in one part - mostly because it will be sad to see this end - but I am sure that you will do it just as excellently as the rest of the story [Big Grin]
Aw, I'm glad you don't want to see it end! And thanks for the vote of confidence! Hope you like the finale smile

KathyB
I think it's safe to say that no one has done it like this before!
I'm flattered! I hoped it was a unique take and I'm glad you think it is.

if remembering being Superman is what jogged his memory in the first place, how is he going to ever get over his amnesia if he thinks Superman is someone else?
LOL I hadn't thought of that!

TOC
So alt-Clark outed Superman? Well, that was some sort of poetic justice, I suppose, given what happened to alt-Clark himself!
Yes, in a way it is poetic justice -- but how I was looking at it was this: Alt-Clark met Lois when she was completely in love with Clark and knew the secret. He knows their future, and believes their love is strong enough to survive an early reveal, if you will.

Bobbart
I know, alt-Clark will get Lois and Mayson will show up for Clark-alt.
No, I don't have anything nearly that devious in mind! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard