Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
peep peep peep

Her heart plummeted, and her breath stalled.

She prised her gaze from the barrel of the gun and into the crazed triumph radiating from the cold black eyes.

Moyne.

He stepped forward cautiously, leading with the levelled gun, and the stench of stale cigarette smoke wormed into her lungs.

"Nothing to say, huh?" Moyne jeered. "The great Lois Lane - alone, vulnerable, and so scared she can't utter one word."
Aren't you glad I didn't leave you here during the ficathon break?? laugh

Thanks!

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Argh! How could you? wildguy

Back later with more on that fabulous dinner conversation, but for now just sitting here dying!!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aren't you glad I didn't leave you here during the ficathon break??
Struth! You can say that again!!!

All I have to say is... OMG! Please come back quick and give us the next part!!!

Awesome part as usual!

Cheers
Elizabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
They accomplished so much in this part. Great job! I can't wait to hear Clark's inner musings on the conversation. Meanwhile I wonder how he will handle Moyne when he finds him ready to kill Lois. Hopefully Moyne still thinks Clark is dead and does not have any kryptonite with him. That would just be too cruel at this point in the story. Moyne should be dealt with quickly. Better yet Rachel should come in and just shoot him. She would do them all a favor. I hope you don't wait more then 2 days to post again. Looking forward to the rest of the story soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Once again, I have to say that THIS is my favorite part. I love how Clark gathered the courage to address the huge sitting elephant in the room and that Lois so naturally followed him into it.

The things revealed throughout this conversation were really heartbreaking, revealing the terrible damage Trask did to Clark and the fears he still has entrenched in him. Even with the knowledge that Trask was a liar, it'll take a while for the brainwashing to be reversed--though I'm confident Clark can overcome it!

I love Lois's perception of Clark, especially in the paragraph where she tells him that instead of the bad things, she saw his good points shining through the most. I also really liked how you brought out that it's only been five days since he was released--he's making exceptional progress!

The way the dialogue flowed, and also the way you described Clark's reactions, were very well done, leaving me once more in awe of your writing talents. I adore this story, and I really like where you're going with it.

However, the end...not something I want to see when it'll be a few days before I get the next part. smile I hate cliff-hangers, but this is such a good story, I can't help but hold on. Please, send the next part soon! Thanks so much.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
No! Wait! Come back!!!!!
I LOVE THIS FIC!!!!! dance

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice cliffhanger. However I don't think Lois is going to need any help from Clark in dealing with Moyne.

Earlier we saw how johnny on the spot the Smallville sheriff's department is, and I rather expect a couple of deputies to show up and deal with Moyne before Clark gets back from his flight.

Moyne won't see Clark and won't know he is alive.

At this point I started wondering about the Nightfall asteroid. I think it would be useful in many ways.

Mostly because I'd love to see the look on Moyne's face when he learned that he owes his life and the life of everyone he cares about to Clark.

Nice development of the relationship between Lois and Clark. While I'm sure Lois and the folks of Smallville can in time make him feel part of the human race, Nightfall would be a delightful way to make him accept it as a right. And a great way to introduce Superman.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely progress between LnC -- but Moyne!! Ack!!! hope the next part is up soon!!! peep

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
OMG ... what did you do? wildguy wildguy wildguy

I am relieved that you didn't leave us there during the break (or there would be a lot more of the gremlins above), but I seriously hope that we get the next two parts quickly!

I loved their conversation over dinner - a subject(s) they definitely had to discuss at some point.

I would also love to see Clark's inner musings after that conversation!

Anxiously awaiting the next part!

smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
24 hours later and I still haven't recovered. I even dreamnt about this all night last night, and every time I'd wake up thinking, "Moyne!". Although it did lead to one rather interesting tangent in which Clark came to my rescue and flew me away from Moyne. V. fun indeed!

Interesting that this Clark wants to stay and work on the farm. Something that Canon Clark did not. Makes perfect sense though given what he's been through. I wonder if that will remain the case, or as he recovers if he and Lois will want to return to Metropolis. thumbsup

After drying herself, she moved from the bathroom and into her bedroom. As she closed the door, she thought she heard a sound coming from below. She opened the door and peered down the stairs.
First thought, "Oh no, Corrina wouldn't, would she?"

Her door flung open. Moyne stood there with his gun aimed directly at her. "Lois," he said. "How lovely to see you again."
Like I said, this literally haunted my dreams all night. Evil! Get back here and fix this!

Will he have Kryptonite with him? Will Clark get back and help or will Lois fend for herself? I think Lois can take him, he does after all have tiny feet laugh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ACK!!! Well this is an unpleasant turn of events frown

Can't wait until the next part!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Any chance you'll take pity on us and post again tonight? (or tomorrow for you or maybe yesterday - time zones are so confusing laugh )

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Elizabeth

Struth!
Love it!

Laura

Hopefully Moyne still thinks Clark is dead
He's trying to find Lois. If the alien is dead, why would she go to Smallville?

I'm not going to comment directly on anything else you said, Laura, but I will say that I really enjoy how speculation weaves in and out of what I have planned smile

AntiK

The way the dialogue flowed
I remember writing this scene, and it was really easy. It doesn't happen often - probably three scenes since the beginning of Junction - but when scenes just flow, writing is such fun.

I still had to edit it many times, but the basics were there in about half an hour of flying fingers.

LolaDane It wasn't a particularly nice cliffy - but I'm glad you like the fic.

Patrick

Moyne won't see Clark and won't know he is alive.
See reply to Laura.

Both with regard to Moyne believing Clark is alive and with regard to FDK speculation sometimes coming so close to where I am going.

MozartMaid Progress ... and then Moyne. But it is called 'Trail' - meaning a sometimes-difficult path.

DW

there would be a lot more of the gremlins above
Apparently there is a limit of 15!!

Emily Nice dream!!

I would love to respond more fully to some of the things you've said. Perhaps in four or five parts, you should come back and read your FDK here, and you'll know what I mean.

It's Thursday morning for me. I have a lot I *should* be doing, but nothing I *have* to do. And I did leave Lois facing Moyne ...

Bellarase Moyne is always unpleasant.

Many thanks for the FDK everyone. Sorry about the cliffy. Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Corrina,

I was glad to see Moyne show up. Not for Lois's sake, of course, but for the sake of the story. I would have been disappointed in you as a writer if they had been able to live happily ever after in Smallville without anyone checking up on them.

Happy writing!

This *is* my happily ever after.
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
First of all, I love this fic. I mean, I really LOVE this fic.

I'm actually hoping that Clark does come back while Moyne is still there. It might be too soon, but I think that he needs to face Moyne. He needs the closure. If I recall correctly, Clark is unsure whether or not he could survive without Lois. I think confronting this could help with that and maybe start to heal some of the inadequacy he seems to be feeling. Maybe on his way back, he will hear Lois' heartbeat, realize something is wrong, and x-ray the house before he lands. Then he'll have the element of surprise. smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
HappyGirl A lot of the FDKers have been saying similar for a while. Yeah, Moyne had to come back.

As for living happily ever after - yes - but there's still a whole story before we get there!

livewithfreedom Hi. Thanks for letting me know you're reading the fic!

There does need to be resolution with Moyne. That's all I'm willing to say. wink

Michael

I think this section (the whole Linda conversation) most definitely gave Moyne's appearance quite an edge.
I think it is possible that they could have had the conversation earlier - but I wanted them to 'clear the air' just in time for Moyne to come and contaminate it again. goofy

Thanks so much for the FDK!

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard