Rosebuds for Valentine’s

For Mellie. =}

I don’t own these characters. I’m just borrowing them for a little fun.

Yes, my muse has struck again. She loves to come at 3 a.m. and interrupt my sleep. wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Clark was so excited; he didn’t think he could stand it! He had obtained tickets to “Rosebud”, the new Broadway play that Lois was eager to see. It would make for a perfect Valentine’s gift to Lois. The only down side to getting the tickets was that he could only get them for the 13th. But that also meant by the time they got home, it *would* be Valentine’s Day, and he couldn’t help but hope for a “thank you” from his beloved wife.

He walked in the townhouse and found Lois on the computer. “Lois!”

She turned and smiled at him. “What’s up? Why are you so happy?”

Clark pulled out her chair, picked her up and twirled her around. “I love you, Lois!” He set her back on the chair, and said, “Guess what?” But he was too excited to wait for her answer. “I got us tickets to see ‘Rosebud’! I’ve got it all planned out. Dinner at Rosario’s and then the play.” Then he grinned. “Aren’t you glad I can fly us to New York?”

Lois jumped up and kissed him lightly. “You are wonderful, Clark. Do you know that?” Then she went on to tell him just what a perfect Valentine’s it was going to be.

Clark kept trying to interrupt and finally was able to get in a word. “There’s just one thing, Lois. I could only get the tickets for the 13th. So we will be celebrating a little early.”

Lois sat down heavily and frowned. “Well... Maybe we can trade the tickets in for another day.” She turned back to the computer. “I have to be home at midnight and we won’t get home until well after that.”

Clark was dumbfounded and just stared at her. He finally found his voice. “Why?” he asked dejectedly.

Lois looked up at him and pursed her lips. “Dragons. I have to be home to catch dragons. It’s easier to steal the Valentine Day dragons from the cave at midnight or shortly thereafter.” She again eagerly turned toward the computer.

Clark sat down beside her. “Dragons,” he muttered numbly. He knew when Lois made up her mind about something there was no changing it, but he had to know what she was talking about. “Dragons?”

Lois turned the computer screen to him. “Yes, dragons. See, my friend Melanie gifted me the Sweetling dragons from last year, but I have to steal this year’s myself.” She smiled, self-satisfied with herself knowing she’d be one of the first to get the new Valentine day dragons.
Clark sat forward in the chair and looked at the screen. “Dragons.” He raised an eyebrow and then suddenly became interested. He pointed at the screen. “I like that purple one that looks like a Pegasus.” He looked at Lois expectantly looking for an explanation.

Lois beamed. “Well, I tell you what, Clark, let’s go to the cave, get you a scroll, and I’ll gift you one of those pretty purple dragons.”

Clark still wasn’t sure what Lois was talking about, but he wanted to find out what had her so intrigued that she would give up tickets to “Rosebud”. So, as she’d said, he obtained his own scroll and his very first dragon was a pretty purple dragon gifted to him by his lovely Lois.

~~~~~

A few days later at midnight, Lois and Clark sat side by side at their respective computers waiting to catch dragons. After they both had their scroll limit of two of the new dragons, they went to their bedroom and each eagerly thanked the other for their wonderful Valentine’s Day gifts - Rosebud dragons.

~Fin~

If you “get it”, tell me. If you don’t, I’ll explain it. =}

I love feedback.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~