Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
What can I say, I’m a sucker for soul mates. love love

Also, in the 60’s cartoon series, “The New Adventures of Superman”, the opening credits include a scene of Superman flying up into an Orange sky.

Look here: Superman Cartoon Intro - Orange Sky

So see, they’ve been there. :p

Only one part left. This story should be finished before the weekend. (I have to get to work on my ficathon story.)

Comments here.
Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! He's all better!!! wave

EvelynC
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Yeah! Superman is back! And they have leads for the shooting.

Joan

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
For a second I got worried when Clark/Superman disappeared and left the hospital, but was relieved and glad that he was waiting for Lois at the Star.

Looking forward to the conclusion and how you'll wrap anything up!

smile

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love it! I was mesmerized by the soulmate scene. L and K, indeed. And the compellingly poetic, lyrical quality of the description. For a moment I wondered if L and K might be the disembodied Lara and Jor-El, floating together in otherworldly dimensions with orange skies and black beaches forever... But then I remembered that Jor-El is hardly K.

Hope you return to the soulmate stuff later! I love the fact that L and K seem to know things that Lois and Clark do not.

The rest of the chapter was also very good, if slightly more down to Earth! Sammy the Mouse, indeed. I liked him a lot! Now let's see Lois, Clark, Sammy and Bill Henderson bring down Lex Luthor together!

Ann

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, we are almost there. My plan is to post the final part later today.

Naturally I couldn’t wrap this up without finding a way for Clark to be an active participant, even though this is fundamentally a Lois story.

The soul mates intro was taken from a WIP I’ve had for over two years. There are actually a collection of stories I have in mind that are based on K and L who are the higher-lever spirits that, at this time and place, are Clark and Lois. The problem I have is that while I think some of the elements of these stories are interesting, I haven’t found the thread to make them engaging. So they remain unwritten. Except now, for one little peek. smile

EvelynC:
Love your story and look forward to your wrap-up of the loose ends, although sorry to see it end! Any sequels in your future?
Thank you. As for anything to follow, well, see how you feel after the last part.

Joan:
Yes, they have leads. However, I have every confidence that Lois’s team, especially with the addition of Clark, would have gotten the goods anyway. It just might have taken a little longer.

DW:
I had originally planned this big scene of Lois and Clark in the hospital after he woke up. Then I realized that if he did wake up, and he was all healthy, he’d want to make sure his parents know as quickly as possible. So, he just got up and left. (Note to self : I guess it was a good thing that his suit had been patched and was in his room.)

Ann:
I’m so glad you enjoyed the otherworld soul mates scene. As I said above, that was something from another work. I thought it would be fun to include as a not-really-a-dream sequence. You are of course correct, K and L have access to FAR more information than Clark and Lois.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to write. Because of my own struggles and time constraints this past year, I have fallen off in providing feedback myself. Thant makes me appreciate even more those of you who make the time to do that.

Bob

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper mecry

It's (almost) been a fun ride, Bob!

Michael

PS: The 'almost', of course, refers to the 13, not the fun wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Michael: wave
I was confused at first, trying to place L and K
Hopefully not too confused and not for very long. I was so nervous about this little part that I almost pulled it back out. IolantheAlias convinced me that it should stay.
how did Lois know where to meet Sammy?
They met at the same place that Lois met him in Chapter 3. I'll have to make that more clear.

And for just an instant I caught my breath at the "almost"

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, a bit of both blush I figured out the 'what' by the end of the L&K section but it took the FDK to figure out the 'why'.

And for just an instant I caught my breath at the "almost"
Cliffhanger FDK. cool After all, why should we allow cliffhangers only in the stories goofy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I figured out the 'what' by the end of the L&K section but it took the FDK to figure out the 'why'.
The what was the important part. As for the why... grumble

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard