Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77622 03/01/11 09:04 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hope you enjoyed reading that part as much as I did writing it! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
A nice upbeat revelation and a smart Lois who sees through the facade. Wonderful.

Framework4
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great revelation! Now they need to follow up with Luther and The Boss.

Joan

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yes, great revelation. I wondered how long it would take Lois to figure it out, since there were a couple of clues for her smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww that was a sweet chapter. Good job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
You're right--this is definitely the best part (so far)! There was so much in it that I just loved, particularly in Lois's thoughts as she came to the realization of who Clark was and what her reaction should be.

My favorite line of all is that where she realizes that even before he knew the reason for her shooting him, he forgave her--and her realization that she didn't give him that same grace. This entire story is really a very touching illustration of that word, 'grace,' and it was perfectly shown here.

I also felt for Clark when he was disappointed Lois didn't recognize him. I was impressed by his simple answer--even just coming out of sleep--when he explained that her past was over and done with and he wanted to be in her future.

Well, that was my favorite scene, but I also really enjoyed the interview and flight with Superman. It's always nice--even if only because it adds drama--to see some Lois/Superman interaction.

Just fabulous--can't wait to read the rest. Thanks!

SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lovely chapter and Lovely revelation. laugh

More please.

Regards,

SNL

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great chapter!! I really liked how you had Lois wake up from her dream and then start to put the pieces together. eek

Just a heads up, as I think you have a typo here:
How did he get me back to the Congo?
I think you must mean: "How did he get me back from the Congo?"

They made awesome progress in their relationship in this part, but of course, have a long road ahead.

EvelynC
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Glad you all enjoyed the revelation! It was definitely fun to write it!

antiKryptonite
This entire story is really a very touching illustration of that word, 'grace,' and it was perfectly shown here.
Thanks -- that is the ultimate message of the fic, I think, though it didn't start out that way. I'm pleased too with the journey LnC have taken in this story, and glad others appreciate it! smile

It's always nice--even if only because it adds drama--to see some Lois/Superman interaction.
And that was part of my intent. I wanted Lois to meet Superman, but not immediately recognize him. I think it's often a necessary ingredient to have Clark worry over the revelation wink

And thanks EvelynC for catching the typo!

OK, next part will be up shortly! wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois figured it out! clap This was beautifully done clap

And now they are going to crack Lex wide open.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois figured it out! I love the line where Superman is looking right at her in the Newsroom and is disappointed she doesn't recognizes him. How different from canon Clark. thumbsup

I'm surprised that she didn't recognize Superman as Clark (or is it vice versa) when she saw Clark sleeping on the sofa. Does Clark wear his glasses to bed?

Lois loves Clark! Que make out scene? No, darn. Ok. I'll wait. Sigh. love

So, she knows. He knows. All that's left is to catch Lex. And a real wedding. Right. There's going to be a wedding, right? laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard