Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77560 02/27/11 07:02 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So, what did you think of the debut of Superman? smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
What neat parallels between this universe and what we see on the show. Love Clark's surge in self confidence after helping out with the shuttle. I hope he tells Lois about being Superman soon.

Joan

Features Writer
Features Writer
I loved this part--it's probably my favorite so far! I really enjoyed the twist about Lois being FORCED to be on the space shuttle, and how Clark had to introduce himself and explain what he had done without her help.

My favorite part was when he went into space and realized how much he could hear, yet still decided that he wanted to be grounded by Lois. The imagery and the poetic lilt to the words was very well done.

I also really liked how you brought in the fact that he NEEDS to share this part of himself with someone. Our Clark has his parents, but this Clark doesn't have anyone. What was really interesting was how you pointed out that he really doesn't know what he can do until he does it. I've thought that before myself--it certainly says a lot about his courage that he's willing to try lifting space shuttles, venturing into space, eating bombs, and doing all the amazing other things we know he can do from the show without even knowing if he'll survive them.

I was a bit surprised when he didn't end up telling Lois his secret, but it makes a lot of sense. As was said on the show, being Superman is a lot easier than being Clark. I hope Lois will give him the benefit of the doubt and try to work with him, though.

And what is Lex going to do now that Lois can press charges for attempted murder? He surely won't let that go easily! I'm getting all sorts of bad feelings about that Kryptonite we all know he possesses!

Can't wait to see what happens next. Thanks.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice debut of Superman but he chickened out at the end. He should just tell her. But that is reminiscent of the show of course. He was chicken to tell her. I am sure he will soon, wink Nice job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I liked this part, too. I agree with Antikryptonite that it was nice seeing Clark discover his abilities by simply using them and seeing that they were there. And the portrait of Clark in space was poetic, too.

I'm glad Lois realizes that Lex is probably the Boss, and I'm glad to see that she misses Clark and wants to be with him, too.

Ann

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
scifiJoan
What neat parallels between this universe and what we see on the show.
Thanks! I love blending elements and looking at how can an episode be seen in a different light.

antiKryptonite
I loved this part--it's probably my favorite so far!
Yay! So glad-- the next part is my personal favorite. wink

The imagery and the poetic lilt to the words was very well done.
Thanks-- both my BRs felt the same way. blush

What was really interesting was how you pointed out that he really doesn't know what he can do until he does it.
This is my way of pointing out how human Clark is -- IMO Superman is much more interesting when he is struggling to figure out what to do and understand his own limits than just assuming he can do anything.

I was a bit surprised when he didn't end up telling Lois his secret, but it makes a lot of sense.
It wouldn't be Lois/Clark if Clark didn't struggle with telling her the secret. wink

Laurach
Nice debut of Superman but he chickened out at the end.
Glad you liked the debut -- and as I said to antiK, it's typical of Clark to not be able to get those three little words out...

TOC
it was nice seeing Clark discover his abilities by simply using them and seeing that they were there. And the portrait of Clark in space was poetic, too.
Glad you liked this part. smile Thanks for the FDK!

I plan to post the last three parts closer together. Getting ready to post the next, then part 15 will be posted Friday, and the finale on Monday!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Hmmm. Well, all right. It does have a sort of ring to it. And it’s certainly better than that blur story you were peddling the other day. I don’t know what you were thinking, Lois.”

She crossed her arms defensively. “What *I* think is that Superman, *is* the blur. He just decided to don tights and show himself. But I’ll find out why, Chief. You know I will.”
hyper

I also do have two questions, well, one question and one detail blush

Why did Lex set both the bomb and sabotage the launch? After all, blowing the shuttle up after lift off leaves much less evidence.

He heard the boiling crackle of the distant sun and asteroids moving through space.
This took me by surprise. Or, well, the google results. Apparently, there *might* be high enough particle density in space for sound waves to carry. If you've sensitive enough equipment. (disclaimer: This is still a bit on the fuzzy side, I didn't check enough science sites to conclusively corroborate it)

Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard