OP Offline
Top Banana
The end is in sight. smile1

Comments here please.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great job. I loved the ending with Martha and Lois. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh wow, I loved this chapter! Poor Clark, I sure hope he wakes up soon. Hopefully Lois can get him some sun (can't remember if she's pushed for that yet, would have to go back and reread)

Can't wait to read the next part!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love your story! Great job! thumbsup

The last word of the following sentence, I think is a typo:
“We believe that when the crystal bullets shattered, they created a spray of microscopic partials.
I think you probably mean "particles" instead of partials, at least it makes more sense to me, as the word "partials" always make me think of false teeth!! laugh

Looking forward to how you wrap this up in the next few!!! dance

EvelynC
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I think you probably mean "particles" instead of partials
Yes, I did. Fixed now.

Thanks, EvelynC.

Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh wow, what an incredibly intense chapter! Poor Clark! Such major surgery may possibly leave him somewhat incapacitated, even if his powers return. I remember a story where Clark actually had one of his hands amputated, and it didn't grow back, as you can imagine. Hopefully Clark will recover in this fic!

Otherwise, as I said, it was a great chapter. I love the smart, determined Lois here. And the coversation between Lois and Martha was great.

Ann

SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Bob,

Another brilliant chapter. It had me hooked right to the end.

Looking forward to more and seeing a certain "Boss" getting his just deserts.

All the best,

SNL

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Another great chapter Bob! Love the way you're dealing with the Krptonite. It's exciting yet scary to think that Clark might not fully recover. It will be exciting to see how you develop this.

Love the potential love interest for Jimmy. (Now is this season 1 Jimmy or the other one? smile

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Under other circumstances she’d have expected him to be watching for her arrival. However, something much more interesting had caught his attention. Emily seemed to find Jimmy’s company equally distracting.
hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Don't the Kents at least know of a sunlight connection to Clark's powers and possible thelp to his healing?? confused Perhaps not in this universe.

Can't wait for more of your story! Can't wait to see the StarLabs doctor on the scene! hyper

EvelynC
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi everyone. I had a good weekend and finished the rough draft of the final scene last night. I expect that the last three parts will come on a faster schedule than I've used so far.

Hi Laura:
I loved the ending with Martha and Lois.
Thanks. I love the Martha/Lois chemistry.

bellarase:
Hopefully Lois can get him some sun
I didn’t think that was ever established in S1. In “Man of Steel Bars” there was a lot of speculation about the sun and Superman’s powers, but I thought even Clark didn’t know if there was a connection.

Hi Ann:
I’m glad you enjoyed the A-plot. That was one of my goals with this story. I felt like I had gotten into a B-plot rut and I wanted to see if I still know how to write A-plot.
I love the smart, determined Lois
Me too!! smile1

SNL:
The Boss is risking overplaying his hand. With all the things that Lex did, I was always surprised that he didn’t get caught sooner.

Joan:
Now is this season 1 Jimmy or the other one?
I always use S2 – S4 Jimmy as my “reference” Jimmy Olsen. That is the case for all my stories even if like this one they are set in S1.

Michael:
Hope you'll show us more of their romance. Even if it's just a substitute for LnC interacting.
jawdrop Ummm… In the immortal words of Angelica Graynamore: I have no response to that.

EvelynC:
First, thank you again for the typo heads-up. Next, about this:
Don't the Kents at least know of a sunlight connection to Clark's powers and possibly help to his healing??
As I said above, I don’t know of any place in S1 where the Kents or anyone else knew of a definitive connection between Superman’s powers and the sun. If you (or anyone else) know of a scene that establishes this connection (not speculates about it) then I’d love to know.

Thank you all,
Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard