Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77380 02/18/11 05:25 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I have about 2 chapters left to write (halfway through chapter 15)... but need some motivation to finish! A little feedback always seems to do the trick...*hint, hint* wink

Thanks! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Features Writer
Features Writer
This is an interesting story, and I like how Clark is getting closer and closer to developing Superman. I also liked how you pointed out that a large task in full view of the public would be much better than smaller ones where he remains under the radar. I had never thought of it like that, so it was an interesting observation.

I'm curious to see where this goes from here because it seems to me (personal opinion, of course) that Lois is really overreacting to Clark's lie. For one thing, they haven't known each other for very long. For another, she's already told him that the marriage is just a facade. She's expecting him to tell her absolutely everything right away. I can see where her lack of trust and deep insecurity would contribute to the first night, but on the next day, she was behaving exactly like a paranoid wife. Clark was practically groveling to explain, and then he did promise to explain later, yet she's more willing to trust Lex than she is to trust Clark, whom she already accepts to be a good man. Another thing is that she doesn't want Clark to be with another woman, yet she sees absolutely nothing wrong in flirting with Luthor.

Anyway, just my thoughts--hope they help a bit.

I did really like the way you portrayed Lex, showing equally his magnetism and his danger. I don't believe for a moment that he's not the Boss. smile

Looking forward to more.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm back, too. Well, I didn't really leave, but Lucy is not my cup of tea, and the Lucy-heavy chapter stumped me!

Lois, Lois, Lois. Please trust Clark, okay? Please don't trust Luthor, okay?

So this chapter was both a little irritating and very hopeful. Irritating, because of the reckless way Lois was ready to trust Luthor, and irritating, because she was so very upset because Clark had lied to her.

But I thought it was hopeful that she really confronted Clark about his lie. Did she do that in the show? Or did she just put up with his returning-a-video, returning-a-library-book, remembering-a-dentist-appointment, having-to-pick-up-his-Cheese-of-the-Month-shipment routine?

But the most hopeful thing was how Lois and Clark danced together the whole night, and how they communicated without words when they danced.

Ann

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm wondering if Luther is associated with The Boss. Nice of Clark to offer his parents' place to Wayne.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, did not expect nothing to happen. Not that I mind. Building the danger suspense and then only using it to give us relationship angst was quite inspired clap Speaking of which, can we just smack those two over the head? And Lois is most definitely sending mixed signals to Lex. First she flirts, then she dances with her husband all night. To Lex, it must seem like the perfect opportunity to exact some revenge on her by seducing her and ruining her chance at a relationship. devilsplat

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes, but I'm thinking that maybe Lex knows it's the Lois from the Congo!?? help What a tangled web. Can't wait to see where you take this!

EvelynC
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the feedback!

AntiKryptonite
Lois is really overreacting to Clark's lie.
The thing I've been trying to get at is that it's not Clark she doesn't trust -- it's herself. She feels guilt over the things she has done -- so she's projecting her own guilt on Clark. He's made her feel safe, yet she's afraid of that safety because she doesn't think she deserves it, so she's pushing him away at the first opportunity and throwing herself at Luthor.

TOC
Lucy-heavy chapter stumped me
LOL I can't blame you -- she just kept nosing into the story. I'm not really a Lucy fan either, but I needed someone from Lois' family who she would be close enough to to want to reconnect with -- so it was Lucy. Thanks for sticking with me anyways! smile

But I thought it was hopeful that she really confronted Clark about his lie.
Yeah, I had to have her call him on it -- because he really hasn't lied to her much up to this point. This was the first in-your-face lie (besides how he got her back to the States). In the show, their relationship practically began at the lie -- here, I've given them some time together where Superman hasn't really gotten in the way. And Clark is basically an honest person --except, of course, for his secret -- so I thought it would definitely stick out like a sore thumb when he actually *did* lie.

scifiJoan
I'm wondering if Luther is associated with The Boss.
devil

Nice of Clark to offer his parents' place to Wayne.
I thought so too. laugh

Darth Michael
Building the danger suspense and then only using it to give us relationship angst was quite inspired
Thank you blush

EvelynC
Can't wait to see where you take this!
Stay tuned... next chapter will be up shortly!

Thanks so much guys!! Hope you enjoy the rest of the ride! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard