Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
"Are you hungry?" Clark asked after a moment.

"Famished," Lois said. She grinned. "Flying does that to me."

Clark's smile unfurled slowly in response. "We should hit the next town in about a minute," he said.

"What would you like to eat?" Lois asked.

"I think you should choose ..."

She glanced sideways as his words died.

Clark wasn't quite grinning, but light-heartedness adorned his expression. " ... Call it celebrating your first flight."

Lois had loved every minute of her flight, but right now, she was celebrating Clark. His smile. The way he looked at her when he smiled. What it did inside her. "There is something I would really like," she said.

"What?" he said. "Name it. If the town doesn't have it, I could always ..." His hand made a 'takeoff' motion.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wowowowow!!!!! Absolutely loved this part! L&C flying together for the first time, with Clark glad to take her for his first flight in 7 yrs-- Such terrific progress for him in that as well as remembering how much he loves Lois and the importance to him of keeping that in mind.

Also loved their figuring out together what the message meant/might mean! Hottest team in town-- whatever town they're in. Great stuff! clap dance

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Up up and away we go! Loved it! Can't wait for more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was going to be blissful torture. Or torturous bliss.
laugh laugh laugh laugh

Loved the flying. It's a landmark in their relationship. Clark has done something that's definitely, totally, without-a-question, totally inhuman-alien. And Lois loves it. That can only be good for the days ahead.

Merriwether
Merriwether
First flight, and Lois interpreting Scardino's message correctly. Woo hoo! And how great that Clark can get in on the act, helping to figure out what might be going on back in Metropolis. Clever of him to think to look for roadblocks, and even more clever for Lois to suggest flying to the ATM.

I know how hard this is for Clark, to believe that Lois might be right and things will work out for them. But little by little, he's working his way back into the world. And it's wonderful to see. smile

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was perfect. Better than perfect!

I loved the gifts. "Every man needs a watch and a wallet." Once again, Lois finds the perfect way to tell Clark that, in her eyes, he is a man and not an alien. A man who is master of his time and his money.

And then there was their first flight. hyper Lois's reaction was (and here's that word again) perfect! Reading this whole section made me smile - beginning with her slamming on the brakes to exclaim, "I know how to do it!" and Clark's reply, "How to do what?" haha

I also liked the way they worked together to figure out Scardino's message. dance

Loving this story! Every chapter makes me eager for more. smile

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I so agree ... that was better than perfect laugh

And it is awesome that Lois shows Clark with something as simple, normal and everyday (the wallet and watch) that he is a man. smile1 (and I don't think any future part of the fic will disappoint either).

smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
Another wonderful part! I loved how Clark began to question Lois about the message and how he figured out what Menzies' goal was. It's definitely nice seeing him coming out of his shell toward that very smart investigative reporter we all know is in there.

'Free to be Clark again.' You're very good at short sentences that really hammer in exactly what the character is feeling.

The gifts were perfect. Though I was expecting something in a completely different vein, these were so much more appropriate. It was heartbreaking to see how much these simple accessories that everyone takes so much for granted meant to Clark.

The flying scene was just perfect--his trepidation warring with anticipation and her total lack of fear in favor of excitement. I was almost cheering when Clark actually volunteered to fly back on his own to look for roadblocks, and I laughed out loud when Lois realized how fast he was.

And the concluding realization--or reminder--that he loved Lois was so sweet and is definitely leading to more that I know I'm going to absolutely love.

Thanks so much--I can't wait for more!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm having so much fun reading this story, but doing such a lame job of telling you, Corrina frown .

I found this part special, because I could feel Clark starting to believe. In Lois. In himself as a normal guy. I think it's there, in his willingness to share with Lois this first flight after seven long years. In his awe at Lois's easy acceptance, but also in his own acceptance of her reaction.

They're flying. Way faster than an airplane. But it feels as if they'd just talken a walk to the closest atm.

Loving it, even if I don't say it enough.

Cris
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hmm, so it seems to me that if I ask for something in the feedback thread, then our fair author responds with it in the next section... this could be fun. Ok, next I'd like... laugh

FLYING - woohoo! thumbsup

Can't wait for more.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Peeking in for more peep

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Evelyn Flying, working together ... it's sounding a bit like canon eek

Laura Thanks for your enthusiasm, Laura. I hope to post Part 7 tomorrow.

Iolanthe Yeah, the flying makes it definitive. Lois doesn't seem terribly fazed though!

Kathy
I know how hard this is for Clark
little by little
Very true.

MozartMaid The gifts - I was a little surprised that no one guessed before I posted. Perhaps others were thinking romantically, and I was thinking practically. wink

Vicki I think I've said this before - but it's always a smile1 moment for me when someone gets the reasoning that is hovering just below the surface.

DW Again - thanks for seeing that the wallet and watch were far more than mere items.

AntiK I want to reply, but everything I decide to say is just too close to posting a spoiler. Thanks for the comments!

Cristina So glad you're still reading.

Lois Lane can probably wear down anything - even Clark's distrust and uncertainty about the future.

Michael

Wonder how long it took him to realize that flying fast isn't always a good idea
I think he's already realised it - but he's a gentleman!

Emily

Hmm, so it seems to me that if I ask for something in the feedback thread, then our fair author responds with it in the next section... this could be fun. Ok, next I'd like..
Yes? wink

Huge thanks to everyone. For reasons that aren't clear to me, the output has slowed the past couple of days huh Your FDK is very encouraging and keeps me plugging away, even when the words aren't flowing.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Laura smacks your muse around a bit! hyper I am looking forward to seeing the next post!

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved the gifts! very practical and necessary. I think Clark is going to have to do several days of simply observing people to re-acquaint himself with how normal folks live/move/speak/etc. I love that Lois is there with him to interpret!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Corrina wave

I'm reading with a baby in my lap, though I don't always have a hand free to comment.

I'm much relieved for L & C's safety now that Clark has his powers back and isn't afraid to use them.

I am concerned, though, with the idea of retaining their real identities. Assuming that Menzies and Moyne know Clark's real name, I'd feel much better if they would take new names for their new life. I guess Lois doesn't need to, since she's not under suspicion. But if Clark Kent gets any sort of public attention (say, as a reporter some day?), it will raise questions. And if Superman ever makes an appearance, it might be good to have a secret identity that's actually a secret.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Unless Moyne and Menzie's dies in a horrific accident. Then Clark is free!!!! evil

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura

Laura smacks your muse around a bit!
Good job, Laura. He behaved wonderfully today, and we got an entire chapter written!

Joy Very true about Clark needing some time to simply observe.

HappyGirl Good point about the secrecy. It is *supposed* to be a secret agency thumbsup

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sorry I'm a bit late for the party, RL is getting crazy again. grumble

But hey there's something to cheer me up, a new part of TMTY3 yay!

First of all I'm sorry to hear that Goo (that was your muses name, wasn't it?) is a bit elusive at the moment ... give him some cookies and oolong tea that should help(, if he still doesn't cooperate, well there's always duct tape laugh )

When I read the preview I thought that the first kiss comes in the next part, can't wait to see if I'm right.

The gifts were great. Just what Clark needed I think.

Their first flight ... yay. dance

It is great that Clark has improved so much in such little time, have lost the track of time but I think it is Tuesday! confused

Kathryn

Kathryn
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard