Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77248 02/12/11 08:11 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Another good chapter! For a second there, I thought you were going to have Clark cheat on Lois! shock Glad you backed away from that. wink But still, very intense scene. I love Clark's interactions with Lane, and his little prayer about making his daddy happy again was so sweet! sloppy Anyway, glad you'll be posting another part soon! I want more! laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#77249 02/12/11 01:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was intense. He did cheat. He was naked, kissing another woman with the intent to sleep with her. The woman tried things. I can only imagine what she tried. That is cheating. You don't need intercourse to cheat. Lois will have to be very understanding and forgiving. I am sure she will be. Clark needs to forgive himself, that is another story. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#77250 02/12/11 08:31 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very interesting.

LnC writers all have their different takes on Clark. Not so few writers make Clark practically flawless. He may make a few mistakes sometimes because he doesn't think things through well enough, but he would never, ever do something that he considered wrong.

Squid's Clark is much more human and fallible, and that, in my opinion, makes him more interesting. (And, of course, that makes him more like the comic book and movie Superman that I grew up with.)

I'm not exactly happy that Clark cheated on Lois (and I agree with Laura that he did). I am happy that he was physically unable to carry the thing through.

It is going to be very interesting to see Clark both as a father to Lane and a, dare we hope, husband to Lois.

Ann

#77251 02/12/11 09:25 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I reread that scene again, and I think you're right-- he cheated. Things did get a little far.

Doesn't make the scene less interesting though. A fallible Clark is indeed more interesting... I'm working with a very fallible Lois in my story right now, and though there are bumps, I think in the end you can create a more interesting story. I'm curious to see how SQD works this out.

And this Lois seems quite forgiving:
"*Nothing* will change how I feel about you. I love you."

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#77252 02/12/11 10:23 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwww wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#77253 02/13/11 02:01 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yay! Anther great update!

I love Lane - he is so cute and just plain adorable!

Looking forward to more!

laugh

#77254 02/13/11 05:45 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I know I haven't posted very much reaction to comments on this story (I'm famous for that hyper Somebody got it! In my opinion, Clark absolutely did not cheat! He'd broken up with Lois, she'd left him, he'd left her! There was no THEM! That's exactly why Lois was not mad or upset; she had no right to be. The night they'd made Lane was simply an outlet for the pain, with the man who understood it. They both knew it hadn't changed things at that point and they both accepted it. Hence, Clark's decision to leave. And yet, he'd given his heart to Lois so long ago and yes, what he'd done with Zara felt like he'd betrayed Lois. That's why he eventually came home. clap

SQD (who's off to post another part)

#77255 02/13/11 05:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm just worried that he might have hurt her when he grabbed her wrist. Does he have unconscious control? Or is he not yet re-powered?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard