Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
They began eating and the silence stretched uneasily. "How's your shoulder?" Lois asked after a few mouthfuls.

"Fine. I hardly notice it."

"Could you feel the implant when it was there? Does it feel different now that it's gone?"

"Yeah," Clark said. "I got used to it being there, and it feels a bit strange now that it's missing."

"Has the wound knitted together?"

"Totally. There's nothing but a faint line. It'll probably be gone by tomorrow."

She wondered if he'd offer to show her, but he didn't. "And the exposure to the rods? Any lingering effects?"

"No. I can feel my strength coming back."

Lois hesitated to voice the next question that popped into her mind, but she really wanted Clark's extra abilities to be something they could discuss freely. "Can you lift off the ground yet?"
Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay another part!!!

It seems that Clark's mental health seems to have improved quite a lot!

"Would you like me to do it?" Clark asked.
Even if it only shows when Lois and Clark are alone. He regains his self-confidencs in small steps.

If only Lois was safe ... Nothing else mattered.
Does that mean Scardino has developed feelings for Lois ... I have already thought about that several times ... I mean feelings a superior (I don't know if that's the right word I mean someone with a higher rank) isn't allowed to have for a subordinate?
If that's the case I sense additional problems in Lois and Clarks future...

Scardino said as, in his mind, the path opened up before him and the way ahead crystallised.
Ok now I'm curious...

If the prisoner had never been dangerous, what had happened here was repugnant.
... Yes ...

It wouldn't right the wrongs, but it would allow for the possibility of a fresh start.
YES smile

The cost of Trask's delusion would be seven years - not a lifetime.
Aww, this sentence stuck with me, great!

I love how Scardino and Shadbolt become "partners in crime". laugh

It left her free to return to her life. If she knew that he was happy and settled on the farm with his mom, she could return to something like her former life.
grumble

But it seemed very little stopped Lois Lane when she had decided to do something.
laugh laugh laugh Um, yes sounds like Lois Lane ...

"Could we talk?"
Yes, talk is good ... I think ... depending on the subject ...

Awesome!!! This whole part was really ....wow! laugh (Sorry but I couldn't find a word to describe it better) laugh

Kathryn
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
"If you're going to cover for Lois, I'll stay and help you," Shadbolt said without hesitation.
Swoon!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Terrific part!! clap notworthy jump

EvelynC
Blogger
Blogger
This was a great chapter that sure revealed Scardino's and Shadbolt's loyalty to Lois probably more than any previous ones. I sure am curious how they will try to contact Lois to let her know that they will (or at least are trying at this point to) fool Menzies. I guess maybe Scardino will track Sam's car to Lois. I just hope Lois doesn't completely freak out if/when that happens.

Besides, I wonder for how long this plan will fool Menzies and potentially Moyne. Plus, where did Moyne go? He must have something under his sleave - reveange perhaps?

Have a great day while I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Thank you! I liked how Scardino and Shadbolt took Lois's side. I love the cover up. I am so glad Menzes is stuck with his wife and could not check up on things. I hope he lets it go when he sees the ashes. Moyne on the other hand should get his but good. It is a good idea to leave a message with Sam Lane. Hopefully if she pops in to see him via Superman she will get the good news and they can go back to a real life. Yippie! good all around including the hug. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
So glad Shadbolt and Scardino are willing to help Lois and work together! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yay, an update dance

I really don't want to repeat everything everyone has said so far, except for the fact that this was a great part, even though much of it focused on Scardino and Shadbolt.

I wonder how Scardino is going to let Lois know everything is ok and that they can start their lives over, without him hunting them down. This part was really well-written and it was great that they became "partners in crime" (a really apt description wink ). However, Menzies and Moyne still worry me.

I love that Clark is finally becoming more of himself, even though the future (as he sees it) is uncertain regarding Lois.

Looking forward to more (as always)!

laugh

Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, so much happened in this chapter! I feel like story just took a giant leap forward. Well done. thumbsup

Scardino: I, too, wondered from his thoughts and words if he had started to develop feelings for Lois. Not in a way that he would act on -- if he thought our Lois had barriers up, this Lois had solid walls -- but in a vague 'meant to be' kind of way. But you kept in vague enough that it could just be his guilt over not being the kind of leader he knew he should have been for the last two years.

Shadbolt: Oh, Shadbolt, you big lunk, Corrina has made you one of my favorites. Love how he and Scardino are working together to protect Lois. I also love seeing the logical leaps they are both making about Lois's situation as they put the pieces together. They are both good agents, despite their recent laziness, and it's good to see that.

Menzies: "Too competent"? Yikes, didn't see that coming. I'm glad he's distracted by his wife's illness so he's not looking too closely at anything yet. But does he doubt all his agents, or does he have a specific reason to think Scardino couldn't follow this order? What in his past interactions with Scardino would make him interpret "I've done everything you said to do" as "Something isn't right"?

Moyne being AWOL: Arrrrrrrrgh!! I guess it will better for all concerned if Moyne (and Menzies?) can be disposed of in such a way that gives Lois and Clark solid proof that he's really gone (and thus no witnesses left to stop them from eventually resuming their true identities), but ... Arrrrrrgh!

Lois & Clark: Loving Lois in the story just so, so much. Love the strong, uber-competent agent with the heart of gold. It makes the story a lot of fun, knowing that Clark is as safe as he possibly can be while they're on the run. And I really like their conversation at the end of the chapter, where she gently but clearly explains to him that she really needs to him to snap out of his daze and work with her. Being productive and learning how to make his way in the world again is going to be far better for his mental health than any amount of wallowing, and Lois found the perfect way to get through to him. Great job!

More, please. smile

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Five miles out of the town, Lois turned onto a smaller road, and a minute later she stopped the Buick. She reached into her bag and withdrew an Indiana license plate.

Clark's mouth fell open.
Yeah, I can just see his expression: "Lois! You can't do that! That's *illegal*!"

She nodded. "He told me that the filling station on the edge of town possibly ran a side business that could prove useful. Easy."

"Easy," Clark echoed.
'Easy' == eek help What have I gotten myself into now? eek help Out of the frying pan and into the fire. eek help

Scardino dragged the blanket from the skeleton and bent low to examine the feet. The bones were strung together with wire.

So, this *wasn't* the body of the alien after having undergone a bizarre post-death purging. Who knew what was typical for beings from other planets?
clap

Can't wait for 5!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Can I just cut & paste what everyone else has said? Because, yes, that is exactly what I was thinking.

Scardino does seem to be crushing on Lois, but then that is canon, plus it's been obvious since they first met. It seems innocent enough, though. In fact, it seems to be working to their benefit, so I'm not overly concerned.

I *am* concerned about Moyne, though! shock

I, too, am hearting Shadbolt.

But mostly, I'm hearting Lois & Clark. love

I'd been waiting for a "snap out of it!" moment, wondering how long it would be before it came. She handled it much more diplomatically than I would have. laugh

Loving this story!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
As those before me have said, this part was most excellent!

I am loving Scardino and Shadbolt as co-conspirators. This story thread has gone in a completely different direction than the doomsday scenario that I had dreamed up, and I'm so glad! laugh I liked the way Shadbolt takes Scardino logically through his thought processes about Lois and uses Trask own inconsistencies to invalidate the claims about Clark. Glad he gives her credit where credit is due. Now if only Scardino can find a way to contact Lois. So far things are turning out to be better than they could have ever hoped for. I just hope they can keep Menzies off their backs, and Moyne turns up dead in a dark corner very far away. Pretty please? laugh

And as Vicki so succintly put it, "But mostly I'm hearting Lois & Clark," and I couldn't agree more.

She gave him a soft smile. "Instead of feeling guilty about what is past, you could try to give me what I need most now," she suggested.

He released a long breath. "I probably should be able to work out what you need most - and whether that was a general comment or not ..." A shadow of his smile sprinkled joy through Lois's heart. "... but you're going to have to be specific, Lois. I'm horribly out of practice at this."

Lois chuckled as admiration and love welled inside her all over again. "I'd like you to hug me," she told him. "That's what I need."

She saw his surprise, but it was followed closely by a tiny, hesitant smile. His arms lifted, and she stepped into them.
Awh, feeling the love!

Can't wait for more.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Great part!

I am afraid that everything is going too smoothly on Scardino's end--and wow! He finally did one thing I can like! It's great that Shadbolt finally came through for us. Usually, it's Clark whose personality and strong sense of belief sway people to be on our side, so it's cool to see Lois have that same effect.

Like everyone else, I love seeing the progression of Clark's re-entry into the world. I'm glad Lois is taking it easy on him; the last thing he needs after seven years of imprisonment and torture is more pressure and criticism. I also like seeing how devoted she is and how concerned he is about her--it's so Lois & Clark!

Thanks for posting this story--I can't wait for the next part.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kathryn Re Clark's lunkheadedness - it this case I think it is justified. Sure, Lois hasn't lied to him, but for seven years there has been no one he could trust. That tends to generalise to being suspicious of all people.

Yes, talk is good
Yep - because they need to!

Amy Glad you like Shadbolt.

Evelyn

And so wonderful that Clark can return to his home, his identity, Martha can go home, too.
If it were that simple, Trail would probably only be seven parts long!

True Love

Besides, I wonder for how long this plan will fool Menzies and potentially Moyne.
Good point. Of course, it will help if Menzies' mind isn't *completely* on the job laugh

Laura

I hope he lets it go when he sees the ashes.
Even if he chose to check on the ashes, I don't think he would be able to tell that they aren't what he's been told there are!

MozartMaid

Clark, as others have stated, is making progress,
True - but I think it's realistic that it will be sporadic for a while.

DW Sorry D - I've read your comments a couple of times and anything I replied would either be repeating something I've already said or giving too much away cool

Kathy I really appreciate how much you like Shadbolt. Although I think it needed to be there, I hesitated about including so much of his backstory. However, without it, his change of heart towards Lois - from initial hostility to staunch support - wouldn't have seemed realistic.

Michael

Yeah, I can just see his expression: "Lois! You can't do that! That's *illegal*!"
Yep!

Vicki So ... it seems Shadbolt, Lois and Clark get a tick/check, Moyne and Menzies get a cross, and Scardino gets a question mark - interesting! wink

Emily

I liked the way Shadbolt takes Scardino logically through his thought processes
I'm so glad they seemed logical.

So far things are turning out to be better than they could have ever hoped for.
After seven years of torture and imprisonment for Clark and the tragedy of losing her friend and partner for Lois, I figured they needed things going their way.

AntiK

Usually, it's Clark whose personality and strong sense of belief sway people to be on our side, so it's cool to see Lois have that same effect.
Yeah, good point.

Thanks to you all for continuing to read and give such encouraging FDK. smile
Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Corrina,

I didn't mean it to sound as if no barriers were left, but that there is so much to be hoped for that we didn't think were at all possible before; but now, thanks to Scardino and Shadbolt, the possibilities, no matter how remote, are there.

Yay! thumbsup

EvelynC
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for the clarification, Evelyn. I sort of knew what you meant, but now it's very clear thumbsup

I try to keep it brief when replying to FDK so I don't give too much away. This is particularly true with regards to future developments in the plot. smile

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard