Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77031 02/02/11 09:22 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
peep So there you have it... Lois' confession to Clark. How did I handle it? I'm afraid to ask though I still want to know what you think! Tank, I hope I'm living up to your idea of not glossing over things...

Thanks for reading! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Features Writer
Features Writer
This story has been quite intriguing so far. I hate seeing Lois so broken, but it's also good to know that killing people has long-reaching consequences.

I love how Clark is there for her, and how he instantly knew that it was the people forcing her to the decision that were to blame, not Lois. Lois still has to deal with her own guilt, but at least she doesn't have to worry about Clark being revolted by her.

I love the line where he says he'll be there for her just because. It reminded me of the episode where he tells Lois his love for her is forever just because (paraphrased, of course).

Looking forward to the next part!

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm glad Lois confessed to Clark and that you're not glossing over what she did. That it will never easily be forgotten.

Love Lois' fascination with the blur!

Joan

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I am also glad that Lois confessed to Clark, but I think that she still has a long way to go in dealing with her guilt and coming to acceptance with her decision to protect her family and herself rather than letting them kill her.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, wow, she babbled out clap And since you mentioned 20 parts, I'm guessing it will be a long time before Clark tells her his secret. And what will she make of that. Besides 'He doesn't trust me. And he's right to because of my past and because I'm unlovable.' Oh dear. Oh dear. And what about The Blur. Is Perry going to lose his trust in her abilities or sanity? What's next?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm glad she told Clark about her time as an assassin. Maybe Clark figured it out anyway because she shot him, but I'm glad she came clean with him anyway. Is it in character for him to accept Lois in spite of the horrible things she has done? It could be. Like she told him, she was forced. Of course she could have refused to do what they demanded of her and just let them kill her. I'm glad that he accepts her anyway. However, I think it is naïve not to realize that a person is going to be changed in some way after spending two years as an assassin.

And now Lois is set on finding out who that amazing "superman" is. Clark won't tell her, because he doesn't fully trust her yet, which I sympathize with.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds!

Ann

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
AntiKryptonite
I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far!
I love the line where he says he'll be there for her just because. It reminded me of the episode where he tells Lois his love for her is forever just because (paraphrased, of course).
Yes, that was definitely in the back of my mind. smile

scifiJoan
I'm glad Lois confessed to Clark and that you're not glossing over what she did. That it will never easily be forgotten.
No, it won't. And I'm glad you like how I'm handling it -- it's been tricky! wink
Love Lois' fascination with the blur!
Yay! Me too! smile

DW
I think that she still has a long way to go
Yes she does.

Darth Michael
And since you mentioned 20 parts,
Did I? blush Honestly that was my goal, but I've ended up making my parts much longer than usual. I do have a rough estimate, though I've been toying with tossing in one more plot twist that might push me beyond my expected chapter count. /whispering in your ear/ maybe 15-17?

TOC
Is it in character for him to accept Lois in spite of the horrible things she has done? It could be.
This has been one of my challenges with this fic -- how to make it believable that Clark can still love her in spite of what she's done. This is one reason I chose Alt-Clark -- I feel like he is just a little more fallible than our Clark, because he has his own guilt to deal with. I may be stretching it a bit, but I hope it makes sense in the end!

Next part's up! Thanks for reading and leaving FDK! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, Lois told Clark the truth. I'm glad she trusts him enough to do that.

He pulled her tighter to his chest.
“I’m glad they didn’t kill you, Lois... You’re not a killer. You did what you had to survive, like a soldier, in a war. I wish you hadn’t had to kill, but I know you’re not a killer.”
I'm wondering about this line though. Is Clark excusing (well, not excusing excusing, but you know what I mean) her behavior to make her feel better or to justify to himself that he can still love a woman who has done such bad things.

Perry patted her gently on the shoulder. “We can’t go looking like a gossip rag, printing something with not much to back it up. I’m sorry, honey. But you’re gonna have to find something more solid that I can print.”
Thank you, Perry, for not letting me down. smile1

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard