Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76928 01/28/11 10:28 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks again to my most awesome betas, Corrina and IolantheAlias! You rock!! notworthy

Feedback welcome! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Blogger
Blogger
Very interesting chapter... Lois saw a "helpful blur" save her sister and wants to find out more about it. Not only that, but she also saw the bullet and I'm sure will be thinking more about it and possibly in the context of this super powered being as well - at least at some point.

Can't wait to find out more. Next chapter, please! smile1

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I love that both Lois and Clark have such serious secrets. Love that Clark resisted Lois' advances. I'm sure he didn't want to, but he's not the type of guy to take advantage of a situation.

It's interesting to see "Superman" evolving:

He had to think of something, some way to help, some sort of disguise maybe, that would help Clark Kent be entirely disassociated from the helpful blur that Lois was about to tell all of Metropolis existed.
Joan

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooh! The plot thickens nicely. And a new twist on creating Superman brews! Can't wait to see where you take this. smile1

EvelynC
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
After their marathon call of her contacts, Lois flipped on the television, giving Clark time to do some surreptitious speed-reading. He concluded that Lois was going through Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which was common for war veterans. And he knew she needed to talk about it in order to move on, but she was as tight-lipped as an oyster. So instead, he’d decided that for now, he would just take care of her as best he could, earn her trust, and see where things went from there.
Oh boy. Plus, I do wonder how Lois will react once she figures out she's being handled.

“I want to see the Boss--- whoever he is--- behind bars, for one! I want to be sure my family is safe... and... I want... I want...” She suddenly hurled herself at him, kissing him fiercely. “I want you,” she whispered in his ear, sending shivers of pleasure up his spine.[/quoteeek Huh, I thought they were going to take things slowly.
[quote]He regretfully pulled away from her, trying not to let the hurt in her eyes change his mind.

“I’m sorry, Lois. I—we can’t. Not—yet,” he said, his breathing ragged.
Oh, boy. Oh, boy!

She nodded, not looking at him, but started buttoning her blouse and moving away from him. “No, you’re right, Clark. It was a mistake... I---I--- think I’m going out for a bit,” she said suddenly, grabbing *his* jacket as she headed to the door.
Oh, boy. Is she going to run away?

She wanted to pay him back somehow, and well, what other currency was there for a woman without a dime to her name?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, so this is alt-Clark, whose parents were killed when he was ten? But he is not married to Lana yet? Good! Really good! And he is not Superman yet? But Lois will see to it that he becomes the Man in Blue? But Lois, whatever you do, don't make Clark tell the world that he and the super guy are one and the same!

And what will Lois make of that bullet, now that she knows that there is a superpowered man around? Will she conclude that Clark is in fact the man with the powers?

If so, it is a good thing that she likes Clark and wants to be with him! Looking forward to more of this.

Ann

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Another strong instalment. The relationship building between the two secretive and defensive individuals is compelling and interesting to watch.

Still I'm afraid that the backstory that you set up is going to derail any chance at a happy ever after, or even a reasonably 'happy' ending.

This is the last time I'm going to bring this up in comments on this story because I don't want to be too negative about a story that in every other aspect is very well done. But I afraid that Lois' past as an assasin for the bad guys is going to be glossed over and dismissed as 'she was forced to'. That doesn't cut it.

Lois doesn't have the moral high ground that she only killed bad guys. She doesn't have the excuse that she killed in self-defense even though she was threatened into doing the deed because the victim of her attack wasn't the one who was the threat to her.

Bottom line is... this Lois Lane is a murderer and there has to be an accounting for that.

Tank (who will still be reading this story to see how this interesting storyline will be handled)

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Really great part and I wonder when Lois will put two and two together - Clark appeared to catch the bullet, something the guardian angel with special abilities would be able to do ...

I am glad to Clark has thought of the idea ... but who will make the suit for him? Lois?

I am also waiting to see how Lois will be able to atone for her crimes and Clark's reaction when he finds out everything.

I'll second the "next chapter, please" part laugh

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
True Love
Not only that, but she also saw the bullet and I'm sure will be thinking more about it and possibly in the context of this super powered being as well - at least at some point.
--at some point-- I'll leave it at that for now. wink

scifiJoan
I love that both Lois and Clark have such serious secrets.
Me too. I've been wanting to write a story that puts more at risk for both of them for quite a while...

It's interesting to see "Superman" evolving
I'm glad. smile I hope you like where I take it cool

EvelynC
Oooh! The plot thickens nicely. And a new twist on creating Superman brews! Can't wait to see where you take this.
I'm glad you are enjoying it! smile1

Darth Michael
Oh, wait, there's no Superman in this world yet?
/whistles casually/

Clark knows about Lois's past with guns and now Lois knows and Lois knows something's weird and now Clark knows she knows
Um... I think I follow that--yes! smile

TOC
Oh, so this is alt-Clark, whose parents were killed when he was ten? But he is not married to Lana yet? Good! Really good!
Yes, I thought it would be more interesting to use Alt-Clark in this context. Lana will remain a background figure--never cared for her anyway. wink

But Lois will see to it that he becomes the Man in Blue?
Not giving that away yet cool

Tank
But I afraid that Lois' past as an assasin for the bad guys is going to be glossed over and dismissed as 'she was forced to'. That doesn't cut it.
You have a valid argument... in some ways I regret starting with the premise I did from Mr. & Mrs. Smith--in that Lois was an assassin. But it has evolved into the story you have before you. I am doing my best not to deal with it too lightly, but I wonder what outcome you would prefer? And it is just a fic--hope you don't judge me or it too harshly!

DW
I am glad to Clark has thought of the idea ... but who will make the suit for him? Lois?

I am also waiting to see how Lois will be able to atone for her crimes and Clark's reaction when he finds out everything.
Who will make the suit... you'll have to stay tuned!

Yes, Lois has a lot to atone for. I hope you guys find it plausible and satisfying how I end up dealing with it all.

Anyway, thanks for the comments everyone! Next part will be up by tomorrow!
wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is quite an involved story and I'm sitting at the edge of my seat, wondering what's going to happen next. I agree with Tank, I don't know how you will resolve the whole "Lois is a murderer" thread, because I can't see Clark living happily ever after with someone like that, even if she was forced into it and even if she is 'his' Lois.

Also, her whole idea about the blur Superhero, I just can't see Perry going for that as a story. Not enough facts, too much conjecture (that wouldn't stop Lois from investigating though).

I love you alt-Clark, but then I'm an ol' softy for a good alt-Clark. thumbsup He's such a sweetie. laugh

Poor Lois thinking that the only thing she has to offer is her body. mecry

I have a few more minutes before my family notices I've snuck away to check the computer, so I think I'll read another part. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard