Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Scardino was nervous.

The moment he opened the door of his office, Lois knew that he was nervous.

"Ms Lane," he said in a choked-off voice.

His nervousness confirmed Lois's suspicion. This was the end. They were taking her from the operation. Her focus now had to be about ensuring they allowed her one final shift.

Scardino sat on his side of the desk and fidgeted with a pen before gathering enough poise to look in her direction.

"Is this about your meeting with Menzies?" Lois asked.

Scardino took a moment to compose his reply. "It's about the outcome of that meeting," he admitted.

Yup, Menzies had ordered her removal.
Many thanks to the person - you know who you are, but I'm not sure if you want it publicised - who helped me with the medical terms and what I would need for some field surgery. clap

And Jonas is Iolanthe's improvement on my original idea.

Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whoooooeeeeeee! smile1

Hope you have a wonderful vacation! wave

EvelynC
Blogger
Blogger
One simple operation coming up - watch out Clark! At least Lois seems to know a bit about operations thanks to her dad being a doctor and all. And then once they're out of there, place the skeleton in Clark's place to give them more time before being discovered - genius!

I can't wait to find out what Scardino thinks about making the whole operation disappear as if it never existed. Will he help Lois? Or is he too afraid to go against Menzies's orders?

I'm looking for the next part and I hope you have a great vacation!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was a wonderful surprise tonight. The I love yous were great! I am so glad she thinks on her feet. Her good bye to her Dad was sad but I am so glad she got to do it. I am so looking forward to how it all plays out. Thanks for posting early. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
so anxious to see how it plays out and so relieved to see that your Lois is thinking on her feet!

Top Banana
Top Banana
"Your words touch me."
Lovely. This reminded me of 'Don't Tug on Superman's Cape' when they were in the cages, only the sentiment is flipped. Lovely little scene here. smile

You're really good at filling in details on secondary characters so they are relatable and interesting. Filling in the details about Shadbolt's family was nicely done. thumbsup

but I honestly believe that whenever we had met, we would have fallen in love. We are meant to be together. I want to be with him. And I believe he wants to be with me."
And this is why we have endless fodder for fanfic. Two soulmates finding each other, over and over. *sigh* twins

Awww... nice scene with her father...

Hmmm, her choice of supplies were interesting. I liked 'Jonas,' though uncertain what she's planning with that one... and I guess Lois is going to do surgery on the thing Trask put in Clark! eek But what other choice is there?

And we'll get the end of this book rather quickly! Yay!!
party

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I know-- Jonas can be the bones they find from the burned-out remains of the building, so they think Clark did die in the fire and won't ever look for him and of course no records will be available. But could Moyne recognize him if he ever saw him again, as he did see him when he was first captured? But perhaps Moyne is so far removed now he will never return to the States... hyper We're ready! dance

EvelynC
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh man - Loved it! All the pieces are really falling into place. The morning exchange b/t Lois and Clark was wonderful. I love that their 'I love you's were said through the window and that he floated up to her (we/she hadn't seen him do that yet right?). That was the sweetest scene ever. And of course she didn't mean to say it right then, but it came out anyway - so very Lois.

The scene with her father was both heart warming and sad. I don't know what's in store, but I hope they'll make it back to the nursing home for Sam to meet Clark one of these days. I loved his unwavering support for Lois - it obviously meant a lot to her. And the last bit was too cute... Dad, can I borrow the car? laugh

And the preparations, yikes! She's ready for surgery. Exposing Clark to Kryponite enough to do surgery, if that is the plan, is extremely worrisome b/c he won't have his powers to help them escape. Is there another way? I say, self-surgery with heat vision!

I'm wracking my brain to figure out her need for Jonas, and I've got nothing. I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us there.

I am so thankful that we are getting the next 2 parts soon (feel free to remind me that I said so, when I'm whining about the cliffhanger that I'm certain awaits us at the end of 25), I can't imagine being left at this point for a whole week!

A most excellent update. Cannot wait for more!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awww... that scene at the window was so sweet. hyper

Cheers
Elizabeth

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was a really great set-up!

I loved the part with Lois and Sam! It was really sweet.

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, what they said.

You are wonderfully creative, Corrina, and not shy about making major changes in cannon, which makes your stories new and interesting. I'm very much enjoying Lois's relationship with Sam. And the fact that Lois is an experienced secret agent makes her quick thinking and intricate plotting believable in a way that it wouldn't be even for an intrepid reporter.

BTW, I had to smile earlier when you sent her to Smallville disguised as a reporter. wink

Michelle

This *is* my happily ever after.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

When she wasn't with him, her world faded to sepia.
Nice touch. Not black or white. Or gray, for that matter, but sepia.

"I love you," she repeated.

Then, she remembered. She was supposed to be waiting for him to take the lead.

"I'm sorry, Clark. I should have -"

His head shook wildly, and his mouth formed the word 'no'. She continued watching his mouth.

"I love you, Lois."
The window-scene was really cute and this was hyper

She scurried back into her father's study and walked up to Jonas, the skeleton her dad had inherited from his uncle, who had been an orthopaedic surgeon.
Hmm... is she going to burn the skeleton in order to leave a body? But won't the metal clips holding the bones together be a giveaway?

/rushes to part 24/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Evelyn I'm glad all the developments aren't off-putting and confusing. I like the longer parts - it feels like the story is moving forward.

And your later post ... Jonas and fire - a lot of people seem to want them to go together. huh

True Love The operation was simple once he was vulnerable.

Scardino ... all I'm saying is that we haven't seen the last of him.

Laura The 'I love yous' - I liked the thought of them saying it through glass with Clark dangling. This hasn't really been a 'normal' romance by any stretch, so I figured it was OK to do some things differently.

Joy I see Lois as having dozens of half-formed ideas in her head at all times. As the situation changes, she takes the most likely idea/s and develops them accordingly.

MozartMaid

And this is why we have endless fodder for fanfic. Two soulmates finding each other, over and over. *sigh*
So true. smile

Emily

No we/she hadn't seen Clark float that high before.

I can't imagine being left at this point for a whole week!
That's precisely why I finished the story before the long break laugh

Elizabeth Some of your speculation has been answered, some of it hasn't, but you're spot on. And some is going to take some time.

DW I enjoyed writing Sam as a nicer character than the distant father.

Happy

not shy about making major changes in cannon
I see canon as a lolly shop/candy store - it's all good, but you don't need all of it at once!

For me, Clark needs to be a man of integrity, Lois needs to be determined and capable, and there needs to be an undeniable attraction between them. Everything else is fair game.

However, I'm really grateful to all the FoLCs who so willingly accept my changes to canon.

Michael

Bonding.
Exactly. smile

And you're right about the metal clips/wire, too, Michael. wink

Many thanks to everyone for responding.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard