Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76765 01/20/11 09:10 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I just couldn't leave things where they were for a whole week... the last part was so dark. Hope this shines a little hope on things. smile

Thanks again to Corrina, my beta reader, who has been awesome helping me with point of view. She also gave me a few phrases that I kept in this part. You get extra points if you can pick them out. wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#76766 01/20/11 01:34 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Great part! Loved it! You were certainly right - this part was by far more hopeful than part 3 with all that "gloom and doom." goofy

I know a lot of people commented in the previous parts about how Lois could have been forced/fooled/coerced into killing 7 men on the basis that "The Boss" or his henchmen will kill her family and friends. Obviously, that is not a choice most people would want to bargain on. But to me the premise seems realistic (certainly for the fanfic world in which Lois gets into various types of trouble on a daily basis). Also, I kind of think that even though Lois was ordered to kill men by the so called "bad guys" who are in the business of a gun running operation, I think there is still room to believe that not every men Lois had to kill were absolutely honest and nice guys. They might have been competition or somehow otherwise involved in the black market.

Anyhow, I can't wait for the next chapter. It'll be interesting to see how a married Lois/Linda behaves around Clark. Will she try to get a job? Or will they both focus on catching The Boss? (Lex Luthor, right?)

I'll be here waiting for the next chapter. BRAVO! clap

#76767 01/20/11 02:07 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Yeah! Clark knows who Linda really is! And they're back in Metropolis.

This line cracked me up:

I’m pretty sure I learned all of your secrets the night we made love,” she said, her voice sultry and low.
How ironic that Lois doesn't realize just how safe she is with Clark.

#76768 01/20/11 03:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Always good to have the "fake" marriage! It allows for so much drama and angst and comedy too.

Can't wait for more.

#76769 01/20/11 05:12 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice job! Looking forward to more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#76770 01/20/11 05:35 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey, great chapter!

I can see that Lois really thought she had no choice either way! But how you will ever credibly make it so those murders don't haunt her the rest of her life, I cannot fathom. dance

EvelynC
#76771 01/20/11 07:16 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great part! I'm glad they are getting married - even if it only a "faked" marriage! Aaah, Lois, you won't want to get out of it. But I wonder, will Clark hide his Superman identity from her and will Lois go ballistic when she finds out?

Ann

#76772 01/21/11 06:00 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
True Love
But to me the premise seems realistic (certainly for the fanfic world in which Lois gets into various types of trouble on a daily basis).
I'm glad you can see it working... I was worried I got too heavy with the topic--but it simply wouldn't come out light-heartedly, no matter how pretty Angelina Jolie looks toting a gun (since the premise was from Mr. & Mrs. Smith)
Also, I kind of think that even though Lois was ordered to kill men by the so called "bad guys" who are in the business of a gun running operation, I think there is still room to believe that not every men Lois had to kill were absolutely honest and nice guys.
Yes, I think that's fair to assume.

Anyhow, I can't wait for the next chapter. It'll be interesting to see how a married Lois/Linda behaves around Clark. Will she try to get a job? Or will they both focus on catching The Boss? (Lex Luthor, right?)
Won't give away too much, but yes, the Boss is who you think he is, though he will remain in the shadows for quite some time yet...

Glad you're enjoying the story! smile

scifiJoan
How ironic that Lois doesn't realize just how safe she is with Clark.
That's exactly the point. smile

IolantheAlias
Always good to have the "fake" marriage! It allows for so much drama and angst and comedy too.
Hopefully you'll get all of the above in the coming parts!

Laurach
Glad you are enjoying the fic!

EvelynC
Thanks for sticking with me!
But how you will ever credibly make it so those murders don't haunt her the rest of her life, I cannot fathom.
She may never make up for them, but she can certainly try and do the right thing from here forward.

"Well, we knew she had killer looks."
Good one wink

TOC
will Clark hide his Superman identity from her and will Lois go ballistic when she finds out?
All I'm saying is, the story is built on secrets cool

Thanks for the feedback, guys! wave I was worried there for a moment that you wouldn't forgive the darker side of this fic, so thanks for sticking with me! Next part I hope to have up by Tuesday, maybe Wednesday at the latest.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#76773 01/23/11 12:33 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

“Linda, do you have any sort of... passport?” he asked, realizing he would need one to buy her ticket.
Oops?

She mutely shook her head, that vulnerable look was on her face again, as her eyes went wide stirring the protective streak in him.
Doe yes. Right. She could really use them in her business.

“Two years,” she whispered so low, he almost needed his super-hearing to hear it.

That stopped him. <<Two years was how long Lois Lane had been gone...>>
/taps foot impatiently/

“How did you know?” he asked.
Okay, still a bit slow.

“Uh, yeah, in the airport. Let’s go. While you make use of the facilities, I’ll see what I can do about getting an American home without a passport.”
How about a crate?

Clark suddenly had an idea. It was a little risky... if she woke up while they were flying, he’d have some difficult questions to answer.
clap Clever solution to the conundrum notworthy

He needn’t have worried though, as like a child who wakes up when the car stops moving after a long trip, Lois slowly came to when they got to his apartment. Clark laid her gently on his bed as she fitfully began to wake up.
laugh
But he's going to be in for some tough questions once she's up to counting hours and days. Unless she's no idea which day it was back in the Congo.

He suddenly smiled, “Why don’t we get married?“ he said through a laugh, echoing his thoughtless yet totally genuine proposal after their first night together “—I mean, *pretend* to get married. Just until you can figure out who this Boss is and we can figure out how to deal with him.”
Interesting. And I like the suggestions in here about fake marriage troubles laugh So, do you mean pretend as in announce they're married but let them live in sin or get them officially married but not let them have any nookie?

So, I know this was not a dark part, but since this was such a waffy ending you can't really leave us on such a bouncy high for an entire week, now can you? wink

Michael

PS:
Lois nodded, although she looked uncertain.
/Whispers/ You slipped a 'Lois' in there smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#76774 01/24/11 02:38 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was great! I loved that Lois admitted to Clark who she really is and that they are now going to pretend to be married!

Cannot wait to see where you will go with this!

smile

#76775 01/26/11 09:06 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Darth Michael
Your responses always crack me up--on my story or anyone's. I thank you for the entertainment they bring. hyper

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard