Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
It seems almost obligatory for every writer of L&C fanfic to write a spin-off of TOGoM -- it almost seems like a rite of passage. This story is my way of correcting something that has always bugged me about the episode. I guess now I am officially an L&C fanfic author. wink

I plan to have an EOD posting schedule.

As always, all feedback welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful start. Looking forward to Clark ending up in the hospital and the Kents coming to visit him and running into Lois with her anti Clark clone mindset.

Should be fun.

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
What a fabulous premise for a story! It never occurred to me before to look at it that way, but you're absolutely right. Technically, if Clark really had been "fixed" by Superman, he'd be a clone.

I can't wait to see where you go with this! clap

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh what a great story!!!!

Boy, Clark is going to be in trouble when the truth comes out!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Interesting premise, that's for sure. Enjoying your story and ready for more. Funny, I always just thought that Superman could have "grown" Clark just whatever organs the bullets "hit" and not have to be a whole new clone, but I like this angle a lot, especially keen to see your progression and conclusion. smile1

EvelynC
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Evelyn, firstly, just growing Clark's organs is a decent idea, but not good for Lynn's premise. wink

Lynn, this is an original take on TOGOM and I'm looking forward to seeing where you take us.

I wonder if Lois' more compassionate side will cut in and she will begin to feel some sympathy with C.C. She empathised with the original clone in Vatman, though he hadn't taken Clark's place.

Nevertheless, perhaps she will come to see that the situation isn't C.C.'s fault either.

What she will do when she finds out the truth, if she does, should prove very interesting. smile

Can't wait to find out what happens next.

Yours Jenni

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hey Lynn. I was always bothered a little by the "clone" situation. Its fun to read your take on it. :-)

I heart Clark Kent.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I agree with every one else - great premise! Can't wait to see how you develop this!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree! Interesting premise... also wondering how you will work this because if Clark gets the K-bomb, he'll lose his powers (and potentially more!). So if the issue becomes forced, how would he prove he's Superman after whatever repercussions from the K-bomb if he eventually thinks he should reveal the truth? I'm getting ahead of myself... :p I'll shut up now and enjoy where you take us! laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi all,

First, a general comment: My thanks to all who have taken the time to leave feedback. I am finding it fascinating to see the different directions people are thinking the story might go. Since this is one of the few multi-part stories I have posted, this is a fairly new experience for me. Some of the speculation is closer to what I have written than others, but I think any one of the paths mentioned could make for an interesting story.

Now on to the specific FDK FDK:

Patrick, I like your idea. No comments on whether such a scene will be in the story.

Sue, I am such an admirer of your work that I am especially pleased and honoured that you are enjoying my story. smile

Bellarase, I don't think I am giving too much away by saying that the truth will out eventually, and Clark isn't looking forward to it happening!

Evelyn, what you suggest would have made a better cover story for Clark; but -- as Jenni pointed out -- had he used it on the show, this story would never have been written. But since Clark claimed that Superman followed Hamilton's procedures, I'm not sure how that would have worked. Hamilton presumably didn't just grow specific organs, since he had been working with decades-old corpses. I am assuming that he would have to have just harvested some cells from the bodies and then have grown entire clones.

Jenni, I know you were one of the first members to join the MB and have read a *lot* of the fanfic here. I am delighted that you indicated my take was original. I haven't read anything like it, but there is just so much TOGoM-related fiction out there, much of which I have yet to read, that I had figured someone would have done something like it before.

Jen, nice to see that I wasn't the only one who felt that the show left a major loose end here.

Joan, thanks for coming aboard for the ride. smile

MozartMaid, I think that at least some of your questions will be answered in part two, which I hope to post shortly.

Joy,
Lynn

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Very original story idea given all of the TOGoM fics that have been done. clap

That part of the show always had me confused and wondering as well, but I never really thought about it (and the implications).

Looking forward to the next part and where this will go.

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
What an interesting premise. Like DW, I never really thought about the specifics. If I had, I think I would have said that the professor used some unspecified steps from his cloning procedure to make Clark's dead body good as new - maybe with new organs as Evelyn said, or just new or revived tissue. It never occurred to me that Clark was telling Lois he had a brand-new, recently cloned body. hmmmm. As I say, very interesting. (and well written)

looking forward to reading what happens next.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard