Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76675 01/17/11 05:04 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So Michael, you got your way! wink It was ready to go, so what the hey, I posted!

This was a very intense chapter to write. So... can there be redemption for Lois?

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#76676 01/17/11 08:03 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Can there be redemption for Lois? Redemption is always possible if someone truly wants to atone for what they did. However, in many ways it would be better to choose death that to kill others as Lois has, if you believe as I do that death is not the end, not the worst fate one can face.

But there is no way that this will not haunt her the rest of her life; you have given her hell for the rest of her days over this, no matter what comfort Clark or others try to give her. wallbash

I also don't understand her belief that they would go after her family even after they killed her; doesn't make sense that she should buy that, but I guess they used her terror well, somewhat like brain-washing, and convinced her that she didn't have a choice. confused

Whatever you have in mind, I cannot see it other than very bitter-bitter-sweet; but wait to see what you do with this.

EvelynC
#76677 01/17/11 09:54 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*yay* for the update. What a nice way to end a day. Long FDK will have to wait though smirk

As for the "going after the family": It's actually quite common in certain circles to do just that. Often, they go after the family right in front of the one they want to punish, before they punish him. It is a very effective way of establishing control through terror, because then everyone *knows* that this will happen. And a lot of people might be willing to accept their own death over helping but not the death of their loved ones.

Whether it's for Lois to be in character to do so, it's hard to say, but a lot can happen to people given the proper motivation and human nature does have a dark side. I do not know how many of us have ever been truly brought to the brink of such decision, and then chosen what we would call the "right" choice. What I do know is, that when you hear about them in story-form, the moral is, that they died following what they believed was right.

I, for one, do believe you portrayed it well and am looking forward to how you are going to tackle this subject. It is certainly wrought with potholes the size of the Arizona Meteor Crater and I would love for Lois's victims to all be the scum of the Earth. But somehow, I doubt it. The real question is, *why* did they do it? Was it Lex's way of destroying Lois, assuming he knows? Was it a way to get a disposable assassin? But then, this is the heart of Africa, and given the socio-political situation, those shouldn't be too hard to come by. So, yeah, my money is on The Boss having a hand in this.

Huh, now look at that. It's almost a complete piece of FDK in and of it self huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#76678 01/17/11 02:16 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh no, Lois has killed seven men!!! I so wish she hadn't. Can there be redemption for her? I don't know. I loved, however, how she thought she had missed when she was going to kill Clark, and how she thought that this apparent miss was her chance at redemption, and how she ran to Clark and clung to him and cried.

Ann

#76679 01/17/11 05:49 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I hope you guys will eventually forgive me for taking our beloved Lois down this darker path... I promise there's a light at the end of the tunnel. But I warned you the premise was based loosely on a hitman movie and I wasn't about to make Clark a hitman.... and I couldn't see Lois doing it without being seriously coerced. But it has been interesting writing this sort of alt-tale and definitely a challenge. I'm a person who generally avoids violence in movies and really surprised myself with this story...

EvelynC
However, in many ways it would be better to choose death that to kill others as Lois has, if you believe as I do that death is not the end, not the worst fate one can face.
In RL, yes, I do believe there is more after we die. However, if I had let Lois be killed there wouldn't be a story...

Darth Michael
I, for one, do believe you portrayed it well and am looking forward to how you are going to tackle this subject. It is certainly wrought with potholes the size of the Arizona Meteor Crater and I would love for Lois's victims to all be the scum of the Earth
Thanks. The challenge here has been not to justify Lois' actions but to see how she may have been driven to do them. About Lois' character, I ultimately think she would be a survivor and would do what she had to... And yeah, I wish too her victims had been the scum of the earth, but if the bad guys coerced her...but then again, maybe it was a thin line between the good and the bad in the Congo.

TOC
Yeah, I know 7 is shocking... I thought of reducing it, but when it comes down to it, all killing is bad and she had been there for two years. I think it could have been worse. But I'm glad you like how I wrote this scene, even if it was a difficult one to take.

OK, I promise things are going to get just a bit brighter... Hope you all stay tuned! cool

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#76680 01/18/11 02:54 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I can see how Lois might have been manipulated into becoming this person. It must have been pretty extreme circumstances. Like others have alluded, I'm having a little trouble seeing how Lois can 'come back' after crossing the threshold and doing such unspeakable acts. It will be interesting to see how you develop this.

Joan

#76681 01/18/11 04:11 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I can also see Lois being coerced into killing. If you've got no choice (especially when you really do believe that they will go after family) then doing what you are forced to do (whether voluntarily or otherwise) is what you'll do.

I am also interested to see where you will go with this and how Lois will find redemption. Maybe by what she noted that she can use those skills for good.

smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard