Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Clark rested the spoon in his empty bowl.

"Did you like it?" Lois asked. She knew he had - and she had savoured his enjoyment.

"It was delicious," Clark said as he dabbed his mouth with the napkin. "The whole meal was perfect, Lois."

"What would you like to do now?"

"Do you have any ideas?" Clark asked.

"Some," Lois said with a smile. "But I'd like your thoughts first."

He gestured to the table. "Lois, this is just so far beyond anything I ever expected to have again." He smiled with gracious appreciation. "We can do anything you'd like to do."

No. They couldn't.

"How about a movie?" Lois suggested quickly.

Surprise lit his eyes. "A movie?"

"I have a small television and a VCR in my office."
Thanks!

Corrina

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Swooning...

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome! Her reaction to the real Clark was great; I loved it! Loved everything: your description of her reaction and feelings about seeing him shaved and hair cut. hyper

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was giggling at Lois' reaction to his haircut and shave!!! Because we all know what a handsome devil Clark really is and I'm so glad Lois finally got to see!

As always, THANK YOU!! This story take me to a happy place (which is strange because it's not really a happy story... yet) But i do lurve it so love

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
thumbsup hyper jump

Perfect... absolutely perfect! You are one very talented writer! I think I was as excited as Lois when I started reading the chapter! laugh

@EvelynC... 'gawping' is like openly staring/gaping and if you use it in everyday language like we do here in NZ (and obviously in Aussie) then it was just the perfect word for the sentence. I'd have been gawping too! laugh

Thank you Corrina, now looking forward to what comes next.

Cheers
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm going to go read the chapter again. thumbsup

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Top Banana
Top Banana
'The reveal' of Clark was perfect! Lois' reactions were right on the money and so well written!

She had fallen for prime beefcake thinking it was aged rump.
smile1 Most excellent date!! Yet you've still left us hanging---will there be an end of the date kiss, even a tentative one? sloppy *sigh* One can hope!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter

best line ever. dance dance

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
sloppy It was everything I hoped it could be.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Holy Cow! That was so good! I have been waiting for that moment since the begining of the story. It was worth the wait! hail You are awesome. I think I'll read it again. Then I'll spend the next 2 days randomly refreshing the boards "just in case" waiting on the next part. A true sign of a good story. Ha!

I heart Clark Kent.
Blogger
Blogger
Love it...Now I just want a little spontaneous kissing during the movie. Perfect set up for a friends to lovers scene as I am sure many can attest to. Its how I snagged my man wink

Kyla
Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent. Lois's reaction was priceless... Stunned. Shocked. In need of oxygen. hyper

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was absolutely perfect and excellent! clap

Lois' reaction to seeing a very handsome and "young" Clark was spot-on smile

Yes, we all are certainly taking bets on them kissing - or even a small kiss - and it could go either way. When Lois said that Clark completes her, I got the impression that he didn't really get that and so kissing might have to wait for a while. But there will surely be a hug? A mutually shared hug? A kiss on the cheek?

Anyhow, I'm looking very much forward to the rest of the date and will enjoy this as the ride will most likely get bumpy again.

laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Back again, but still haven't stopped smiling about this update laugh I'm afraid this won't be much more than glorified gushing, but that's good for an author every once and awhile right? I'll try to restrain myself from quoting everything and single out a few of the lines that made the grin that was plastered on my face while reading even bigger.

Hmm, let's add Uncle Mike to the short list of Lois's father that know about the man in Lois's life wink

It would still be shaggy. Surely
Heh, not quite.

The entire "first viewing" was priceless - Lois Lane speechless and nearly swooning, quite a rarity. Loved the line about the beef laugh and this about sums it all up perfectly...
he smouldered with an understated virility that beckoned to every single female hormone currently searing through her body.
Yup.

And with all this rejoicing about Lois seeing Clark clean-shaven, poor Clark getting a shock at seeing just how far gone appearance was before his ministrations. Hopefully Lois's reaction will keep him fully distracted from dwelling on the negative.

Once again Lois manages to calm Clark's insecurities by reassuring him of her commitment to him and his freedom.

"Give me your hand," Lois said, tapping her knuckles on the table again.
Bossy!Lois. laugh

"Because ... because there's something about you that touches me ... heals me ... completes me ...."
Wondering if Clark yet appreciates the significance of her admissions.

"Tiramisu."

"What's that?"
Chuckling, remembering Tom Hank's hypothesis about that v. same question in "Sleepless in Seattle"

And b/c I can't resist the preview...
"We can do anything you'd like to do."

No. They couldn't.
Heh.

Re: gawping - Never heard that before. It seems to be the perfect combo of gawking and gaping and will be promptly added to my vocab. smile

mozartmaid had a good point that hadn't occurred to me... Lois is currently in control of the rods and could easily "disappear" them. That would buy them some time in their escape and that's assuming they even have access to more Kryptonite.

Looking forward to the rest of their date and Clark's thoughts on this turn of events. Loving this as always, thanks for the expedited update.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah why won't she get rid of or hide the rods? Is there more out there in the military. It would take time to get them. Or couldn't they have Clark destroy them from a distance. Or better yet replace them with fake Kryptonite.Though I doubt there is time for that.

Also at 27 and 28 years old my hormones were still pretty ALIVE. Will they watch a movie laying down on the mattress. Will they cuddle? How will they keep their hands off each other?

The scenarios that pop up in my head are endless. How the heck will they get out so they can have a normal life? How will they manage hormone control? She hasn't yet admitted to Clark just how gorgeous he is. Is she worried about him wanting to sew his oats once he gets out? I need answers darn it! And a kiss better come soon! How is she not fantasizing about him, well maybe she will tonight? If I were Lois Clark wouldn't stand a chance!

Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She hadn't had a date in six months.
When did she have time for a date six months ago? Hope it wasn’t a work date where she had to dress up in those clothes she left at the farm.

Her heart swooped.

Her jaw flumped.

Her breath tangled.

Clark smiled tentatively.
clap Plus, what a nice parallel to the ballgame clap

*snort*

He was young and he ... Lois gulped. ... he smouldered with an understated virility that beckoned to every single female hormone currently searing through her body.
clap

"Please don't be offended if I stare at you this evening."
no words. There are simply no words clap

They should. Having something to do would help cover all of the gaps, because Lois was sure that her brain was going to be flailing for quite some time yet.
/waits for the black smoke to start billowing out of Lois’s ears.

She returned with them and noticed Clark's little smile of appreciation when he saw the plates. "Do you like steak?" Lois asked as she handed him the bigger meal.
Guess it’s a good thing he’s safe around steak knives, huh?

She smiled, encouraging him to enjoy her story. "Before that moment, I'd thought you were old enough to be my father."
yeah, Friskin would have a field day with her…

Clark's face hardened. "I don't want him near you," he grated. He met her eyes and retreated. "Not that I can tell you what to do," he added quickly.
Well, he could wait until the next time Moyne enters the cell without the poison and, well… show Moyne how the savage alien supposedly treats Earthlings.
“Lo-is! Lo-is, come! Moin bro-ken.” huh

"Not that I can tell you what to do," he added quickly.

Lois chuckled - partly because she wanted to avoid the subject of rape and partly because she wanted to entice Clark's smile to return. "You can try," she said.

He gave her a sombre smile. "But I doubt I would be very successful."
huh
Not yet.
Ah!

Do I need to mention ‘awesome’ and ‘can I have some more, please?’

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What can I add after all those wonderful feedbacks ! Your story is amazing, stunning ! I am always delighted when I see coming the next chapter ! You're a wonderful writer, Corrina ! clap

About this chapter, I did loved Lois' reaction, finally she discovered the real Clark, a handsome man with so much goodness in his heart ! Lois is wonderful with him, the way she tried to protect him, to comfort without pushing or so she tries.

I am for a little kiss, will they or not ? I am eager to see Clark understanding how much he means for Lois !
Waiting for the next part !!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well gawping makes perfect sense to me as a cross between gawking and gaping, and I thought it might be something like that. Although I did want to make sure it wasn't a typo wave

I'm thinking that maybe Clark might be ready for at least a kiss on the cheek. sloppy Please! grovel

EvelynC
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by EvelynC:
I'm thinking that maybe Clark might be ready for at least a kiss on the cheek. sloppy Please! love

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura Careful with the swooning - Superman is locked in a cell and can't rescue you! wink

Evelyn Gawping - I was thinking 'gape' and went to the thesaurus. I found 'gawk' which was familiar to me and 'gawp' which wasn't. I figured 'gawp' must be American, and I *think* it was in there when it went to the BRs - although it's very possible it wasn't. Apparently, it's mostly British.

Anyway - here's the official (quickly made-up) explanation. Lois has worked internationally, so must have worked with a Briton or New Zealander at some stage and picked up some lingo. laugh

Bellarase I'm so glad about the 'happy place' comment. Despite its start, this is supposed to be an uplifting story.

Elizabeth Thanks for the 'gawping' explanation.

MozartMaid The rods ... I always got the impression it was hard to destroy K. And anything hidden could be found.

Joy Re that line. I was writing the part and that line jumped in. I figured it was too corny, but before taking it out, I emailed Lynn, thinking she might get a smile out of it. She encouraged me to leave it in, so I did, mainly to see if it would get any reaction from the other BRs. They liked it, too - so it stayed.

Emily So glad you (and everyone) liked it. When FDKers are saying they're looking forward to a forthcoming part, I *really* hope it delivers.

Jen P I'm glad it was worth the wait.

Kyla Spontaneous kissing ... see note at end. cool

Vicki Good points about Clark. We didn't get his POV, but you're right, he just *cannot* believe that Lois would think of him as a potential life partner. Remember, he's had Trask telling him he's 'just an animal' for seven years.

DW Kiss/hug. Uhmm.

the ride will most likely get bumpy again.
Uhmmmm.

Emily

Lois realises how important touch is to Clark. She uses it a lot to reinforce her words.

She will think of a way to buy them some time that *sort* of includes the rods.

Laura

Yeah why won't she get rid of or hide the rods?
If she hides them now and someone asks for them, she is going to blow her 'this is just a job' cover.

And wherever she hides them, someone might find them.

Or couldn't they have Clark destroy them from a distance
If this were possible, the whole concept of K sort of falls away from the fanfic landscape.

LOL at 'hormone control'.

Michael She's been back in Metropolis a couple of months, she 'lost' a month on the run, her previous assignment was supposed to go for three months, but got cut short. All that adds up to a date about six months ago, before her previous assignment.

Clark and Moyne (sans rods) - could be interesting.

Why doesn’t he know?
Because he comes from Kansas/the country huh I don't think I knew about tiramisu in 1987 (when he was captured).

Annalina Thanks for letting me know you're still reading, Annalina. Glad you're enjoying it.

The Kiss Uhmm. I don't want to give too much away, so I'll say that I intend to have a lot of fun with the kiss, but I don't think it will be quite what you're thinking/hoping.

The only assurance I can give you is that they *will* kiss.

Many, many thanks again for such incredibly generous FDK.

You'll get 18 as soon as I send Story3/Part2 to the BRs. It will be a couple of days. So far, I have less than 1000 words written.

Corrina.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard