Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76322 12/25/10 07:51 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I definitely did a double-take when I saw who posted this! And I figured it was only right for me to come out of lurkdom, myself, and leave some proper feedback.

Such a bittersweet, melancholy, and yet hopeful little fic. A perfect way to end a calm Christmas night. I'm so, so glad you wrote and posted this.

Merry Christmas, hon, and thank you for sharing this with us!

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Top Banana
Top Banana
Woops, you posted while I was posting. I'll put mine in here and delete my other.

Lara!! Long time no see!!

This was very sweet... but now you've got me wondering so many things! How come no one comes to see Lois anymore? How did she know Clark was SM? Have they been fighting and this was them making up? Anyway, like you said - we should make of this what we will - so here's what I think.

Lois found out about Clark and was royally pissed and was having a hard time forgiving him. Things had been very tense at work between them and Lois has been keeping her distance, including keeping her window shut. Clark has been looking for any sign that Lois is ready to forgive him.

It's Christmas time, the 1st snow of the season and Lois is really missing Clark and feeling pretty lonely. Clark is doing his nightly fly-by of Lois' apartment, notices the open window and takes a leap of faith.

His voice is a relief to her somehow even though she's heard it numerous times at work in the past few weeks. This greeting is different, like every problem they've had, every fight, everything, it's just all right again. All is forgiven.

Happy sigh. Merry Christmas everyone.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hi, Lara, good to see you here!

I don't know what your story meant, but I liked it. Especially the hug between Lois and Superman. Particularly because she knows that he is Clark.

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Lara!!!! smile1 Long time, no see!

This was absolutely beautiful and full of details that brought it to life. The snow and the lights and the lonely open window in Lois' apartment. It's been so long since you've posted any LnC that I hate to nitpick, but Steph is absolutely right. We definitely need more of this story. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I agree with the others - you're hinting at some interesting back story there.

Joan

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh very cute! Brought a smile to my face, most definitely.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice. Curious but nice.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Very lovely - a bit of sadness with a hopeful ending. I'd gladly accept more to this if you're offering. laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, I'm so glad it ended on a touching note!

Ok here's my take: it's one of their first Christmases together, maybe one of Lois' first Christmases that's not supposed to suck. And instead of being together, SMan got called away on an emergency, leaving Lois to yet another year of staring out her window wondering when the holidays are not supposed to be so crappy...

smile
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was very beautiful and I agree with the others - we definitely need more smile1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I had the same take as Shadow, that this takes place after they're married. It was very sweet, though, and kind of gave me the chills (all that snow description, I think, hehe.) A great little holiday fic!

Molly
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice.

Now, as for my take on this, I don't see how they can be married. The problem is this line:
and once again this year she found herself alone in her small apartment,
If Lois is in her "small apartment" then they aren't married yet.

So, this could be:
1. A replay of S2 Christmas where things go a bit differently and Lois has figured things out. This is her very low-stress way of telling Clark what she knows.
2. A reply of S3 where there were no parents or Kryptonian viruses. As suggested above, perhaps Clark was called away after they were supposed to spend Christmas together.
3. An alt-verse where they broke up after Lois learning the secret so Lois is still in her apartment. This could be the first step in a reconciliation.

Idea '1' is how this hit me but who knows...

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehehe! It amuses me to read the various theories you guys have come up with. smile Nice deduction work, there.

I have my own idea, of course, though whether or not it makes any sort of sense is debatable. (and since I know someone is bound to ask, let's say it's something AU-ish after TOGOM because I'm a sucker for this sort of angst)

Thank you so much for all the comments - I really appreciate them; every single one. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard