Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Michael, if you find any of those withdrawl meds, please pass them along to me. whinging

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Kerth
Kerth
Awww - I'm sorry gang! frown

I wasn't all that happy with part 9 and, after some tough love from the most excellent beta in the world, I realized why (knowing really is half the battle). Rather than force the story, I'm letting it percolate for a few days until my muse comes off her holiday sugar high. dizzy

Thanks for (hopefully) sticking with me. sloppy

Here's wishing everyone the happiest of new years! party

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Sue,

I'd rather wait awhile and have part nine be up to your usually high standard of excellence than to have a mediocre part nine sooner. Tell your muse not to feel guilty as she takes some time off to enjoy the holidays...But also please ask her not to take tooooo much time off. wink

Happy New Year to you, too.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
How's your muse suey bear? I hope she's/he's rested and recovering nicely from the holidays. laugh Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate her/him (ahem Star Wars quote btw). wildguy wildguy devil

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/Tries to imitate patience/ Hmmm... mecry /fails miserably/
Originally posted by stephnachia:
Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate her/him (ahem Star Wars quote btw).
Say, is it troublesome if one starts to rephrase this in LnC/LnC-Fanfic terms? Of course, then you stumble over the '[...]he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress[...]' quote and you think, no, you can't post this because that would be unfair to Sue. Oh what the hey...
"Lord FoLC! This is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence."
"You may dispense with the pleasantries, Sue. I'm here to put you back on schedule."
"I assure you, Lord FoLC, my muse is working as fast as she can."
"Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate her."
"I tell you, this fic will be finished as planned."
"The Kerth Award does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation."
"But he is asking the impossible. I need more inspiration."
"Perhaps you can tell him when he arrives."
"The Kerth Award is coming here?"
"That is correct, Sue, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress."
"We shall double our efforts!"
"I hope so, Sue, for your sake. The Kerth Award is not as forgiving as I am."
I know, could have used Perry, but since the Kerth-season just started, this felt like the obvious thing to do.

Michael, who in no way shares the views of Lord FoLC and knows that patience is a virtue. Unfortunately, only Clark Kent has this much patience, so I'm feeling more like Lois on the hunt for the next story blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lord FoLC! This is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence."
"You may dispense with the pleasantries, Sue. I'm here to put you back on schedule."
"I assure you, Lord FoLC, my muse is working as fast as she can."
"Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate her."
"I tell you, this fic will be finished as planned."
"The Kerth Award does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation."
"But he is asking the impossible. I need more inspiration."
"Perhaps you can tell him when he arrives."
"The Kerth Award is coming here?"
"That is correct, Sue, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress."
"We shall double our efforts!"
"I hope so, Sue, for your sake. The Kerth Award is not as forgiving as I am."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, that was just friggin AWESOME. rotflol Thanks for that Michael.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf3MgVFe9HToNOZS7nL7c8Bv1sTQBVqhGVSXuJZvM4s1AXWdz6[/img]
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPqiVJcgMLUy8GTFi-Z3mfEFWzhfHS7dzfyRuJu5p2ov6wht5Z[/img]
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYLZh5ue_L4dm28fammxxIoIR9GI_mDeXoMMOCxYrME42mFbl8hQ[/img]
sloppy

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, I thought it was obvious, but three people have now told me they have no idea what my pictures mean. Would it help if I said that the sculture in picture 2 (by H. T. Holden) is titled "Gentle Nudge"?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/raises hand/ I found those gentle bumps adorable. And had to resist the urge of posting a nudge myself.

[Linked Image]
Couldn't find a better image huh

Michael

Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol

Well, Michael, no one can accuse you of being too subtle. If that doesn't do the trick, nothing will! smile

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Love all the *cough, cough* nudges. wink

Suuuuuue, where are youuuuuuuu? whinging

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Love Vicki's pictures of the gentle nudge. I, too, would like to read the rest of this.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
This has got to be the most 'nudged' story on the forums... Ok Sue, where are you?!

Do we need to send this crew after you??
Scooby Dooby SUE--where are you??
Scooby Doo laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hello, Sue? Are you out there? Is everything all right?

Although I am definitely eager for part nine, I am beginning to be worried that something bad has happened in RL for you.

Even if for some reason you can't post the next part for a while, would you mind just posting a note to let us know whether anything is amiss?

Thanks,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
dizzy Alas, Feb. 28 (our go-live date) is still over a month away.

I do still think about the story in my spare moments. But I felt zero urge to work on it. frown I didn't want to force it so I was letting it simmer instead. It's incredibly fickle, I know, but in my spare time I was tweaking the outline/first few parts of an n-fic that I've had sitting on my hard drive since 2006.

I promise I will finish Shoe first! It's oh-so-close, I just need to find the "oomph" to polish it off. Seeing all this love has certainly sparked equal parts guilt and motivation in that direction. Thank you! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You know, I kept reading your reply and reading and reading and now that I'm done, I *know* I've heard that story before. Funny thing is, I was standing in front of the mirror at the time huh

Michael, who's figured out long ago how to survive without a brain. Work sure is a cerebrovore.

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Sue,

Glad you are OK overall, but sorry you are massively overworked. (When I get in situations like that, I just remind myself that I am grateful that I still have a job.)

Looking forward to your posting part 9 whenever the muse and time permit.

Joy,
Lynn

Blogger
Blogger
Hi Sue,

Just checking in to see how Part 9 is coming. <hint, hint, wink , wink > I can't wait to see how you're going to wrap this up! I know RL can be hassle and really get in the way of finishing stories, but I need a fix!!!! AND SOON!!!! clap (A little flattery can't hurt) laugh

Kerth
Kerth
No, Muffin, a little flattery never hurts. laugh Thank you for the nudge(s).

This week is going to be a very short breather for me in RL and then it's back to insanity until the first part of March. I wanted to use my free time to work on Shoe (because wanting almost always makes it so. wink ). Would it be terrible of me to post part 9 and then make you all wait another couple (or few) weeks until the last part? Or does piecing it out like that dilute any coherency the story might still have?

You're absolutely right, Lynn. I count my blessings every day that I'm still employed. And then I add a few more thanks that it's doing something I mostly enjoy. smile

Michael, Michael, Michael. <shakes head slowly> Have you looked into how much a new muse will cost? We could have a bake sale to help out!

Ides of Metropolis
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard