Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76192 12/20/10 11:46 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
LOVED THIS CHAPTER!!

Very realistic reaction to what 'could' have happened in season two. Love how Lois is now going to try to figure out Superman's identity - and how soon before she realizes it is Clark?

Thank you and I hope to see part 3 soon!

BTW, I'm sure you know this, but putting that blue arrow before you actual chapters makes it easier for people to find the new stuff!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#76193 12/20/10 02:48 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Fast update.

“And speaking of Kryptonians,” said Martha. “If there’s one thing we know -- at least about you -- it’s that your powers came on gradually. Sure, as a child, you never got sick or hurt, but you certainly weren't doing any of those things they showed this little boy doing on TV! You didn’t start to fly until college.”
Excellent point.

This is a great part too:

"Okay, yes, miss smarty pants. Yes. You win, you're right. I'd screw over my entire life for Superman. And the career I've worked my butt off for. AND I'd gain a million pounds and go through labor and all that -- for him. I love him.
It's fun to contrast Season 2 Lois with Season 3 Lois under these circumstances.

Leek?" Jimmy repeated. "Sure thing." As he turned away, Clark distinctly heard him mutter something about "unfortunate."
This made me laugh.

Poor Superman. Even though his cloning theory has merit, no one's listening.

Joan

#76194 12/20/10 03:36 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Fast update.

Poor Superman. Even though his cloning theory has merit, no one's listening.

Joan
I had to laugh at this! Very true. thumbsup

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#76195 12/20/10 03:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Clark! Hope he figures it out soon.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#76196 12/20/10 04:30 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by bellarase:
BTW, I'm sure you know this, but putting that blue arrow before you actual chapters makes it easier for people to find the new stuff!
Oh, okay, thanks! (Still trying to figure all this out...)

Molly
#76197 12/20/10 06:12 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A great chapter. Clark is worried and tired, Lois is suspicious, the paparazzi are out in full force. Will Clark meet Ms Driver in public and publicly call her a liar? That doesn't seem like something Superman would do.

I'm wondering what's going to break first - Clark's composure or his secret. If Lois figures out the big revelation, what will she do next?

Can't wait for more. Please post soon.

#76198 12/21/10 07:15 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part.

I am hoping that Superman will hold a press conference, not in Metropolis, rather somewhere else, say Washington DC or LA and

• Tell everyone he will not be taking any questions only making a statement
  • officially deny being the father
  • officially deny having known this woman
  • state for the record that in his entire time on this planet, Earth, he has never had sex with a human female (should make everyone think he hasn't been on the planet very long without saying so.
  • offer to submit to DNA testing with an approved lab and and proper safeguards.
  • suggest that three labs be used as a crosscheck, all selected from a US Government list of approved labs, allowing the woman's lawyers to pick one and him to pick one and a third selected at random from those remaining on the list.
  • state for the record that he will NOT appear in US court nor acknowledge the jurisdiction of any court in the USA in the matter of child support
  • state that as far as he was aware there are no other Kryptonians on Earth.
  • state that his does not believe the child has any Kryptonian blood as in his experience Kryptonians do not develop power until much later in life, he himself was not able to fly until approximately 18 Earth years old.

The last item is one I rather expect his parent would point out to him.

Framework4
#76199 12/21/10 08:27 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent chapter.

I love the way you're exploring the reactions that an earlier Lois would have. Like in the show, her faith in Superman's truthfulness is shaken. This is her first glimmer that her hero is not who she thought he was.

I also like the thoughtful responses of the Kents (all three of them) in looking for alternative explanations.

I'm curious as to whether Superman might confront Ms. Driver privately. It would require him to rise above his anger at her lies (not an easy thing), but perhaps he could convince her that they should be allies in finding out what really happened to her son, thus getting him the help he needs.

BTW, where does she think Superman would get the cash to pay her anything? As far as anyone knows, Superman has no income to begin with. He might point that out to her: Superman is, as the lawyers say, judgment-proof.

Looking forward to the next part. thumbsup

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
#76200 12/21/10 08:40 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Really appreciating all the suggestions! Some I've already considered, some I will consider. Thanks!

Originally posted by HappyGirl:
I love the way you're exploring the reactions that an earlier Lois would have. Like in the show, her faith in Superman's truthfulness is shaken. This is her first glimmer that her hero is not who she thought he was.
I found the timing of the story really neat because A Bolt From The Blue really was the first ep in the series where Lois caught Superman lying to her. After that, there was a subtle shift in the show. It's fun to be able to kind of go back and re-explore that moment in L&C history.

Molly

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard