Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
~~ Tuesday ~~

The peal of her phone awakened Lois the next morning.

She clambered out of bed as trepidation coursed through the fog of her sleepy mind. Had something happened to Clark? Or was it the nursing home?

"Lois Lane," she said into the phone.

"Ms Lane. It's Shadbolt." Her dad was OK. But was Clark?

"Shadbolt." Lois checked the time - it was a few minutes past six. What had happened? Was Clark all right? "What's up?" she asked, requiring every ounce of her expertise in duplicity to sound unconcerned.

"Is it possible for you to come to the compound?" he said. "Longford is here, and we would both like to speak with you."
Thanks,

Corrina.

ETA - Happy Birthday, Laura!! dance

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
First of all I want to thank you for posting tonight. It topped off a great birthday for me. Second this was so beautifully written. I loved all the thoughts and feelings each was having throughout the hair washing. We never did find out what the surgery was but now we know where it is. What could it be? embedded Kryptonite shard?, a tracker in case of escape? What did they do to poor Clark? Also I was so hoping she'd lose control and hug him but I see that we will have to wait for that. I am looking forward to more soon. Thanks again! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! Terrific writing!
smile1
Lois thinks Clark is afraid of being touched by her or anyone, but he's just afraid of her reaction to touching an alien, isn't he? And they are both so attracted to each other, automatically so supportive of the other. Beautiful love blossoming, whether they want it to or not! clap

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sorry I forgot:

Happy Birthday, Laura!!! party

EvelynC
Merriwether
Merriwether
Another great chapter. I always sit up a bit straighter when they are asking and answering questions; it not only helps them learn about each other, but for us to learn about them.

I, too, am wondering what the protrusion on Clark's shoulder is. Perhaps a small piece of Kryptonite to make sure his powers never fully return? And if so, was it implanted during the mysterious surgery, or did it come about accidentally during an attack?

As I've mentioned before in my reviews, I think my favorite part of Lois's characterization in this story is how open she is to her feelings for Clark. She knows that she's damaged, but she also knows that his damage is far worse and that she can't simply run away from her feelings the way she might do under difference circumstances. Their bond is a powerful force, and due to their situation, neither is able to resist it the way they often do in other universes. It all adds up to this being such a unique and creative tale ... one that has so many of us on the edge of our seats as we wait for new chapters.

So ... new chapter soon? Yes, please? thumbsup

(Especially since that preview is definitely "edge of our seats" material! shock )

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved this section-- can't wait for the next

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent part - I loved how their asking each other questions and responding and I, too, love how this Lois is very aware and open about her feelings for Clark. clap

That preview definitely has me on the edge of my seat! And the small protrusion from Clark's collarbone - I'm guessing that is something implanted by the mysterious surgery (that Shadbolt didn't perform)?

Looking forward to more!

(and happy birthday Laura! dance )

smile

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Shadbolt and Longford want in on some of Uncle Mike's cooking.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
She missed him.

He was on the other side of the door, and she'd spent most of the day with him, yet she already missed him.

When the time came for him to be free ... to begin the rest of his life ... she wanted to be with him.

More than anything, she wanted to be with Clark.
They are just so cute and this bit was just soo soo soo good.

They've fallen... just like they should. And I'm getting more and more curious about Lois's reaction to beardless Clark and...

He was way too old for her.
to her shock when she finds out he's pretty much her age laugh

Cris
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nervous!Clark and Lois supporting him every step of the way is just about the cutest thing ever. I love how she handles the super powers in stride.

"Do it now," she suggested. "Let's both get over being freaked out, and then we can wash your hair."
clap

It had been one of the most sensual acts she had ever experienced.
<vbg>

He was way too old for her.
That's what you think honey! Another <vbg> I cannot *wait* for her to see him sans beard!

Really loved the insight from Lois we got here. Its so nice to read Introspective!Lois. Its amazing to see her thoughts mirror Clark's from the last update and their natural progression: beginning with concern for her own vulnerability to ultimately deciding she would stick by him no matter the cost to her heart.

"Well, sometimes in romantic novels, the hero is said to have 'smouldering eyes'. I guess you really do."
Hee!

When the time came for him to be free ... to begin the rest of his life ... she wanted to be with him.

More than anything, she wanted to be with Clark.

Freeing her to return to her world.

Her world - where he would never be welcome.
*yells into the cell* Oh but you will Clark, just see above what she was thinking about you! laugh

This kills me to see them both thinking the other won't want them, but at least they're not denying what they want all the same. Hopefully that will make the sorting of the feelings easier in the long run.

There was a small protrusion just above his right collarbone - about half an inch across.
Now this is very worrisome indeed! The surgery? Could it be some lead-lined Kryptonite pill that self-destructs if he crosses the threshold of the cell door? And *that's* why he hasn't left the cell yet?

And of course I'm dying to know about the teaser yet again. Have both been contacted by higher-ups about Lois and want to give her heads up? Or maybe they're conversing about Trask's journal and want to give her info? Or are they just really that concerned about Clark's un-knotted hair? smile Regardless I can't wait to read the next part!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderfully waffy part.

Also, those previews really do enable you to skip the actual cliffhangers and fabricate one out of anything.
"Is it possible for you to come to the compound?" he said. "Longford is here, and we would both like to speak with you."
What's going on. Did the resident of the Presidential Suite send the food back *again* and ask for fine-grained, Arabian coffee?

Self-consciousness suppressed his attempt to smile. "Specifically, I'm worried that if I relax, I'll lift off the mattress and freak you out completely."
goofy

There was a small protrusion just above his right collarbone - about half an inch across.

As he positioned the tee shirt to pull it over his head, Lois checked his other shoulder and saw that his left collarbone had no corresponding bulge.

Was it an old injury?

Or was it a physical difference between Kryptonians and humans?
Yes, you see, the male Krytponian has this protrusion on his right shoulder and the female Kryptonian on her left. And when they're facing each other in embrace, the protrusions grow and connect and, well, little spaceships get sent off a few months later.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Yes, you see, the male Krytponian has this protrusion on his right shoulder and the female Kryptonian on her left. And when they're facing each other in embrace, the protrusions grow and connect and, well, little spaceships get sent off a few months later.
rotflol And tonight the thread winner goes to Michael!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yet another awesome chapter. The interaction between Lois and Clark as they further bond and learn about each other is just wonderful and very well expressed in your writing.

Love the way you include something in each chapter that simply has us begging for the next one ASAP. That protrusion in Clark's shoulder is certainly going to have us guessing right to the last nanosecond before you reveal what it is!

Great stuff, looking forward to more!

Cheers
Elizabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
Another awesome chapter. I loved getting inside Lois's head. It would be interesting to see what was going on in clark's head throughout all this. i'm hoping we will get to see that in the next chapter?

So many questions. what will she find in Kansas? Where are the Kents? What iwas the operation? What's up with Moyne's uncle - including why did you mention a mysterious one-year sabbatical and will that ne important later on? And, of course, what is that preview all about??

There was one line that seemed to me to be out of place. I think the line about wanting to know if the people in Smallville thought he was human belongs before "did they know the truth about you?"

I am still waiting to see if Clark's senses kick in when he goes to bed tonight on Lois's pillow and her W-the-P sleeping bag. Why do I smile every time I picture that sleeping bag? hehe.

Loving this story!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura I'm glad you had a good birthday. Lois's control is slipping laugh - remember, this is only the second day that she's been in the cell.

Evelyn

Lois thinks Clark is afraid of being touched by her or anyone, but he's just afraid of her reaction to touching an alien, isn't he?
Yep.

More answers coming - some soon, some not so soon.

Kathy

She knows that she's damaged, but she also knows that his damage is far worse and that she can't simply run away from her feelings the way she might do under difference circumstances.
There were definitely benefits to Clark having endured the horror of Trask's imprisonment. This is one of them.

MozartMaid Keep reading, the mystery of the surgery gets answered soon! (And I hope it's not as bad as everyone was thinking. wink )

Joy Thanks for letting me know you're still enjoying the fic.

DW Good guess about the surgery.

SJH Wouldn't you? smile

Cristina Yep, she is going to be shocked! I've written it, so it's not too far away.

Emily

This kills me to see them both thinking the other won't want them,
I was writing last night and suddenly, my muse had had enough of all the skirting around how they feel, and Clark asked a direct question, and Lois answered, and the next thing I knew the scene was written, and they had a lot of things sorted out confused confused

It isn't quite what I had planned, but huh

Could it be some lead-lined Kryptonite pill that self-destructs if he crosses the threshold of the cell door? And *that's* why he hasn't left the cell yet?
I can't remember if you're the first to say it so accurately (others have come close), but you get the virtual cookies for solving the mystery of the surgery/why Clark won't leave the cell.

Michael

Does that mean Lois has to have surgery now? laugh

Elizabeth

That protrusion in Clark's shoulder is certainly going to have us guessing
I let Lois work it out.

Vicki

There was one line that seemed to me to be out of place. I think the line about wanting to know if the people in Smallville thought he was human belongs before "did they know the truth about you?"
He'd pushed the door ajar with his question. Lois decided to prise it open a little further. "How did your parents explain suddenly having a child?"

"They said there had been a death in the family, and I was an orphan."

"No," he said. "We were worried that ... you know."

"So no one in Smallville knows the truth about you?"

"No," he said. "We were worried that ... you know."

Yes, she knew. And what *had* happened was probably all of their worst fears rolled into one appalling nightmare. "So as far as anyone knew, the Kents adopted you?"

"Yeah."

She wanted to ask if that meant everyone had assumed he was human, but that sounded too blunt, so she rephrased. "If you were just a baby when you arrived, how do you know so much about your planet? How do you know it was going to be destroyed? Did your biological parents leave notes with you?"
I see what you mean. When Lois asked if anyone knew the truth about Clark probably should read like this ...

"So no one in Smallville knows the truth about how you arrived?"
Does that make it clearer?

Thanks, everyone!!

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Does that mean Lois has to have surgery now?
huh Talk about a sex-change surgery of the third kind laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
LOL, Michael.

I'm not really sure that any sort of sex change surgery fits into this fic! lol idea, though.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have a question I am sure you can answer. When is the next part being posted? ;-) I can't wait!!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura I set goals to reach before I allow myself to post a new part. I've reached (in fact, exceeded smile1 ) my goals for this part, so I'll post Part 14 the next time I get an uninterrupted hour on the computer. My best guess is tomorrow afternoon.

I'm currently writing part 24. 'Bridge' will probably be 25 parts in length, so I'm nearly there!

Corrina.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard