Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lois stared ahead at the wall and concentrated on keeping the momentous nature of her thoughts from playing out in her fingers.

This man.

Clark.

It was completely inappropriate, but she was attracted to him.

Really, really attracted to him.
Thanks!

Corrina.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Totally loved this part (again)!

I liked how their conversation went from something mundane such as Lois' ankle to talking about Clark's parents and washing his hair clap

So, Lois is going to go to Smallville? Will Moyne and Shadbolt be able to cover the shifts to look after the "prisoner"?

And I'm looking forward to Lois' cover story - that which she will tell Moyne and Shadbolt as she is unexpectedly to go away for a few days (and perhaps Dan too?)! I, too, wonder about what did happen to the Kents and I hope that they are fine as they can possibly be with their son being taken away from them.

laugh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
thumbsup

Yet another awesome instalment. I hope Lois finds the Kents ...and maybe once she realizes they are not as old as she perhaps expected (given that she thinks Clark is in his 50's, maybe slightly younger) she will re-evaluate Clark's supposed age!

Looking forward to the next part with much anticipation, as always!

Cheers
Elizabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois is going to Smallville! What will she find?!
Like DW, I hope that Martha and Jonathan are alive and well--and I too worry what will happen to Clark with Lois gone? help

Or what would happen if she just took Clark with her? clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome! Thank you. It made my day. I will be on pins and needles until the next installment. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You made my day also smile1 I get so excited when i see a new part up! And I'm always checking the scroll bar to see how much I have left of the chapter because I don't want it to end!!!

I absolutely LOVE your Lois. I love how easily Clark is using his powers in front of Lois and how she just takes it in stride.

Such a good fic!!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Merriwether
Merriwether
The thing that struck me most about this chapter is that Clark's reaction to hearing that Lois will be going to Smallville is to be afraid that something might happen to her, not fear for what might happen to him while she's gone. And I really like her reassurance that, "This is what I do." That's a good reminder to the readers, as well as Clark, that she's a decorated agent for a reason, one who is very good at her job.

I, on the other hand, am definitely worried about what could happen to him while she's gone. Longford and Shadbolt could very well just keep up the routine for a couple days, pushing in food three times a day and ignoring him the rest of the time. That would be the best case scenario, and one that I think could reasonably play out, given the change in their behavior under Lois's leadership. But with Moyne's uncle sniffing around, I definitely hope he doesn't find that Lois is gone and decide it's time to make a power play of his own.

I'm very curious to see what Lois finds in Smallville. I would be amazed if she finds the Kents mourning their dead son, but otherwise living out a normal life. I can't believe the government would leave them alone, without even watching them. But the first story did say that Trask was unconcerned with them; perhaps everyone else was, too? At least Lois is preparing herself for different scenarios -- and I'm sure her mad spy skillz will help her creatively deal with any situation.

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yet another amazing installment.

It was great to see the path of Clark's thoughts. I'm so glad that he dismissed the idea of shutting her out to protect himself. Although to do so would be completely understandable for someone in his position. It is amazing that he can allow himself to trust her at all and even more so given the scary alternative he conceives - that she could be a tool of Trask's. Lois's display of trust by allowing him to glimpse some of her insecurities went a long way. She needs him too!

And Clark accepted his powerlessness.

Her touch. Her hand in his. Her smile. In that moment, he knew that it didn't matter that heartache was coming as inevitably as an avalanche rolling down a hill. In that moment, he knew that he could hold nothing back from this woman.

She had shown such trust in him.
*sigh* He's her lobster. laugh

"No," he said. "I was sure that you would never come back, but if you did, I wanted to be ready."
Awh blush

She smiled. "You are ..."
Amazing, incredible, super? laugh

One day, she would walk away from him - just as she was walking away now. Except then, she wouldn't come back.
Luckily Lois has different plans.

Could that be why he seemed to have rejected all thought of escape? Was he convinced that if he broke out of the cell, there would be repercussions for his parents? ... Or was it because he believed that life outside of the cell wouldn't be significantly better than in it? Did he shy away from being chased like a criminal? Being hunted down like an animal? Being hated and feared for being different?
That's what I've been wondering since the door was left open that first time. Now, though, with Lois in the picture, it's a whole different ballgame.

"How do you feel about me going to Kansas?" she asked.
"Great but I insist you let me fly you there," he responded. laugh

"This is what I do. I go into places, I find out information, and I get out."

"I just can't stand the thought of you being hurt," he said.
I'm on serious high alert for the other shoe to drop. I really hope that I'm just being overly paranoid, and that this is not foreshadowing. *looks around warily* I'm also equally worried something happening to Clark while Lois is absent.

But I won't think about any of this now b/c Lois is going to wash his hair AND she's attracted to him! Woohoo!

ETA: In my reread I realized I forgot to mention this:
That would keep his mind from giving licence to the thoughts that were poised like athletes on the starting block, just waiting for a signal that it was OK to break free and revel in all the other memories.
What a beautifully crafted sentence to paint such a picture of this thoughts.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by bellarase:
And I'm always checking the scroll bar to see how much I have left of the chapter because I don't want it to end!!!
Hah, me too, obsessively. laugh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think Jonathan and Martha might be in Smallville, simply because there's nowhere else they could be (if they're alive). This has been an incredibly small operation, overlooked by higher-ups. Who could possibly be watching two extra prisoners?

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
originlly posted by Emily C
*sigh* He's her lobster.
Whahaha! Gotta love a Phoebe reference. clap
Another wonderful part! I can't wait to see what Smallville holds. Anxiously awaiting more.

I heart Clark Kent.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't wait for this to continue. So of course I find myself thinking of it late at night or early in the day.

Why can't Lois just have Clark destroy all the rods from a safe distance. Look through everthing and make sure there is no more. Destroy anything kept in lead containers for safety. Take him out in the sun for a few hours so he gets full strength. Then have him be invulnerable when trouble comes. He can round all the creeps up, get some good people in there with them, show the video tape of his torture and Moynes behavior to all parties, until they conclude that he is safe and can legally get on with his life. There isn't anything they can do if he is invulnerable. Of course he needs to hide Lois and his folks first so they can't be used against him.

See it is a sickness... LOL

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great chapter! Wonderful relationship development between them, nice believable pace considering what they have gone through and what they face in the need for urgency for Lois to know enough to act appropriately.

As usual, can't wait for more. hyper

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aaarg. My computer broke. frown for the time being I'm forced to give feedback via my phone. short and to the point: I loved this part. my favorite was the "most unfair" conversation. so sweet. it had me smiling.

looking forward to more.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
It really touches me to see Clark's emotions in this installment, as well as others. The way you describe his body language is so clear and vivid in my mind, I feel like I've just read volumes on what he's feeling. The same thing with Lois. In front of therapists and bosses and everyone else, she acted like the world hadn't affected her. To Clark, she let those tears shine, and I'd like to believe a small sliver of healing was able to take place inside.

Life's been busy, I don't believe I replied in the last chapter feedback. But I am avidly reading, and very much enjoying the ride you are taking us on smile It has been my way of being able to relax during the crazy-ness of life. Thank you smile

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have been thinking, yeah it happens... blush With all your talk about having to rethink Part 11 because of Part 18 and your comments, now I'm really wondering what has you so concerned and having to redo 11... My curiosity is even greater due to your quick mention. notworthy

EvelynC
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And he needed to think about something else.

*Anything* else.

... Because no matter how she reacted to his disturbing disclosures or how tolerant she seemed of his peculiarities, two facts were immutable.

He was an alien. Worse than that, he was a prisoner.

And, one day, she would leave him.
Oh! /drags Mind out of the gutter. Which is difficult, given how Mind keeps kicking and screaming and clawing at the walls of the gutter./

Deprivation ... true deprivation ... came in being separated from Lois.

And that was his inevitable destiny.
Maybe that’s all part of the evil master plan. Which brings to mind, did we ever have a story where Tempus simply attempted to simply destroy the relationship between Lois and Clark? /heads over to Fanfic Challange/

What if this was just an act? What if Trask wasn't dead? What if they had decided that the beatings were never going to get him to admit that others of his kind were coming? What if they were trying a new tactic? Sending in a beautiful woman to ply him with her kindness? To treat him humanely so that he would spill the secret of the invading army of aliens?
help Um, can I have a diagram, please? confused

Neither of them had opened their containers. Whatever the food, it couldn't compete with Clark's smile. "You could take it as an oblique way of asking whether you can see through the container," she said. "Or you could take it as just a conversation filler."
laugh

She did. Her eyes rose to him, her smile budding. "You are full of surprises, Mr Kent."
Oooh, teasing!

"Thank you," she said. She loaded up her fork. "And thank you for re-heating my meal."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It is my birthday today, where is my present? I wanna another part!!!! Waaaaa!!!! Ok sissy fit is done, when will you be posting again. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
when will you be posting again.
Half an hour ... assuming RL will just sit down and shut up for a few minutes wallbash

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you, the best birthday present ever!

Caroline's "Stardust"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard