Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Told you it was long. laugh

Thanks again to Bob, Carol, and Iolanthe for their faithful beta reading, and to all of you for your patience.

For the record, we all owe this story to Queenie, who requested more stories with Lois and Superman together rather than Lois and Clark. Of course it couldn't stay that way, but we had fun with them before Clark finally gave himself away, and even afterward.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful ending. Delightful tale.

I loved Lois's parting remark to read all about in the Daily Planet. Very Lois.

Truly a fun read, glad you were able to finish it.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great ending to a terrific story. I am glad you finished it. Great job!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! Happy sighs all around!

Kerth
Kerth
Firstly, well done for persevering and finishing this fic. clap

And secondly, not only did you finish, you gave us a really satisfying ending that was just perfect. Well done.

I loved Lois taking control after Clark was shot, and I really enjoyed the announcement right at the end.

This was a lovely story - great job, Happy!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not sure what to say that you haven't already heard. I love this story and was smile1 happy smile1 to have helped in my small way.

Now that we are at the end I can't think of what to say other than the feedback I game with my beta that I'll share with everyone.

I love the story as a whole and I think the ending scene is just about perfect. This is the perfect end to this story. Anything that happened next would have to be another story. (Which I wouldn't mind at all.)

Thanks for letting me help and for providing another reason to stay connected this year.

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Absolutely loved your story from start to finish! Wonderfully written and with a most perfect ending. Thank you so much! Your talents are most appreciated.

thumbsup notworthy

Cheers
Elizabeth

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
While it was unfortunate that the story was derailed for a time due to unforseen circumstances the end product was very satisfying.

A fun and original take on our duo. Being able to watch the relationship unfold without Lois' past baggage causing a lot of unneccesary angst was quite enjoyable.

Even given the altered universe the characters stayed true to who we've become used to them being.

Well written, well done. Looking forward to more from your keyboard.

Tank (who just imagined that this Lois had the proper haircut going in since he didn't remember if it was ever mentioned)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Magnificent ending to a great story! I'm glad you persevered and made us wait until the ending was to your satisfaction. It's going on my Kerth list.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm going to borrow Patrick's word...Delightful! Thank you for completing the story and sharing it with us. I agree with others that the ending was just as it should be; but that doesn't preclude a sequel! (Hint, hint! wink )

Joy,
Lynn

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Loved it! Though, like all good fics, I'm sad to see it end and you left me wanting more. I love this universe and the characters you've created. It was so original.
hail

I heart Clark Kent.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Thank you very much for persevering!

A very delightful, well-written and awesome fic, which I thoroughly enjoyed, including the ending.

clap

Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent story with an excellent ending. I very much enjoyed reading this... so much so that I've put it on my Kindle, where I only put those stories I know I will want to read again and again. You wrote a beautiful story. Thank you.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Something I wanted to mention the last time but sort of forgot blush
He liked writing fiction and he thought his books made an impact in the world. Was there a way to do both?
Yeah, there is: he could simply take a job at the National Whisper.

Okay, now for the grand finale...

Before Perry could finish his sentence, Cat interrupted him. “No, Chief. Let her go.”
Oh, Cat figured it out already!

Once again, the man looked to the detective for guidance, and once again got very little direction. Lois was losing patience. Lifting Clark’s left hand in her right and holding her own left hand next to his, she practically waved them under the man’s nose. “Look: matching rings. Are you satisfied? I’m Mrs. Kent, and I want answers. How bad are my husband’s injuries?”
clap So, that's why you had them pick more than the generic gold bands!

he tried to stop him from scratching at the IV needle, but, half-awake, he insisted, “It itches.”
laugh

“Here’s a funny coincidence that I’ll bet Luthor didn’t know when he told his man to nab her: She put herself through college on the GI bill--spent four years in the Military Police.”
Wow, talk about instant bad karma for Lex. After all, you've *got* to be a really bad person to have your pre-planned triple-homicide go wrong *this* much.

Cat smiled knowingly and answered, “Lois’s beeper number.”

Perry smiled back approvingly. “That’s right. We’ll let her see to her husband’s injuries tonight, but I want an eye-witness account from Clark Kent in tomorrow’s evening edition. And Lois Lane is going to get us to Clark Kent.”
Huh, wonder how that's going to play out!

It was a strange juxtaposition—Clark in only his underwear and his wife fully dressed under the covers.
Wonder if he's already strong enough to rectify that situation.

Clark resisted the urge to accost Lois while she showered. They were supposed to be honeymooners, but he really was very hungry, and they had houseguests.
Yes, houseguests. Good thing, to keep himself reminding of that.

Ignoring the openly curious stares of her colleagues, Lois walked straight to Perry and said cheerfully, “You rang?”
Literally! laugh

“You heard the man,” she told them saucily. “If you want to know anything more, you’ll have to pick up tomorrow’s paper. You can read all about it in the Daily Planet.” And with that parting remark, she walked proudly into the lobby, her husband chuckling at her side.
Wonderful ending clap And a great story! clap It was a fun ride. clap

Thanks for getting back to it, even if it took a while. And hopefully, your muse will strike again with another epic shock

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"You can read all about it in the Daily Planet."
The classic line. It's so Lois Lane.

Thanks for persevering through so much and completing a wonderful story.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, everyone! I'm so glad the ending worked. I was a little nervous about it.

dance Happy feedback dance dance You guys rock.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I *finally* got the time to sit down and catch up on this one. clap

Hap, Thank you so much for writing this lovely, Waffy, exciting, romantic and generally *awesome* tale. sloppy

At the risk of being a pest...um...any chance for a sequel? grovel

~•~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
wave Queenie!

I'm so glad you liked it. It was your idea, after all. laugh

As far as a sequel goes, don't hold your breath. My next project is the little one due next month. I think he's going to keep me busy for quite a while. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm...Does he write fic? grumble ) but for what it's worth, I really enjoyed the ride. smile

~•~
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Happy Girl,

I just read this story on the archive. It is wonderful! I really admire your writing style, your wit, your amazing gift for crafting a tale. This story grabbed me from the first paragraph and didn't let go. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard