Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lois stormed up the stairs and only just refrained from slamming the office door into next week.

She was an idiot.

She had allowed her impulsiveness to override her common sense. In pushing too hard, she had bulldozed over all the progress they had made yesterday.

Poor Clark!

He'd tried so valiantly to conceal his dismay.

He was a bachelor. And probably not one of those bachelors who revelled in their *freedom* to sashay from woman to woman but one of those bachelors who felt self-conscious around women. Add to that seven years of being treated as a subhuman monster, and how could she have expected anything else?

Why hadn't she taken it slowly?

Lois wanted to scream. But she couldn't - Clark would hear.

She wanted to punch something. But she couldn't - he would hear that, too.

She snatched up the two racquets, the tennis ball, and a large piece of chalk from her desk.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is so nice to see progress on Lois’s homefront, too clap

Lois trekked through the various departments, gathering an odd assortment of things that included a tennis racquet - bigger and heavier than hers - a small tin of white paint, five hard cover books that she had no intention of reading, a bathing cap, a pair of coveralls, and a wall mirror. As she added each item to her cart, her excitement inched a notch higher.
Is she going to paint the cell?

But if he really didn't want to, she would accept that.

She would.

Even if her impatience jangled frenetically on the very edge of detonation.
Lois and patience and/or subtlety. I can’t wait! evil

Lois smiled even wider. "So he got that as well? Wonderful." She opened the fridge and took out the milk. "Anything else?"
laugh It does look like she’s playing the innocent instigator here. Like she just ordered some deliveries.

"Are you sure?" Lois said. "In Trask's log, there's an entry that says you and Moyne did some sort of surgery on the prisoner."

Shadbolt shook his head again. "I didn't," he said emphatically.
Wow, that’s… a surprise.

"Are there other things in there that I am supposed to have done?" he asked, scowling at the logbook.

"Some."

"I don't suppose you'd let me read it?"

Lois considered for a moment. "OK," she said. "You can read it, but it's not to leave the premises."
Oh boy.

Lois watched him for a few moments. The clothes fitted well. The tee shirt -

She snatched the binoculars from her desk and zoomed in on Clark's arm.

The sleeve of the tee shirt was stretched slightly across an alluring mound of bicep muscle.

She banged the binoculars onto the desk and spun away as her heart thumped and self-reproach rose like pungent steam.
*tsk tsk tsk* Lois Lois Lois. One is *not* supposed to ogle the prisoner. And certainly not through binoculars. laugh

Lois picked up the rectangular wall mirror she had bought. For the next fifteen minutes, she connected a strong cord to the mirror and hung it from the closet. She positioned it at the correct angle for the sunlight to reflect into Clark's room.
That’s clever. Thought she might just put it *into* the cell.

He tried to straighten his unruly hair with his fingers. He'd already washed his body and brushed his teeth. There wasn't much else he could do to ready himself for her company.
Ooh, that’s such a clever torture. Before, he was happy to be left alone, but now, those hours without an available Lois, now the true torture begins huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I so loved this part and Clark reaction to Lois washing his hair was so natural for him given all that he's been through.

And it's going to take a long time for Clark to accept that he isn't the alien monster Trask and others have made him out to be and that Lois doesn't have any qualms about touching him.

So, Shadbolt said that he wasn't involved in any operation ... is he lying or telling the truth? And Lois would most likely only get honest answer from Clark if he was awake during the operation. I know Trask was delusional and mentally disturbed, but there must have been some kind of surgery, right?

"No one will come," Lois said decisively.

"How can you know?"

"Because they're all at Trask's funeral."

Funeral? "Trask's dead?" Clark asked in a strangled voice.

Lois nodded.

"Did ... did Moyne kill him?"

"No," she said. "He walked under a bus."
Is it bad that I find this part really funny? There is just something weirdly ironic about Trask being killed by a bus laugh

And the part with Lois visiting her father was so sweet smile

Looking forward to the game of squash - will Lois be her usual competitive self or will she try to hide that a little for Clark's benefit?

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
You've done it again! I can feel Lois' excitement and Clark's trepidation... so wonderfully written!!
In the last comments, you had asked if we liked the previews. I tend not to read them... unless you take too long to post the next part! :p

But we still don't know what the surgery was! peep

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wowwww, another great part. I'm loving how Lois is falling in love with Clark, "the alien prisoner" without even realizing it..

Can't wait for part 9

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh another fantastic chapter!! THANK YOU!

I love how Lois is treating Clark, I think they will just about able to save the other.

As always, looking forward to the next part!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooh! hyper

EvelynC
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
If Lois hugs him (and I think she will after their squash game) poor Clark will go back to sleeping on the concrete.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another nice scene with her father.
Which - in her thoughts - led to Clark.
All thoughts lead to Clark. smile

Can't wait to see all of Lois's plans for her purchases.

Or are you disconcerted because you've realised that the way things were done around here violates just about every human right our country holds as important?"
Busted. Good for Lois calling him out on that.

V. interesting conversation with Shadbolt. Obviously not what I expected but (big shocker) I like your version better. I'm glad Shadbolt wasn't involved in something like that. Of course it leads to even more questions, why would Trask lie in a journal that seems to have been just for him? Maybe Moyne just reported that he and Shadbolt performed the operation? But would Trask actually trust someone like Moyne (who I'm still v. afraid is NOT gone for good)?

I chuckled at Lois checking out Clark's arms in his t-shirt, did she not notice them when he was shirtless the last week? laugh

V. sweet of her to give him some more sunshine.
It was *Lois*.

Clark felt himself smile. Lois shining light into his world was so symbolic.
Awh blush

She looked pleased by his words. As if his approval meant something to her. Clark wanted to say more. He wanted to say that she was amazing. And breathtaking. And beautiful. But he didn't. He couldn't.

He was an alien.

A prisoner.

His opinion wasn't worth anything.
She doesn't think those things! She wants to wash your hair! I know after 7 years of abuse believing anything positive about himself is going to be difficult, but its so sad to see his low opinion of himself, especially when we *know* he's such a great guy. Poor Clark.

"It's too ..." Too much. Too soon. Too close. Too intimate. Too humiliating. Too indicative of how low he had sunk.
mecry

Squash! That sounds promising. As always, great update, leaving me thirsty for more. And please don't stop the previews. It's fun to see how much we can speculate about 6 to 8 lines. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for posting. Once again I loved it and want more immediately. :-)

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
I loved the whole scene with Lois's father -- I felt nearly as happy with his progress as Lois did! Especially when he was able to actually communicate; that's absolutely huge. And I really like the parallels you've created with Sam's therapy and Clark's therapy. Totally different execution and intentions, but both vital and essential, just the same.

As I'm sure everyone was, I was shocked to see Shadbolt did not do any surgery. Did Trask invent the whole thing? I kept waiting for Lois to ask Clark about it; it would be traumatizing for him to relive it, but he'd likely be the best one to clear up the confusion. I also think it was brilliant of Lois to let Shadbolt read Trask's diaries. He's already slowly coming around to her way of thinking, but given his reaction to Trask's surgery entry, I have a feeling seeing for himself how delusional Trask was will have a profound impact on him. And hopefully he'll be able to provide Lois with more information than she would ever be able to get otherwise.

As for Clark, I don't blame him for not wanting her to wash his hair. For a man who hasn't been touched in seven years, except to be beaten, I can only imagine how that much touching would be overwhelming. And his feeling that his hair is too disgusting for her to help with makes sense, too. Plus I imagine that even if she were to wash it, it wouldn't help much -- it's probably completely full of dreadlocks by now. Shaving it off will likely be his only option, but he's astute enough to realize that a show of his powers like that would be far too dangerous. Perhaps it won't be done until after his escape? I would imagine he'll look different enough that it will be a great disguise!

And finally, about the previews, please keep giving them. I don't read them until after I've posted feedback, so they are a nice little treat to carry me until the next chapter is posted. Plus, as others have said, coming up with theories, even when they end up being way off base, is half the fun. laugh

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Perhaps it won't be done until after his escape? I would imagine he'll look different enough that it will be a great disguise!
Exactly what I was thinking! smile

Another awesome chapter in this ever intriguing story. Keep up the great work! Eagerly awaiting your next post.

thumbsup

Cheers
Elizabeth

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I greatly enjoy the little previews you give us, it lets me stew over the next yummy bits of chapter I have to look forward to smile

I agree with the other comments about the scene between Lois and her father. Touching to see that there is progress on that side of the road as well. Very relatable to anyone who's been in that kind of circumstance before.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
As always, loved the new part. I also enjoy the previews because I'm so eager to see what's next. As hard as it is to read the little teases as it, I love them. More soon!

I heart Clark Kent.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina,

I am one of the worst offenders as far as speculating is concerned. In between chapters, I make up whole scenes in my head of what I think might be coming up. My problem is, the scenes the way I imagine them are always dead-ends; they never lead anywhere. :rolleyes:

Remember I had a thought that Clark could fly through the observation window and rescue Lois from Moyne? The only problem was, at that point in the story, they hadn't even spoken to each other. What would he do after he'd rescued her? Drop her off at the nearest corner and fly off alone to hide in some cave? There was no where for the story to go from there. *Your* rescue was *so* much better, and led eventually to a face-to-face meeting and the beginning of a relationship. thumbsup

So, as I read this chapter, and Lois asked if she could wash his hair, I immediately began imagining that scene playing itself out. But you chose not to go that route. Clark said "no". Now, I have no idea where this will lead. Maybe she'll wash his hair after their squash game; maybe she'll do it tomorrow; maybe never. All I can say is, I have absolute and total faith in you and in your story. I cannot wait to see what you have planned! hyper

Can I confess I already have their squash game played out in my mind? Haha. I'll tell you after reading how close I came. laugh

And I have *no* idea what the deal is with the operation. You've got me totally stumped on that one. huh

Loving this story!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael
One is *not* supposed to ogle the prisoner.
Surely that depends on what he looks like? wink

I think Clark might be in for a very aggressive game
Maybe laugh

DW

Is it bad that I find this part really funny?
No! Trask got what he deserved. And we're allowed to laugh at the demise of villains!

Looking forward to the game of squash - will Lois be her usual competitive self or will she try to hide that a little for Clark's benefit?
See part 9 wink

MozartMaid Re the previews - if I post them, you get the choice whether to read them or not.

Seme She is falling in love with him ...

bellarase

I think they will just about able to save the other.
Good, because I think the story would be a bit disappointing if they weren't able to.

Evelyn I'm glad Clark's reaction made sense. He has to feel incredibly isolated now - even more so than before he was captured when he was a single alien amongst a planetful of humans.

SJH

If Lois hugs him
It might be the other way around cool

‎Emily

why would Trask lie
Because the log is a record of his twisted view of the world.

I chuckled at Lois checking out Clark's arms in his t-shirt, did she not notice them when he was shirtless the last week?
Well, last week, he was 'the prisoner' or 'Mr Kent', and he was underfed. Now he's 'Clark', and being super, he's recovering rather quickly!!

Laura More posted!

Kathy I'm glad you like the parts with Sam. I didn't want it to detract from the Lois/Clark thing that is happening, but as you said, the parallels are there, and I think they strengthen the story.

Re the hair - Clark hasn't seen himself in a mirror for a long time. He has to imagine what he looks like. He's probably imagining the absolute worst.

Elizabeth Disguises and Clark Kent seem to go together!

LadyMoira Glad the Sam bit works for you.

Jen The previews will stay. smile

Vicki I'm stoked that the fic has had enough of an effect that you're trying to predict where we are going next.

I've posted *my* squash game. What did you have in mind?

A huge thank you to everyone for continuing to post FDK. It's wonderful to read, and more than that, sometimes when I'm supposed to be writing and my muse is being uncooperative, I re-read the comments to get back on track.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark hasn't seen himself in a mirror for a long time. He has to imagine what he looks like.
When he does finally see himself in a mirror after sooooo long, it will be interesting to read how you write his reaction; especially at any change related to his age being seven years older (even though he is of course still a young man, but nearer now to 30 than to 20).

Cheers
Elizabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard