Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everyone else already said how good this was and quoted the great lines (which I'm laughing at repeatedly), so I don't have much to add.

I do like how Superman makes sure that Lois wins the "phrase bingo" game. I bet that's the first time Clark ever cheated in the game.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved, loved, loved this!

Flirty!Superman was adorable. Or, Flirty!SuperClark, because,as others have commented, he may have *looked* like Superman, but he *acted* 100% Clark. Incredibly cute, annoying, and sexy all rolled into one.

I cracked up at the "Clark got lucky" exchange, loved Clark's empathetic "Ouch" on learning Lois's game phrase, smiled at each and every one of Lois's deja vu moments, cheered when she finally put it all together, and laughed out loud at her rather unique reaction to the revelation.

Loved every minute of this. Looking forward to MORE! thumbsup

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
Kerth
I apologize in advance that my comments will be brief. The personal "wifi hot spot" that I use at home died yesterday. My ISP provider is sending me a new one, but it might be a few days before it gets here. Until then I'm only able to access the 'net at work, which rather limits my time. frown

Framework - Like you, I just can't buy that Lois is so helpless and/or dependent on Superman that she can't finish rescuing herself.

Seme - Thanks! It's good to see you're reading along!

Sarah - I'm so glad you're enjoying the story. Thank you!

Michael - You bring up a good point about Lois' flakiness, but I ask you - if you've been obsessing about someone for two years, can you simply turn off the attraction, just like that? wink In Lois' case, she feels guilty about having the attraction to Supes but there's also a very good reason why she feels it. I did laugh at the pregnancy reference. I'm pretty sure she's not, though. :p

Kyla - Hi! Thanks for reading along! I confess, I can't wait to post the reunion. It's what I spend most of my time working on (when I ought to be doing the final polish on the next part). Some things are just more fun to write. laugh

Artemis - Convoluted? clap

Ann - I think there's a huge difference between flirting with someone and pursuing a relationship. Yes, it's okay to flirt with her and not tell her (although, really, that's what he was semi-subconsciously trying to accomplish with the flirting). Clark's dilemma is that he feels he can't become deeply involved with Lois unless she knows the truth. I liked the star chart - all my life I've called it the "Big Dipper", but it does look like a plough, too. smile

Iolanthe - I'm happy to see you're back and I'm thrilled to have made you laugh. laugh

Vicki - Yay! I'm so pleased you liked the flirting (especially the "got lucky" portion). I'm glad that it came through loud and clear that it was Clark who was flirting with her, no matter how he was dressed. Lois' problem was that she wasn't looking for her partner, but at least she still had enough clarity to find his behavior familiar.

Originally, I had the flashbacks in a different order. It went Thursday night makeout session, Friday morning press conference, and then the Tuesday night makeout. Pity my poor betas, who had to mentally jump around and try to figure out what had happened when. It finally seemed so complicated that it was easier/less confusing to make the flashbacks occur in a linear fashion.

My sincere thanks to everyone who's reading along and especially to those of you who have commented. I'm very grateful for the support! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush blush blush

mecry about the wlan router. On the plus side, we might get lots of polished new parts, well, okay, three blush once you get back to having access to the internet at home.

Michael, who's not above groveling for new-part benefits whichever way possible.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Michael - on the plus side, I'll have lost my favorite work-avoidance technique (surfing the 'net). So, yeah, it's not unrealistic to think that I'll get the last three parts polished and off to the betas. smile

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm late but I'm here! Excellent part Sue. I love when Lois figures out Clark is SM without him having to tell/show her. I mean, it's just so friggin obvious. Sometimes I feel like Tempus - Lois!! Duh!! Clark is Superman!! And poor Lois puking up all her popcorn. She's got too little food and water to be tossing her cookies.

I'm still wondering why her kidnapper left her food or why they didn't have someone watching her or why they haven't figured out she's gone yet. Did someone just really underestimate LL or is there going to be some major A plot drama coming up?? /bites nails

And I was a little confused at first with the whole Clark acting like Clark while being SM thing. At first I was like, 'Does he not remember he didn't tell her?' But then I saw your comment about how he was acting like Clark as SM in hopes that she would figure it out and then thought she had figured it out and then got embarrassed or whatever when he realized she hadn't figured it out.

One thing I'm still confused about though... the phrase game. So how does that work exactly? Everyone is handed random phrases and whichever ones SM mentions, they win? So that means that Clark cheated <gasp> when he won the week before! I love it. devil

When's the next part Sue?! grovel

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, it's just a phrase that's got to be mentioned by anyone speaking, not just Superman. I'm guessing it's based on the politician-speech-generator 2.0. There about 100 phrases, 50 terminus technicus and a couple of verbs. You press a button and viola, you got a ready-made speech suitable for any occasion, from an inauguration to a hospital opening all the way to a declaration of war.

No idea how Clark won the last time. Maybe it really was luck since he couldn't be at a PC when Superman talks. Unless he leaves for a bit blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay I am finally caught up. this was a great chapter. I loved the flirting with Superman and then I love how she figured it all out. Terrific. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Sue,

I was just wondering whether there is an estimated post date for part 8?

Thanks,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
grovel

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Pretty please with sugar on top? grovel

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/sends lot's of WLAN cabel to Sue/

Michael

Kerth
Kerth
The next part? You mean there's more? :p

I sent part 8 off to the betas four days ago. I've yet to hear back from them. I haven't started to panic (yet) because of the holidays. My goal is to get the entire story posted before the end of the year.

Steph! - Hey baby! (I can totally call her that because Steph is the only FoLC whose backside I have freely groped. wink ) Without giving too much of the plot away, she was left with food and water because her kidnapper expects to keep her there for longer than a few days. He certainly wasn't expecting her to get out of a locked train car.

As Michael explained, the phrase game isn't just what Superman says - it's anyone giving a speech. The phrases are ranked by the likelihood of use so having a phrase spoken that doesn't pop up at your typical press conference can win it. That game is based on a RL game that my co-workers and I play when we're forced to attend some of the most boring and pointless meetings ever held.

Laura - I'm so glad you're still reading along. I thought I had lost you! Thanks for sticking with me.

I have my new hotspot and it's working great (but I did laugh at the thought of Michael unspooling all that cable on my behalf). smile

Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I sent part 8 off to the betas four days ago. I've yet to hear back from them.
(insert running away with tail between the legs emoticon)....and add sound of whimpering.

Check your e-mail Sue---in like 20 minutes. blush

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
/sends lot's of WLAN cabel to Sue/
Um, Michael? The "W" in "WLAN" stands for "wireless". Did you mean "WAN cables," perchance?

Sorry, the networking instructor in me couldn't let that one slip by. I'll go back into hiding now. peep

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*sigh* I guess that's what I get for omitting the "(sic)" after "WLAN".

Michael, who's now going back to tinkering with semi-colons and if-statements.

PS: There was an ebay auction a couple of years ago where someone sold 10m of high quality WLAN cable. But I guess if the joke needs explaining, it's dead and buried blush

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
So your post was just a "sic" joke (sic). wink

blush blush blush

Oops. I missed that auction (obviously!), more's the pity.

Was the person posting it a scammer, a jokester, or just ignorant of networking terminology?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Scammer or jokster. Don't really remember which but I'm guessing small-time scam wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As Michael explained, the phrase game isn't just what Superman says - it's anyone giving a speech. The phrases are ranked by the likelihood of use so having a phrase spoken that doesn't pop up at your typical press conference can win it. That game is based on a RL game that my co-workers and I play when we're forced to attend some of the most boring and pointless meetings ever held.
Reminds me of the old "catchphrase bingo" game.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard