Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Excellent Story!!!!!!
I can't wait for part 7....hope its very soon.

Keep up the GREAT job!!!!!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For his age, he was in good condition. If she factored in all the neglect and abuse he had suffered, his physique was incredible.
Oh boy, I can’t wait for Lois’s reaction to Clark sans beard.

"I've made inquiries about your parents," Lois said gently.

His eyes widened; he was preparing himself to face the worst of news.

"I haven't heard anything yet," she said. "It might take some time."

He nodded with acceptance, and Lois felt an almost overwhelming need to reach out and touch him. To lightly run her palm down his upper arm.

"As soon as I know anything, I'll tell you."

"Thank you."
Aww.

How could a man who had been starved of human interaction for seven years retain the aptitude to read the uncertainties of others and the grace to respond with such humility?
hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm dying here.....where's part 7? please hurry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Oh boy, I can’t wait for Lois’s reaction to Clark sans beard.
Yes!

I forgot to mention the age question, but I think I remember her originally thinking that he was in his 50's? And then more recently revising her estimate by a few years. But wait until she finds out he's late 20's!

Merriwether
Merriwether
Michael suggested:
Can somebody please send him to the Amazonas or Mexico, have him tick off some local drug- or warlord and have him tied down next on an anthill?
Yes. This. As soon as he gets off the plane. So he doesn't even have time to formulate a plan to get back to Metropolis or to contact his friends in high places to get them involved.

Kathy

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
This an interesting tale.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was perfect. I loved every sentence.

I'm a bit late with feedback, and everyone else has pretty much said it all. All I can do is second everything that was said above.

Especially all the comments of readers anxious for the next installment! haha. Three days down, and, if I understood correctly, only one to go! hyper

Today wasn't too bad, as I spent some time this morning with my daughter and grandkids putting up and decorating our Christmas tree, and the rest of the day making and freezing 8 dozen Pasteles (the Puerto Rican kind, if you're reading the article I linked to)

But tomorrow, I have nothing to do but sit around all day clicking the "Refresh" button. It's going to be a long day.

I'm especially interested in reading the conversation you preview up above. I got such a lump in my throat when I read that last line. mecry How *do* you manage to convey so much with just simple, understated prose? notworthy

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I must check this site 3 times a day waiting for the next chapter. Sigh...

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Me too...

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This story just keeps getting better and better! Looking forward to the next part ever so much!

Cheers
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yep, I have checked at least 10 x today hyper

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Bellarase
I also love how accepting Lois is
In canon, she was always accepting of Superman's differences (less so with Clark, but that's another story laugh )

Joy Hopefully the heartwrenching is becoming less gruesome.

Katie Sorry about the early parts, Katie. I know they were rough going. I hope you understand why they had to be like that - if Trask had treated Clark humanely, Lois's treatment of him wouldn't have been so profound.

there is a persistent awareness of what is good and right in your stories.
That is one of the nicest things anyone has said about my stories. Thank you.

Only this story's version of Lois, with what she's been through, could possibly understand this Clark.
That is very true. I had to 'hurt' Lois, too, so she would be able to empathise with Clark.

I'm writing part 16 and there's nothing too bad so far. There will be a few more bumps, but I'll try to remember to PM you a warning.

Thanks so much for continuing to read and giving me such honest and heartfelt FDK.

Muffin Hi! Thanks for commenting.

I find it refreshing how much they are helping each other come to terms with their demons.
One of the good things about giving Lois and Clark huge problems is that there is no need for angst *inside* the relationship.

Laura I hope these last two chapters started to make up for some of the earlier ones.

Aria Hi! Thanks for your comments and letting me know you are reading.

I like your minimalism.
LOL - I've actually become less minimalistic. BJ (Brenda) sent me some suggestions a long time ago that were really helpful.

I'm glad you like Shadbolt - I'm not done with him yet.

LadyMoira I'm glad you're still enjoying the fic. smile

Evelyn Beautiful moments are easier to write against a background of ugliness - which is one of the reasons why I felt the early chapters had to be so horrible.

Choucky It made my day to get FDK in French - that was so cool. Thanks.

DW

Lois and Clark's conversation
There's so much for them to talk about - it's going to take awhile for them to cover everything.

MozartMaid Thanks so much for the translation. smile And also for you FDK.

Jen Actually, the problem is that the faster I post, the smaller my buffer gets ... and I really think the fic is stronger when I have the opportunity to go back and tweak things.

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm.

Pat Your summary is great and explains so clearly what I'm trying to show.

Cristina

by the way, when are we going to get a clean shaved CK? )
Not for a few parts. But I will promise you that he will have a shave and a hair cut before Bridge is over.

Kathy

it was everything I could have hoped for.
That is always such a relief when I know that people have been waiting for something specific to happen.

And I *love* that Lois is so firmly committed to helping him
I'm going to write her as quite decisive. Clark is going to be uncertain. If they both were, the story risks stalling.

Brenda

The partnership is born!
Yep!

It's probably obvious already that they are both going to need this partnership.

Emily

I know they're not quite here yet, but I wish they were b/c I think they both need a big hug.
It's a constant temptation to move them forward too quickly.

Seme Part 7 is up ... ahead of schedule!

Michael Your explanation about Moyne is spot on. He *knew* Clark wouldn't hurt her, but he enjoyed scaring her.

Thanks, Framework

Vicki

But tomorrow, I have nothing to do but sit around all day clicking the "Refresh" button. It's going to be a long day.
I've already posted the next part, Vicki, so you won't have to refresh all day.

Elizabeth The 'getting better and better' comment is always incredibly heartening. Thank you.

Super-thanks to everyone for such wonderful comments and amazing enthusiasm. After all the pain beforehand, this part had to be good, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Not for a few parts. But I will promise you that he will have a shave and a hair cut before Bridge is over.
I always wondered if a clean-shaven, short-haired Clark would be his disguise from being recognized as 'the prisoner' once he got out. But then, of course, his name would ultimately be a give-away... unless he never went back to using it which would be somehow quite sad. So I am now wondering and anticipating with much eagerness how you right his world and let him live the life of a free man once again.

Awesome story!

Cheers
Elizabeth

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard