Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
He speared a piece of chicken and dunked it into the mountain of potato. "Did ... did you cook this?" he asked.

Lois laughed loudly. "Me?" she exclaimed. "No, I can't cook."

Her laughter had cinched tension through his shoulder muscles, but they relaxed again at her explanation. "You can't cook?" he asked in a soft voice that held no hint of reproof.

"Nope," she said easily. "Uncle Mike - he owns the restaurant that provided our meals - has been offering to teach me for years, but I've never had either the time or the inclination."

"I ... can ..." His fork paused on the way to his mouth. "I ... thank you ... for the food." He captured her eyes again. His words were simple and understated. The depth of his gratitude was not.

Lois dropped her gaze to her food. "Which meal did you like the best?"

"Probably the first one," he said.

"The chicken and vegetables?"

He nodded. "Just because it was the first."

The first in such a long time.

Neither of them said it, but Lois figured they were both thinking it.

Lois chewed slowly as she contemplated her next question. It was slightly precarious, but she decided to ask anyway. "Is there any food you really, really miss? Any particular food you crave?"

She could see that he had an answer but wasn't sure about vocalising it.

"Go on, Clark," Lois prompted with a small chuckle. "Tell me."

"I ..."

"You what?"

"I like it when you say my name."
Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG you are the most awesome person ever. Posting this chapter so soon? THANK YOU!!! What a wonderful chapter. I loved the interaction with Lois and Clark and I look forward to when Lois really gets to see how hunky Clark looks without 7 years worth of a beard.

I also love how accepting Lois is - and how she believed Clark. Even with how 'serious' this story is, boy, it sure makes me happy.

I'll be the first to say HOLY COW this time smile1

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG this story is heartwrenching! I can't wait for the next update

K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Corrina,

I didn't take the ending warning seriously enough, because, after all, there is a persistent awareness of what is good and right in your stories. But no one can say they weren't warned.
After the first section I couldn't sleep the whole night, it was so awful and intense. And that's even with you deliberately leaving some things vague. So I promised to stay away. No more gut wrenching, sleep stealing, peace of mind disturbing story. Clark is, after all, fictional, right? So I didn't, couldn't, haven't, won't read several of the other early segments.

But you make them all real and I love your stories so much that I had to come back and see you make it all ok. This, and your other stories, convey so much emotion that I had to check back. Somehow it feels like you get each character's point of view across viscerally... as if you were inside them, feeling what they feel, and even more so with Clark's enhanced senses.
I just couldn't leave knowing Clark was still in there and things were still so bad.

The last few sections are beautiful, but especially this one. Their awareness of each other's needs, and putting each other first in such bizarre circumstances, shows how much love there could be between them.

Only this story's version of Lois, with what she's been through, could possibly understand this Clark. Canon Lois would have just handled it a la bull in a china shop, with no chance of getting him out eventually. And this version's Martha and Jerome must have been even more amazing, for Clark to be so persistently good in the midst of such evil. I fear things can't be anywhere near ok for them.

Please please keep posting but if it's not going to be ok I need another warning to get myself some distance.

Blogger
Blogger
Female Hawk,

I'm completely in awe of this story! notworthy Fabulously told! I'll be very interested to see how our two favorite characters end up. I find it refreshing how much they are helping each other come to terms with their demons. Incredible! I do wonder if we've seen the last of Moyne though. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow the last two chapters were a gift. I can't add much to what has already been said. I am riveted to this story and I want to thank you for not making us wait too long. I am looking forward to what comes next. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I don't feedback very often on these boards. Shame, shame on me, I know, considering, as a fellow fanfic author, how much I know feedback is cherished.

I just wanted to let you know I'm reading this story, and I've been truly riveted with it, to the point that I find myself refreshing the boards throughout the day to see if you've updated. This is, quite possibly, the best L&C fic I've ever read so far, and I don't make that comment lightly. I've been reading L&C fic since 1997ish.

I envy your writing style. I like your minimalism. You don't waste words, and yet, you paint a vivid, striking picture every time. Chapter 6 broke my heart in so many (good!) ways. I'm glad that whatever operation they did to Clark, they didn't take his ability to speak. Watching him struggle for words made my eyes water.

I'm glad Lois is on Clark's side. I loved their conversations. I'm very curious how this situation will be resolved, and how long it will take (but I'm with you for the ride, regardless!). I'd love to see Shadbolt, in particular, come around to Lois's way of thinking. I like him despite his gruffness and his fear.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
notworthy

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, you have really outdone yourself on this one! You have given us such beautiful moments in this part. mecry notworthy

EvelynC
Blogger
Blogger
Cette histoire est géniale, probablement l'une des meilleures jamais écrites et lues par moi. Je suis désolée de ne pas écrire en anglais, mais je ne maîtrise pas assez la langue pour le faire correctement. En revanche, je suis une bonne lectrice en anglais, et non seulement l'histoire est passionnante, mais encore le style en est très puissant. La preuve : cela traverse largement les frontières : j'écris de France ! Merci encore pour ce moment de plaisir, tous mes encouragements pour la suite. notworthy

Que serais-je sans toi qui vins à ma rencontre ...
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yay for posting again this soon! hyper

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Like everyone has said--wonderful!!! Can't wait for more!! I too will turn on my computer bleary-eyed in the morning to see what's posted. This is an amazing--ahem, dare I say KERTH worthy--story! Can't wait for what's next!!

Si je ne derangez-vous pas, je peux faire une traduction pour Choucky/ If you don't mind, I can do a translation for Choucky:
Cette histoire est géniale, probablement l'une des meilleures jamais écrites et lues par moi. Je suis désolée de ne pas écrire en anglais, mais je ne maîtrise pas assez la langue pour le faire correctement. En revanche, je suis une bonne lectrice en anglais, et non seulement l'histoire est passionnante, mais encore le style en est très puissant. La preuve : cela traverse largement les frontières : j'écris de France ! Merci encore pour ce moment de plaisir, tous mes encouragements pour la suite. [Notworthy]
This story is great, probably one of the best ever written and that I've ever read. I am sorry not to write in English, but I am not good enough in the language to do it correctly. In contrast, I am a good reader in English, and not only is the story passionate, but the style is very powerful. The proof: it has surpassed boundaries: I'm writing from France! Thanks again for this moment of pleasure, all my encouragements for the next part.

I love French... hope no one minds I translated. laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Blogger
Blogger
THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATION ! laugh

Que serais-je sans toi qui vins à ma rencontre ...
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
notworthy notworthy notworthy

Thanks for posting so soon! I stayed up waaaay to late reading it but it was totally worth it! Holy cow indeed!! Loved this part! I can't wait to see how this develops. The problem is, the faster you post the more I want! Haha! Keep em coming! : hail

I heart Clark Kent.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Actually, holy cow is too mild. A whole farm full of holy cows and that is no bull!

This story pulls at the heart strings. It tells of Clark managing to keep his heart pure and not fall into the hate all around him. It tells of Lois softening down to be there for her poor father and in the process learning to extend her influence to help someone locked into a situation just as bad as her father's stroke and leaving him just as helpless. I cannot imagine how you are going to pull this one out and put the two of them together, but I'm sure you can do it, Corrina. Keep up the wonderful work and we will continue to be your loyal readers.

Thank you so much.
Pat

Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Can't believe you posted again! clap Though you are aware that once you go back to posting every 2-3 days we're going to have serious withdrawls issues, aren't you? :p

I loved this chapter!!! (feels like I say that every time... but it's true). I really really liked their interaction, how Lois is trying very hard to put herself in his shoes and give him what he needs. She's not asking the hundred questions she'd probably like to; instead, she's figuring out what he's ready for. And Clark... he just seems to understand that that is exactly what she's doing.

Clark was standing against the back wall. He was wearing the clothes she had given him.

He looked ... wow!

Lois walked over to him and smiled. "You look good," she said.
If this is what new shorts and a t-shirt will do to you, Lois, wait till you see him beardless... and with a very nice haircut (by the way, when are we going to get a clean shaved CK? blush )

Cris
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm in the middle of a few days of a crazy busy schedule, so I will be a bit briefer than usual. But I want to say thank you for posting 5 & 6 so close together, and for warning us about the part 5 cliffhanger. I held off until I could read both together (which, given my lack of time this week, turned out to be all I could manage anyway). I don't mind at all that you'll wait another 4-5 days before posting part 7; this was worth the change in schedule!

Great encounter between them; it was everything I could have hoped for. And Clark can speak! So glad to know the operation had nothing to do with that. (Or at least, I'm glad now ... I might change my mind if it turns out to be something even worse for him. But with any luck, it was just an "exploratory surgery to see if he was any different inside" and he slept through it and it wasn't as horrible as we are all envisioning.)

And I *love* that Lois is so firmly committed to helping him, not just in the short term but also in the long run. I have no doubt there will be some big roadblocks -- this is serious stuff! -- but I also trust that Lois will be able to do anything she sets her mind to. thumbsup

Kathy

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Chouky, I don't know the french language, but I think it's awesome that you posted in your own language! And I thank Mozartmaid for translating as well. That is very big proof of how excellent a writer is!

I do believe we have ourselves a kerth award with this story, hmm? clap

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Let me add my Holy Cow to the total and ditto the comments of some of the other gentle readers. Wow. This was a very powerful part. Just like Lois, I'm having a hard time *not* hugging Clark. His fears are so real, but he doesn't know yet that he can trust her completely.

My favorite part:
"Why did you take the notes?"

Lois hesitated. There was a long answer and a short answer. "Because, in my job, it's a good idea not to leave anything behind that could be used against you if it got into the wrong hands." She saw his look of confusion. "And I don't mean yours."

He didn't respond for a moment, and then a glimmer of insight lit his brown eyes.
Shows Lois just how intelligent Clark is and it shows Clark a lot about Lois' character and personality. She's bucking the system to treat him humanely.

It also foreshadows to me what Clark will be willing to do for Lois in the future. Now they will both be listening for the door and with the use of a little superspeed, it's even less likely that Lois will be caught. The partnership is born!

Ack! Short wait between posts = excellent! But now comes the miserably long wait for the next part. mecry

B

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This update was incredible and heart-wrenching.

If their positions were reversed, what would he say to her?

He would ask if she were OK.
Love that she knows this already about him.

Slowly, her resolve overcame her raw fury.

She would *not* allow them to win.

She would stand and fight.
Clark's in good hands with the wrath of Lois Lane on his side.

Clark's POV was wonderful.
Briefs?

He gulped.

She had bought him briefs?
Hee!

Her gut was screaming at her - crying out with clench-fisted-red-faced-insistent screams. She obeyed.
Good for Lois, listening to her gut. Clark's reaction - *sob*

Within her rose a swell of empathy ... And an urgent longing to fly down the stairs, storm into the cell, and surround him with her arms. To hold him while he wept. To comfort him. To pledge to him that his fight had become her fight, too.
I know they're not quite here yet, but I wish they were b/c I think they both need a big hug. mecry

Loved this update. Always anxious for more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard