Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
peep peep peep

"Moyne has gone."

"You ... you said that ... in the note."

The notes. That reminded Lois of something. "Do you still have the notes that we wrote to each other?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Where are they?"

"In my pocket."

"Would you mind giving them to me, please?"

Something flickered in his eyes. It could have been disappointment. He didn't say anything but pushed his right hand into his shorts pocket and fumbled for a few seconds. As his hand emerged, a small object fell from his pocket and clattered onto the concrete.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
If she didn't trust Mr Kent, she shouldn't go into the cell. Period.

If she did, she shouldn't be thinking about possible means of escape.
Yes, Lois! Means of escape, means of escape!!

It was Longford.

"L ...Longford," she said.
No, no, no! We're denied AGAIN! Arrggghh!!!

He knew she wouldn't come into his cell now.

But he had hope that she would come back tomorrow.

And that meant everything.
Yay for giving Clark hope!! smile1

"I'm Lois," she said.

He blinked a couple of times. He swallowed again - rough and scratchy - and hauled in a trembly breath.

"I'm Clark," he said.
He can talk! He can talk!!! Thank goodness!!

Yeah, you know better than to leave us for days on end with this cliffy! wink Looking forward to the next part in 24h!! dance

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think I need to get this one out first…
Part 5 is shortish and ends on a horrible cliffy, so it was always my intention to post parts 5 and 6 not too far apart. My suspicion is that it is part 6 that will finally give you what you want.
I think, my first reaction was, no, Corrina’s not going to delay the talking till part 6. It’s got to be something else. Something not so nefarious. Maybe she would just fire Lois. Or have her killed, Or blow up their world. As I said, something less nefarious wink But then I started reading part 5 and I became really, really scared. And I was right to be. And you’re right to hide. Plus you set another cliffy into the preview razz Doubt it.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whooooeeeee!! help , but I think it gets more rewarding each part. Thanks so much for posting these more quickly. It is appreciated clap

EvelynC
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
This story is really awesome... I can't get it out of my head and am always so excited when a new part is posted!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
shock shock
HOLY COW!! What a place to leave it! Ha! I was so happy and suprised to see this this morning. I read it before I even had the sleep out of my eyes. I love it!! Can't wait for more!

I heart Clark Kent.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I agree with Jen - HOLY COW!

Thank you sooo much for this amazing fic! I can't wait to see how things go from here.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's three HOLY COWs! shock

[Linked Image]

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
YES!! She speaks! HE speaks!! thud Finally!!!!!

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Absolutely LOVED this part! hyper

smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Fantastic! hyper Can't wait for more.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was such a great surprise!!! Whoever said that trying to bribe someone was a bad thing? laugh

Lovely section, even if we didn't really get what we were expecting. But Lois's doubts, how she's not sure of what to do or how to do it... I've said it before, but it really feels easy to get yourself in her shoes. Even though we know Clark's a good guy ('cause he is, right? No twist there, or is there?), we can understand Lois's feelings, why she'd be a little unsure. But I felt like clapping when she chose to follow her gut. Dying to read more and hoping that she will explain to Clark why she wants the notes back (which I'm guessing is part of her plan to seem dettached in front of Shadbolt and Longford).

Thanks for a great part and for posting so soon!

Cris
Top Banana
Top Banana
hyper Lois is in the cell! She speaks! *He* speaks! hyper

Which, of curse, begs the question: What was the operation? confused

Well, I'll worry about that later. For now. I'm just so happy they are talking. I cannot wait for you to post the next part. Soon, right? smile

Will we get to see a bit of Clark's pov when she enntered the cell?

I'm wondering about the little bit of conversation there about the video. What is that supposed to mean? You've got me curious.

More, please.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
MozartMaid

Yeah, you know better than to leave us for days on end with this cliffy!
But, as others have said, it could have been worse!!

Michael

Please remember, unless you’re hiding right behind the wall, spears on a ballistic trajectory can still reach you.
laugh They can? Oooops!

And isn’t it quite stalkery-creey to keep a Lois shrine in his pants pocket
Not when he has nowhere else to put them. laugh

Evelyn I'm glad you liked the parts coming quickly. I've nearly finished 15, so my buffer is slowly recovering!

noorie Hi. Thanks for letting me know you're reading and enjoying.

Jen So it was you who started with the cows!! LOL!

Bellarase I hope that where things go from here continues to be interesting reading.

Jenn Nice pic! Poor cow!

LadyMoira Yes, he speaks - now that he has someone nice to speak to.

DW The new plane ... you wouldn't think they'd need that now that they're talking.

Emily

As frustrating as it was that Longbolt arrived when he did, it was nice to give Lois that extra time to really mull things over and decide on her course of action and feel good about her decision.
Longford's arrival wasn't just about putting off Lois going into the cell - I also wanted her to be ready so that it is plausible that she didn't freak out over things like catching bullets in his hand.

Cristina

But Lois's doubts,
I found it hard to justify her going into the cell - it must go against just about everything she's been taught. But then Lois Lane is a little reckless, so it worked OK.

Vicki

I'm wondering about the little bit of conversation there about the video. What is that supposed to mean?
The video? I'm assuming you mean when Lois told Longford about the camera. She thinks he is unlikely to do anything bad to Clark, but telling him about the camera is just a bit of added insurance.

Hope that makes more sense.

Many, many thanks to everyone for your amazing comments. Christmas preparations are cutting into my writing time a bit, but I am making some progress. The end of 'Bridge' is in sight. At this stage, story 3 will be called 'Road'.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
<strong> MozartMaid

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Yeah, you know better than to leave us for days on end with this cliffy!
But, as others have said, it could have been worse!!

Michael

Please remember, unless you’re hiding right behind the wall, spears on a ballistic trajectory can still reach you.
thumbsup

I need my Holy Cow fix dance

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina,

Just to clarify my question, which was really more a musing than a question for you to answer, I was wondering about Longford's response. He asked how long Trask had the camera in place and if it was there when the two men were killed. I was just wondering to myself about that little conversation. DId he already doubt the official version of the story? Does he now? Will he end up believing and even helping Clark? Or, is there some nefarious reason he wants to know that we don't even suspect yet? That sort of thing.

I think the reason Lois mentioned the camera in the first place was clear - or, at least, easily deduced.

And, yeah! Your buffer is nearly replenished! I am counting the days. Two down. Three is half-way finished. How many more to go? Please say not many!

Loving this story....

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Bellarase

So... does this mean a new chapter today?
No. Sorry. I have part 15 ready for the BRs. I'm hoping to get 16 written before posting part 7. However, the 4-5 day break, might be 4 rather than 5 if RL cooperates!

Vicki Sorry about misunderstanding your question. Longford was brought in to replace Bortolotto, the second victim. He would have heard Moyne's version of what happened.

If everything goes well, I'll try to post 7 on Friday morning.

Thanks!

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard