Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75704 12/01/10 07:59 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
This was just a quick little twenty minute drabble. Let me know what you think.

#75705 12/01/10 09:37 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol
That was hilarious!!!
Of course, Lois wasn’t going to be pleased that he was still paying them off. Six hundred pairs of ski boots from a company in Colorado weren’t cheap, and on his salary he’d had to put them on credit.

The fact that the capes were repeatedly being destroyed didn’t help, and neither did his conscience, which forced him to at least try to help pay for all the destroyed walls and property damage all over Metropolis.

Being a superhero was expensive.

But breaking through walls was fun, and he really didn’t want to stop, even if he always felt a little guilty later.
Love it that Clark has a guilty little secret! This was priceless!!!

Thanks for the story!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#75706 12/02/10 02:55 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
rotflol rotflol rotflol

This was hysterical! I think my favorite line was
“I’m from Krypton, not Gallifrey”
But the following takes a close second:
“Like my super cooking power, or super dog walking abilities? You can’t just tack on the word super to everything I do…”
But wouldn't Superman's expenses be paid for by the Superman fund managed by Murray Brown? After all, if Clark Kent were to be buying hundreds of capes and boots, surely someone would put two and two together and, unlike the a/c repairmen(loved that angle, BTW), they might not be local people who feel protective of Superman, and who might peddle the knowledge on the Q.T.. It might be someone at the credit card company or at the ski boot company in Colorado.

Of course, one can get away with little things like this in humourous vignettes much better than one could in a serious story.

Please, please, please write more "drabbles"! This was one of the funniest bits of fanfic that I have seen in a long time.

Joy,
Lynn

#75707 12/02/10 03:14 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute idea. LOL!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#75708 12/02/10 04:52 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That was fun! It makes you wonder where does Superman store his boots and cape?

#75709 12/02/10 08:17 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
clap

And the quoted parts were my favourite too!

smile

#75710 12/02/10 08:20 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, this was priceless. But, unlike the others so far, I liked Lois' last comment best:
“Don’t tell me…Martians are real. Atlantis, mer-people, cities with talking gorillas…”
You get to wonder if Clark has met Aquaman (ruler of the Atlantean mer-people), Martian Manhunter (a real green Martian) or Gorilla Grodd (stupid talking gorilla who rules a city of other stupid talking gorillas)... rotflol

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#75711 12/02/10 10:37 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What fun! goofy

I think you left a word out in the phrase of "the man who made life..." made life what?
The man who made life for Superman wouldn’t just get booed in public, he’d get it at home as well.
Or perhaps I just misread it, but I assume you meant something like: "...made life difficult for Superman..."

Thanks for giving us a great laugh with this! And love how you inserted the comment about Doctor Who and many other familiar characters. clap

EvelynC
#75712 12/02/10 01:02 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hah! I've never really thought about where the boots come from, just where the clothes go. laugh

“I was going to say back pocket. You compress them down with super speed and then bring them back….”

Clark shook his head. Give a guy a few dozen superpowers and people would assume he could do anything.
Hee. I like the idea of Clark carrying around teeny-tiny boots, ready to decompress at any moment. And that he is going to distract Lois with mer-people to avoid telling her about his credit card debt.

V. fun to read.

#75713 12/02/10 08:01 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very funny, Shayne! Clark should stop worrying about the walls, though. That's what insurance is for. laugh

This *is* my happily ever after.
#75714 12/03/10 09:38 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#75715 12/04/10 12:47 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
This was great, Shayne. I've always wondered where Clark keeps the cape and boots. I've assumed he could fold the cape up really small and maybe the creases come out when he flies? But I had no ideas for the boots.

This one is definitely a great suggestion.

#75716 12/04/10 07:13 PM
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Oh my gosh I really needed this smile to my face today! You've hit on something that always really bugged me in the show, *how* did he manage his cape and boots?? I LOVED that he's got thousands of them stashed every which whereabout, much to the dismay of your local repair man! clap

Thanks for taking 20 minutes to write down this delightful intrigue!

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
#75717 12/04/10 07:34 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So funny, Shayne! And so good to see you back here. And so good that the fic was a vignette.

Let's see if I got this straight, though - Clark wears his supersuit under his Clark Kent clothes, but he can't fit his cape and boots under his dress shirt and elegant shoes.I remember someone musing on the double identity of Superman/Clark Kent, and this person asked himself: How does Clark Kent wear boots under his shoes? How indeed. I guess you answered the question, Shayne. He doesn't. He flies to the nearest supersuit stash and puts on the red and red, namely the cape and the boots. And then he flies back to the same hiding place to retrieve his Clark Kent clothes and shoes when he is done as Superman?

Great fic, and so good to have you back! By the way, I was giggling at this:

“Don’t tell me…Martians are real. Atlantis, mer-people, cities with talking gorillas…”
Ha! Well, Terry just wrote a fic where Lois had a violent run-in with Diana from Atlantis!

But Gallifrey... I have no idea what that is, I'm afraid.

Ann

#75718 12/04/10 07:39 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
It's the home planet of the Doctor, from the longest running science fiction television show in history, Doctor Who. (This is a British television show.) The Doctor is famous for having a time machine/spaceship that looks like a blue police box but is much much larger on the inside. He's also rumored to have pockets that are also larger on the inside.

#75719 12/07/10 12:53 PM
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
rotflol
I really hope the repairmen leave everything the way they found it. Wouldn't want Superman to have to perform a rescue barefoot and capeless lol

Books may look like nothing more than words on a page, but they are actually an infinitely complex imaginotransference technology that translates odd, inky squiggles into pictures inside your head.
#75720 12/11/10 04:56 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Very funny! rotflol

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard