Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lois picked up the pen and paused.

Last time, she had given him a crayon - because a crayon couldn't be used as a weapon.

A pen could be used to stab ... but ... he wouldn't do it.

She was sure he wouldn't do it.

And she was tired of jumping at every possible shadow.

She picked up the Daily Planet and the notepad, lingered for a moment at the door as she looked at the rods, and then continued down the stairs without one.

She unlocked the door.

She pushed it open.

She crouched low and looked around the doorjamb.

He hadn't moved from the back wall, but he was looking directly at her.

She put the newspaper on the floor, and added the pen and the notebook.

She lifted her eyes and met his again.
Thanks!

Corrina

Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina, this story has me riveted! I'm there every step of the way. Fantastic writing!! clap
Suddenly, from a place of no hope, there was hope.

From a place of abject terror, there was mercy.

From a place of dread, there was compassion.

From a place of darkness, there was light.

And it was because of her.

It *was* her.
Just beautiful.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am LOVING this story -- I'm seeing so many parallels now between her relationship with her father and with her prisoner, and this mature, thoughtful Lois is a wonderful view. Post early and often please!!!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Woohoo! Update. Its such a double edged sword because I want to read ASAP, but then that means that I have to wait even longer for the next one. smile

"Yes," she said urgently. "A fork."
Has he been eating everything with his hands up to the point? I suppose so, poor guy.

Giving him candy definitely crossed the line.
But luckily Lois has her new plan of pretense, lying, detachment, and subterfuge so it's ok!

I'm so glad she convinced herself that to go in there sans rod after he supported her that morning. I enjoyed Lois's inner thoughts throughout.

Yay for tea and chocolate rewarded with a smile. Just how long is his beard now anyway? 7 years is a lot of facial hair. I guess trimming it was not a priority for Trask. If Lois is struggling for objectivity now, just wait until Clark has a shave and a hair cut. laugh

Thrilled to see Clark's POV.

Suddenly, from a place of no hope, there was hope.

From a place of abject terror, there was mercy.

From a place of dread, there was compassion.

From a place of darkness, there was light.

And it was because of her.

It *was* her.
*melts into a puddle* Sorry that Clark now will fret about the possibility that Lois could leave. It brings to mind how far he's come in the short time she's been there and how on earth did he manage to survive *7 years!* like he did.

I wondered if he and how he was going to respond to her nightmare. Very nice use of his newspaper. Sad to see him worry that he was the source of the bad dream frown

"After our visit, I'm going shopping, Dad. I'll buy you some new clothes.
Methinks the prisoner will be getting something new as well!

Nice to see Lois's progress with her father as well.

Now how on earth to survive until the next update?!?!

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Love nurse V.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Woohoo! Update. Its such a double edged sword because I want to read ASAP, but then that means that I have to wait even longer for the next one
This I understand completely. It's such a great story I literally can't wait for more!!

I heart Clark Kent.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Terrific. I can't wait for the next part. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Somehow your writing for the next part always exceeds my expectations, even though the previous parts have already been just awesome! It is amazing powerful stuff--your prose!!!!! notworthy

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved this part! And Lois gave him chocolate! Yay!

Did he like chocolate?

Stupid question.

*Everyone* liked chocolate.
Of course, *everyone* certainly does (I do!) wink

There was no hope of freedom. He knew that. There was no hope of a normal life.

They knew too much about him. About what he could do.
and

What if the nightmare had been about him?

What if - in her dreams - he had done something to her ... something brutal ... something savage? Something that had scared her so badly, she had screamed with terror?

What if being forced into his cell had brought to life all the stories she had been told? Things they said he was capable of doing? More than capable ... things that were innate to him ... inborn.

What if - in her dreams - *he* was the monster?
These parts are so sad! And the prisoner has been locked up and mistreated so badly, that one has to wonder whether he would ever be able to return to a normal life? I think this this experience will always haunt him, but that Lois (and his parents, if they are still alive) can certainly help with the "healing"). And that he thought that he was the reason for her nightmare was just heartbreaking.

Now I wonder, since Lois is going to buy Sam some clothes, maybe she can pick up some for the prisoner too? :p

Looking forward to the next part!

smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
You know what the two most powerful parts of this chapter were for me? Not the chocolate or the fork, or even Clark's fabulous, creative method of tearing the newspaper to communicate with Lois. It was Shadbolt bringing the prisoner both breakfast and lunch, and Lois telling her father all about her new job.

These two scenes made me feel as hopeful as Clark after learning Moyne was gone. Everyone still has a very long road to go -- especially Clark, who no longer even hopes to go back to a normal life *sob!* -- but I'm seeing a faint light at the end of the tunnel for everyone involved and it's making me smile. smile

Oh, and Lois leaving Shadbolt with a key and a rod? Brilliant move on Lois's part, and on yours. I love how it relates back to the title of the story -- he has shown trust in her methods by giving tangible proof of his support and compassion, and she returns that trust by giving him access to the cell. Well done. smile

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It was a pasta dish - a creamy chicken sauce redolent with a rich, tangy aroma.
Pasta? Really? Isn't that a bit dangerous. After all, Moyne already stated that he hasn't seen a woman in 7 years. And now they are giving him pasta and a Lois right next door. hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this part! goofy

'I'm fine.' Then she added, 'Go to sleep.'
Awww. Lois is trying *so* hard to remain aloof, formal, professional. But she give him chocolate and she tells him to "go to sleep". That, to me, is such a tender, comforting thing to say. sloppy

Can I tell you again how much I am enjoying this story?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, one more:

[D]id she want him to know that she had her own demons that haunted her?

No, she didn't.

She didn't want him to know about her weaknesses. Her insecurities. Her pain.
Somehow I get the feeling this is going to change! laugh

I just finished reading and commending on anonpip's "My Partner" ( thumbsup ) and this little snippet reminded me of it. I want to write this down and save it, then give it back to Lois to read a year from now.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
MozartMaid Thanks. 'Riveted' is great!

Joy Both Sam and Clark are in prison - although in different ways. Some things Lois learns from one, she can use with the other.

Emily

Just how long is his beard now anyway?
Nipple length?

I guess trimming it was not a priority for Trask.
More than that, it dehumanised him by taking away his choice.

Methinks the prisoner will be getting something new as well!
Nice prediction!

SJH Veronica is helping Lois deal with her dad's situation. Experienced, caring nurses like her are an absolute treasure.

Jen and Laura I'm posting a couple of parts quickly, then we'll have to slow down a bit.

Evelyn So glad it doesn't disappoint!

DW Re Clark healing ... he's going to need someone to love him unconditionally. cool

Good pick up on the clothes!

Kathy I think it would have been so hard for Clark to maintain any hope that things could improve.

Michael

Yeah, is the mirror coated in lead, too?
Yep. Can you imagine Trask allowing the alien to spy on him?

Vicki

This is downright uncanny. If I didn't know you were already working on Part 13, I'd swear you wrote this part directly after reading my last feedback post. It manages to address every one of my questions!
I always feel relieved when somebody FDKs a question that I have already answered in written-but-unposted parts!

Re the comment on Lois's insecurities. I had to give her some pain, too, or else I risked the relationship being too unbalanced. She has to *need* Clark, too.

HUGE thanks to everyone for your FDK. I'm so dance about the reaction to this fic.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard