Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The little scene in the hotel with the shower/towel thing (as some of you may know) is in the original script to Honeymoon in Metropolis. I couldn't help adding it in. smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Wow - that scene was in the original script? That would've been fun. What a neat way to incorporate it.

<<Don't flatter yourself, Lois. You wouldn't have understood him now. You needed the time to really get to know him, to get to know yourself.>>
Isn't that the truth? Lois had to get to know Clark first.

She thought she was married to her hero! And she *was*, but she was still way back in that adoration of Superman stage and she couldn't appreciate the significance of anything but being married to him.
This just reinforces it. Lois and Superman were never on equal footing. Poor Clark in the future frown .

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, great part. A frustrated Lois and a frustrated Superman/Clark. Yes, that was a great variation of the bathroom scene in "Honeymoon."
Looking forward to more.
Oh, back to Superman wearing a wedding ring. Maybe in this universe he wears one as Superman to keep the super groupies away, but they haven't (of course) revealed the identity of his wife to the public?
Just a thought. I like past Lois getting all goggly-eyed at the information that she married Superman!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Things are getting fun.

I wonder how Lois is going to react when she realizes that if future Lois went back to the past then everyone will have seen her with short hair and if she goes back she'll have to cut her hair.

No matter what she does, poor past Lois is doomed to have to cut her long locks. wink

Tank (who can't wait to see past Lois unleashed, alone in her future house)

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was a great part and I, too, loved the variation on the honeymoon suite part!

Yes, Lois alone in the brownstone would be fun ... thinking she is married to Superman, the seeing Clark in their wedding picture looking very much the part of the happy groom!

laugh

Merriwether
Merriwether
I, too, wondered how S1-Lois is going to explain her hair being back into its short bob when she gets back to her own timeline. Leave it to Tank to come up with the obvious solution. goofy

The most interesting part of this chapter for me is Clark being frustrated with Lois' "moony-eyed cheerleader" routine now that he's lived so long without it. I definitely buy this and feel for him; the overarching theme of the first 2 seasons was the fact that she needed to get over her hero-worship to make the real relationship possible, so I sympathize with Clark for having to deal with it again.

Joan made an interesting comment, though:
This just reinforces it. Lois and Superman were never on equal footing. Poor Clark in the future
I know you've only watched the first two seasons so far, Joan, and you haven't seen how their relationship develops over time. So I'd be interested in having you expand on this a bit. When you say "poor Clark in the future" do you mean the S4-Clark in this story, having to deal with S1-Lois? Or were you making predictions for the next two seasons of the show based on what you've watched so far? I remember all the predictions and theories we had back when the show was being aired (and oh, those long summer breaks after season finales!), so the fact that you are going through that now is taking me back. smile

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
"Look, Lois, this is way more complicated than you are prepared to deal with right now. I don't want to get into the details of why and how we get married. But please, for my own sanity, just--" he was about to say 'back off'
hyper

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto Tank, this is getting fun.

Either future-Lois can't keep her hands off past-Clark and is going to get busted, or past Lois is going to take a spin around her brownstone and realize that there are more than 2 people in her relationship. Or none of the above! :p

Looking forward to more,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
scifijjoan:
Wow - that scene was in the original script? That would've been fun. What a neat way to incorporate it.
Yeah, I wonder if it pushed the boundaries of 'the family hour' at the time, and maybe that's why they cut it. 'Course, I made it just a tiny bit less innocent than it was in the original. wink

Tank:
No matter what she does, poor past Lois is doomed to have to cut her long locks. [Wink]
rotflol So true!!

DW:
loved the variation on the honeymoon suite part!
Thanks!

KathyB:
he most interesting part of this chapter for me is Clark being frustrated with Lois' "moony-eyed cheerleader" routine now that he's lived so long without it. I definitely buy this and feel for him; the overarching theme of the first 2 seasons was the fact that she needed to get over her hero-worship to make the real relationship possible, so I sympathize with Clark for having to deal with it again.
I struggled with how I would portray this, so I'm glad it's working for you. I was worried about making Clark too standoffish with the old Lois, but you realize by shuffling them, just how much they both matured over the course of season 3 & 4.

Thanks for the feedback, all! Part 4 is up! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
The most interesting part of this chapter for me is Clark being frustrated with Lois' "moony-eyed cheerleader" routine now that he's lived so long without it. I definitely buy this and feel for him; the overarching theme of the first 2 seasons was the fact that she needed to get over her hero-worship to make the real relationship possible, so I sympathize with Clark for having to deal with it again.

Joan made an interesting comment, though:
This just reinforces it. Lois and Superman were never on equal footing. Poor Clark in the future
I know you've only watched the first two seasons so far, Joan, and you haven't seen how their relationship develops over time. So I'd be interested in having you expand on this a bit. When you say "poor Clark in the future" do you mean the S4-Clark in this story, having to deal with S1-Lois? Or were you making predictions for the next two seasons of the show based on what you've watched so far? I remember all the predictions and theories we had back when the show was being aired (and oh, those long summer breaks after season finales!), so the fact that you are going through that now is taking me back. smile

Kathy [/QB]
Like you said so well, I was sympathizing with Season 4 Clark. He seemed ready to love Lois right off the bat but with her worship of Superman, she couldn't love Clark for who he was. It took so long to get to that point - I can just imagine Clark's frustration.

I just finished watching "And the Answer is" last night. It looks like Lois might be much closer to that point, I hope. I'm really curious about what new obsticals will present themselves. Of course, when you watch a show years after it originally aired, it's hard not to be 'spoiled' in some respects so that colors my perspective as well. I haven't told my daughter about anything that I've picked up, so her reaction to events (ie the wedding) as they unfold will be interesting.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
They played a few more games, and Lois' natural competitive nature took over. She beat him as well as she had three years ago--even though she may have cheated just a little--but with no remorse!
Interesting. Wonder if she cheats when playing with her husband, too. Would explain why she destroys him at strip poker. evil

Suddenly, he heard footsteps coming towards their room. Clark acted fast, throwing the tripod on the bed and grabbing Lois in one swift motion. He laid her gently over the equipment, leaned over her and kissed her soundly, just as the maid came in with some towels.
/danger!/ /danger!/ /danger!/

When he sat up, she still felt dizzy from his kiss and longed desperately to return to her own future, where she would be safe to act on the desires he had just inspired in her.
Aww, too bad frown

Lois opened the door, her hair dripping wet and a deep burgundy towel wrapped around her petite body. Steam from the shower wafted around her and Clark tried to look anywhere but her towel. Lois was surprisingly composed, though she couldn't help the smirk that crept to her lips. She had grown accustomed to seeing Clark in *his* towel, but no doubt this was a first for this Clark.
Interesting form of payback. laugh

Oh this is fun. I just realized, putting a 1993 Lois into the future without removing future Lois, now that could cause some *real* consequences. After all, then you'd have a Superman-groupie whom Clark might not immediately recognize as not being his wife... angel-devil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard