Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Merriwether
Merriwether
quote:
Is there anyone else other than me that checks about 10 times a day to see if the next part is posted yet?
Worse. I went back through the last several chapters to count the days in between posting, just to make sure I wasn't getting desperate too early.

Sorry part 12 is giving you fits, Corrina. I know very much how that goes!

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hee. Glad to know I'm not alone. I even consulted the world clock to ascertain time zones in Australia to see exactly when "tomorrow morning" would be. smile

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm also guilty of checking multiple times a day. Glad to hear it not just me. :-) I'm loving this story and can't wait for more!

I heart Clark Kent.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by EmilyC:
Hee. Glad to know I'm not alone. I even consulted the world clock to ascertain time zones in Australia to see exactly when "tomorrow morning" would be. smile
OMG I did the same thing, LOL! So glad I am not alone thumbsup

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/nods emphatically/ Especially during those times when there's another commute ahead and no new story update to read. dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Evelyn Lois is working in the dark - which is another reason why everything has to progress so slowly.

Emily

Even before seeing Lois's POV, I thought that he was being unfair in his assessment.
True to a point. Scardino thinks of this operation as sort of like a wart - small, unimportant, irritating, and unlikely to go away. He deals with it by ignoring it.

Then Lois comes, and she sees things differently. Scardino's first reaction is a realisation that perhaps she shouldn't be working again yet.

That comes first because it's easier to deal with than Framework's explanation - that Daniel should have done something himself.

Without being inside her head, there really hasn't been any indication that she's become personally involved.
Asking about his parents - because it indicates that Lois has communicated with the alien.

(And it forces Daniel to face the uncomfortable possibility that there are others involved.)

flowerpot Thanks, more coming ASAP.

Kathy

I was hoping for some Lois/Clark interaction, but even though we didn't get that, the plot definitely advanced in this part.
Thanks - I really appreciate that comment.

bellarase Lois and Clark interaction is coming, but I don't think it is realistic that Lois (given her training and job) would just walk in there. Particularly after what happened on her previous assignment.

Vicki Great speculation, Vicki. As you said, I'm not going to answer your questions, but many of them made me smile.

Framework That's true - it just takes awhile for DS to get there.

Joy Glad you're enjoying the fic, Joy.

LadyMoira

anytime Lois finds a way to bring a small ray of sunshine into Clark's life brings such a grin to my face
I know it was awful to take everything away from Clark, but I'm having fun giving it back to him. And part of that is appreciating little things that often go unnoticed.

Brenda I'm really glad that Clark's actions seemed realistic. I think it would be so easy for him to assume the worst.

DW

So, for her first 8 hour shift, I wonder what is she going to do? Keep communicating via paper and crayons for now?
Well, yes. Sort of. wink

Ann That candy bar caused more problems than it was worth!! The first one I chose - after some research on the Hershey's site - wasn't a bar! Then a question was raised as to whether what I'd chosen was available in 1994. Finally, I settled on Snickers because a)I knew it was a bar, and b)my BRs were fairly sure it had been around a long time, and c) we have them in Australia, so I actually knew what I was talking about.

Ooops about the manufacturer!!

Michael Trask, Stepford wife, kids camping ... laugh

Sounds like things are getting a bit too real for ‘Call me Daniel’.
Yep.

Those pins and needles can't be comfortable, Michael!

Vicki The scene you allude to has been playing in my head for a couple of days. It's not written yet, but I can't help smiling whenever I think of it.

Elizabeth Thanks for the enthusiasm, Elizabeth. Next part is up.

RE the time zones - it's easier if I just say my time, because it's going to be different for everyone else. I'll keep trying for somewhere between 2 and 3 days between parts. Part 12 is written and BRed, and Part 13 is being much better behaved.

Jen P Glad you're enjoying it. Thanks.

Sorry Michael, twice a day is just not going to happen!

Many thanks to all of you for your interest and wonderfully encouraging comments. I know the early parts were tough going, and I'm so glad that, having persevered, you're finding the fic enjoyable.

Corrina.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard